3

^^
(Aphrodite reference photo)

Things were getting easier. As days turned into weeks the girls body was healed.
She sat up on the bed and fiddled with her fingers, her care takers were Alma and occasionally another woman named Aphrodite.

"You think you're up for a walk? I know you probably want to talk about this whole situation."
Alma offered, grabbing Mai's hand.
She pulled the teenager out of the bed and she nodded. Mai's torso was wrapped securely with white cloth while her legs were covered in loose fitting harem pants.
Her bare feet hit the floor as she left the bed for the first time in a month.
Dispite her natural distrust for strangers Mai slowly began to trust the two women that have spent these weeks helping her recover from death.

Mai held Alma's hand as she stumbled through her first steps like a toddler.
Alma's hand was soon replaced with a wooden staff for Mai to lean on.
"You'll need to learn how to walk without assistance. Use the staff to detect any obstacles ahead and use your hearing to keep track of the directions of my footsteps."
Alma instructed as Mai clumsily stumbled beside her.

"E-easy for you t-to say."
Mai stuttered her voice raspy from sudden use after weeks of silence.

"You'll get the hang of it soon."
Alma assured, she looked at Mai.
Though she hated to rush the blind girl's recovery, there was growing evil in the world and Mai needed to regain her strength quickly in order to help counter it.

Mai swung the polished stick to her right and it hit the edge of the bed. She swung to the left and it skimed the clear floor, showing that it was free of obstructions.
Alma took a step forward and the sound of it rang in Mai's pointed ears.
'She's to the left.'
Mai thought taking a step forward to try and stand beside her healer.

Mai stepped on Alma's foot and jumped back, effectively stumbling and landing on her ass.
"Use the stick before making a step."
Alma said taking a step back to clear a path for her.

Mai grumbled and used the bed to pull herself up before taking another shaky step, swinging the stick as she did noticing how it bumped against Alma's shin and stepping around accordingly.

"Follow me."
Alma's voice commanded as she took three slow steps to the door.
Mai followed suit, staff hitting each side of the door frame.

"Don't swing it so hard, that table is older then me."
Alma warned.

"And how old is that?"
Mai questioned in response, slowing the velocity of her swings.

"Asking for a woman's age is considered rude, didn't anyone teach you manners?"
Alma teased and Mai scoffed in response.

"Maybe, but i can't say I remember it."
The teen said and Alma chuckled.

"Two thousand, four hundred and eight."
Alma said taking a few more steps.

"Huh?"
Mai said in question, slowly falling into a almost steady rythum.

"My age."
Alma said again.
"I'm two thousand, four hundred and eight years old."

Mai tilted her head with a frown, her eyebrows screwed under the bandages that wrapped around her head.
"I don't remember anything about biology class but I'm pretty sure that's not normal."
She said.
There was something odd about her memory loss. She remembered things about society, she knew that schools existed and she could recall the difficulties of algebra and chemistry.
But she couldn't remember her own personal experiences.
The memories of her past life were missing.

She could remember the language she spoke was japanese, but she didn't know how old she was.

She could remember how to add and subtract numbers, but she didn't know her own date of birth.

Alma let out a laugh.
"No it's not. But you'll find that things around here are far from normal."
The woman stopped and Mai ran into her then side stepped into a wall.
Her staff flew through the air and hit the wood railing to her left.

Alma grabbed the stumbling girl's forearm and stopped her from hitting the floor again.
"A warning next time please."
Mai complained grabbing the railing and pulled herself up.
Even though she'd only taken twenty steps her legs had started to burn in complaint so she leaned on the railing.

"If you fall forward you'll plummet a hundred feet before hitting rock, and I doubt Aph would be willing to bring you back a second time."
Alma said leaning next to her, golden eyes gazing at the underground utopia infront of her.

A large hole in the ground allowed sunlight to pour into the civilization, lighting up the vast space.
Trees and vines hung from the cliffs built around the center. Alcoves were carved into the stone overlooking a natural forest and stone buildings below, water fell from underground streams into a large pond.

Mai chuckled nervously and leaned away.
"Alright."

"But then again maybe your instincts would kick in and your wings might save you."
Alma thought watching a few people walk in the balcony a hundred feet below.

"Wings?! I have wings?"
Mai said reached her arms to try and touch in between her shoulder blades.

"Yes but I'm not sure how you activate them. They are currently trapped somewhere."
Alma mused.
She wasn't sure how some quirks worked, where people drew items and appendages from that couldn't possibly be stored in their bodies.
Like there was a secret realm just outside of reality that only a select few could access.

Alma had a talent for creating items with her own energy, but that was possible through her taking something invisible from this world and making it solid.
Mai's wings worked in a way that was practically impossible.
As did most quirks.

"Really?"
Mai said still attempting to touch an unreachable spot in her back.

"Really, you have horns and a tail as well."
Alma said looking at the two snow white appendages. Something about Aph's process of rebuilding Mai's body left them bleached, draining out their formal red color.

Her hair was still jet black but now short. Before the resurrection process Aphrodite shaved it so it wouldn't get in her way. Now the fine sliky hair stuck up in odd directions and curled around her bandages, fluffing over her forehead.
Her cloth bandage blindfold covered her blind eyes and the large scar that crossed over the bridge of her nose and her milky grey eyes.

Mai reached down and grabbed the leathery tail that was previously waving towards the ground.
"Alma?"
She said fidgeting with the tip.
"Who are you? And... Who am I?"

A/n
OoooooOOoo things are progressing! Who is Alma? Where are they?
You don't know hahahah! But first for reference this is Mai's hair:

A/nOoooooOOoo things are progressing! Who is Alma? Where are they? You don't know hahahah! But first for reference this is Mai's hair:

(Idk this person I got the picture from Google)

People pitched hissy fits in the prologue about it being shaved💀 y'all I just wanted her hair to be short in this book😌So Don't get ur panties in a twist it grew back💞

That's it lol byyyyye