26

"That's a plant."
Eri explained grabbing Mai's hand and touching her hand against said plant.

Eri had taken it upon herself to show Mai the dorms.
"That's a couch."
She said as Mai walked forward.
Mai figured out the general lay out of the room when she entered with an energy wave.
But Eri really wanted to feel helpful.

"There's a window right there but you can't see out of it."
The small girl also didn't always realize what was polite and what was a rude thing to say to a blind person.

She was right of course, Mai had no use for mirrors or windows. But the kid didn't have to be so blunt about it.
But Mai realized quickly that the sweet girl just didn't easily grasp common concepts and social cues, which was alright.

Mai was thinking about Eri's comment and ran right into something wooden.
"Oh that's a table!"
Eri said Patting the wood.
"You okay Maigi?"
Maigi, Eri's first attempt to say Mai Yagi turned into a nickname that simply stuck.

"Yeah, thanks kid."
Mai coughed rubbing her gut.

"You're welcome!"
She said with a smile as she continued to waddle around explaining what was where.

Mai had been let out of recovery girl's office after Kirishima was drug back to class by Aizawa and Nezu explained what she'd be doing.

.............

"I think I've come up with a spot in our school for you and a solution to this completely unforseen problem!"
Nezu chirped.

"And that is?"
Mai aed after he left a suitable silence.

"Oh! Well considering you'll need special accomodations for your academic schooling because of both your sight and grade you won't attend normal classes. You'll spend the first half of your school day with your previous tutor Babble.
Which I'll reintroduce you to later.

Then after lunch you'll start interning under recovey girl to sharpen your ability to heal with your new  quirk- or uh... abilities! Then you'll participate in hero training and spend the rest of your day in the dorms!"

..............

So that was the plan.
Mai was filling in the spot for medic intern that had been wanted for awhile. After recovery girl started to age she decided to open a spot for a possible successor.

And so that was Mai's current position.

"Here is another chair! And twenty two more."
Eri said.
"That makes eleven!"
She concluded incorrectly.

"I don't think so."
Mai responded and Eri recounted the chairs around the table.

"Really?"
Eri asked looking up at Mai.

"Yeah it's actually-"

"I'm gonna watch princesses!"
Eri said as her gaze landed on the tv. When the actual students of UA weren't there Eri had full control of the Tv. Which meant for better or for worse during school hours Eri was watching almost every show or movie that had a princess in it.

"Okay."
Mai said and Eri gripped Mai's hand and pulled her to the couch.
Mai heard several clicking sounds as Eri selected the princess movie she wanted and pressed play.

Mai leaned on the couch and Eri leaned against her wrapping her arms around on of Mai's and hugging her tightly.

Mai couldn't see what was going on but the movie seemed to be about a regular teenage outcast with only one quirky friend. She soon discovered through her elegant grandmother that she was actually a princess of some random country no one has heard of and she apparently needed a makeover.

But Mai couldn't help but drift off while listening to the the movie dispite Eri's cute but unhelpful commentary.

Mai hadn't had many dreams that she could recall and this sleep seemed to be just like the others. Just darkness with an occasional golden light that she didn't know how to interpret.

A/n

Ahhhhhhhhh i know this was short and I didn't update Tuesday but ya girl was busy Alright?!

But hopefully I'll start being more on time with my updates (even though I now have to actually write. I have no drafts😳)

But I'll still update at least twice a week.

Well that's all byyyyyyye