48

Denki stammered and looked away, both hi. And Tsu seemed somewhat... guilty.
"Mai I... I don't want you to fight with us."

.............

"What are you talking about bro?! Mai's our key to winning!"
Kirishima asked.
"Not to mention how rude that is-"

"Kirishima let them explain."
Mai said, sitting down.
"So what is it?"
She asked as they sat around in a circle too, talking like many of the other groups.

"Thanks... Mai you're so cool, and totally not on our level you know? Any time you're on a team all the odds are in their favor, no matter who else is on it.
I'm not asking you to do nothing but..."
Denki smiled boldly.
"Give us a chance! To beat them with just class one-A!"
He said with determination.

"Ribbit, be and Kaminari were talking and thought Maybe we could use you as a plan b. Ribbit, so that if anything goes wrong we'll have you to bail us out."
Tsu suggested.

"Guys that's-"

"Actually a good plan."
Mai interrupted weighing the pros and cons.

"Huh?! You guys can't be serious!!"
Kirishima said looking over his group. His outburst catching the attention of a few nearby groups as well.

"Well think about it. Even outside of Kaminari's desire of winning by his classes own merit the idea of reinforcements and a plan b is a sound one. Especially with my blindness, fighting alongside a group makes it more difficult to find and defeat opponents."
Mai said putting a reassuring hand on Kirishima's shoulder.
"But I think you're more concerned about me feeling left out, and if that's the case you have no need to be. I don't enjoy combat as much as the rest of you seem too."

"A-alright... If that's what you guys want then... I guess I'm in."
Kirishima finally agreed with a frown.

He didn't really like this plan.

...............

"For someone so strong she sure is being useless right now."
Some random bitch from class 1-B mumbled.
Mai paced around the outskirts of the fake city.
She had found a small forest area.
The cameras tracked her peaceful movements as her classmates and teachers waited for her to do something remotely interesting.

Meanwhile her team... Well they weren't doing so hot.

She listened through both the ear piece she had to contact them, and she listened to the sounds of the battle going on a whole city away.
Her team was holding their own but the strength of that beast boy and that one vine girl's quirk was hard to counter.
Denki, who was the one who had the idea of fighting on their own was already locked up.
And Kirishima was about to be.

The poor guy was trying his best to give Mai a play by play on what's going on while he himself was fighting.
"And now-"
A moment of silence and static.
"And now I'm captured I think, dumb vines. But Tsu is still okay I think!"
Kirishima struggled and mumbled under his breath.

Tsu was taking the boy, Kosei to the jail cell were his teammate Rin was already being held.
'Her tongue...'
He thought, eyes wide. There was no way this was an appropriate thing for her to do at school.

Mai hummed to herself as she walked around scratching trees to prepare for her inevitable fight to take place.

"What the hell is she even doing?"

"So much for being in another league..."

Class one B was getting even more aggravated over what had been said before and their words were causing the hostility between the two classes to grow even more than it already was.
Except the few who remembered her, from the summer camp. The ones she helped rescue.

"THE HELL DID YOU-"
Bakugou was interrupted by someone.

"There is nothing but honor in waiting until you're actually needed my comrades."
Monoma spoke up with a chuckle.
"Especially if you have the ability to blow everyone out of the water."

.............

"Alright! Mai it's your turn!"
Kirishima yelled into the earpiece as he shook Tsu awake. Kaminari was still twitchy but was somewhat normal.

"I'm sorry guys, this is my fault. I failed and now Mai has to bail us out."
He mumbled.

"No dude that's not true, you heard what she said earlier! It was a good plan! Regardless of why you wanted to do it."
Kirishima assured him, patting his back.
"And plus we did a lot of damage to them! We took out half the team!"

"Yeah... Half the team for Mai to fight. They were right she's so much better than us..."

...............

"So wait... Did we win?"

"No because they still have to capture Mai."

"They only have five minutes left on the clock."

The chatter increased as they looked at the three kids in one cell, the two students waiting in the city and the single girl walking through the woods.

She touched the earpiece and nodded, then she tilted her head and then...

She was gone.

Not only was she gone but the entire Forest was nothing more than pathetic husks of the mighty trees that previously stood strong.

She moved at speeds that left shockwaves that almost turned the trees into dust.
And she flew forward with unmatchable speed.

A/n
You know I saw a video that was like: "what would your oc be like without trauma?"
And I realized I actually thought about it.
Almost All of Mai's trauma happened because of her parents death.
(Because of them dying she was unprotected.)

Also tbh I don't think she would have wanted to be a pro hero lol.
She would have ended up an athlete of some sort. Maybe even a dancer or gymnast?

Idk comment your thoughts. What do you think she would have done if she was never kidnapped?

Well that's all ig
Byyyyyyye