Thirty Two

Good morning everyone!

Well at least morning for me, it's 5am and I have an hour before I'm off to work.

I've been writing a lot lately I'm surprised I'm keeping up with daily updates while working 12 hour shifts.

Thank you as always for all of your comments, I love reading them.

Let me know what you think!

Happy reading!
Nat xx

The next day Toni almost talked herself out of going to the party, but how could she after last night? Also it was her girlfriends birthday party and she couldn't miss it even if the thought of Reggie being all over her made her nauseous. She'd probably end up spending more time with Fangs, Sweet Pea and Jughead anyway. The only thing she hoped was that Moose kept his distance, she'd still been avoiding him at all costs.

When Cheryl invited the serpents to her party asked for them to not wear their jackets just incase her neighbours reported it back to her parents. Normally Toni would refuse however she understood the reason behind it so she agreed and so did the boys. Sweet Pea and Jughead were still in relationships with Veronica and Tabitha. As for Fangs he was still sweet on Kevin or Toni assumed he was since he hadn't said anything.

The brunette told herself she wasn't going to drink however that soon changed when she got to the party. One wouldn't hurt, right? Toni arrived with the boys all of them greeting Cheryl and Jason at the door.

'Just go through to the lounge,' Jason said after they'd wished him a happy birthday. 'Drinks are in the kitchen'.

'Thanks man,' Sweet Pea said slapping the boys shoulder.

Their north side friends were already at the party. Sweet Pea and Jughead met their girls with a kiss whilst Fangs and Toni stood awkwardly greeting them afterwards. After a few minutes the brunette noticed Fangs looking over at Kevin who was talking to a couple of their classmates at the other side of the room. The dark haired boy wasn't exactly part of their friendship group more of a friendly acquaintance so if Fangs were to invite him over it may have seemed a little out of character. That being said she wanted her friend to enjoy the party so she called Kevin over herself.

'What's up?' Kevin asked Toni when he reached her however his eyes kept lifting to Fangs.

'I just haven't seen you for a while, thought you might want to hang with us tonight?'

'Oh yeah,' Kevin said. 'And I'm uh, sorry about your grandma'.

'Thanks,' Toni said quickly not wanting to get lost in her grief or thoughts. 'I'm going to grab a drink. Anyone else?'

Jughead and Tabitha followed her to the kitchen where the alcohol was. Toni almost tripped over her own feet when she saw Moose stood with Reggie and a couple of the other bulldogs. She composed herself quickly picking up a beer, she didn't even notice Jughead shake his head at the other boy telling him to keep his distance. She picked up a couple of extra beers for her friends and left the kitchen as quickly as she entered it.

~~~

'Are you all having a good time?' Cheryl asked as she finally got around to seeing her friends, the party was in full swing now meaning she could relax a little.

'Yeah this is really great,' Fangs said with Kevin by his side.

'Good'. Cheryl smiled before looking at Toni, 'how are you?'

'I'm good,' Toni said as she took a sip of her beer. 'How are you?'

Cheryl gave her a smile that Toni knew was only for her, 'I'm good. I'm glad you... all of you made it'.