63

A/n
Totally off topic but I've been watching season six and I just HAD to talk about this screenshot:

A/nTotally off topic but I've been watching season six and I just HAD to talk about this screenshot:

Bruh, this man... I love he sm
He's so cute omg.

Anywayyyys I'm actually worried because I don't want to stray super far from the story line, but after I finish this season I won't know what to write because I can't read the manga.
Not sure what I'm gonna do but I'll figure it out.

That it tho, byyyyye.
................

'This... Isn't working, is it?'
Mai thought, her eyes staring forward emptied of emotion.
This school, this life, this incredible opportunity she was given when she was rescued. It wasn't working.
Everything went wrong, all of the time.

She screws up constantly and they're attacked increasingly more often because of her. Kirishima lost his eye, she'd lost her own life because of her past.
She was putting everyone in danger just by living a normal life.

Not to mention this wasn't even her purpose.
She was resurrected as an immortal's trained Angel to help tip the scale towards peace and away from evil. She wasn't here to hide behind her teachers.

No one noticed her slip away because of the commotion caused by Shinsou and Kaminari. She used this as an opportunity to make her way back towards one dorm in particular. She'd spent a lot of time in this room, it wasn't hers.
She nudged open the door.

"Magi!"
Eri greeted jumping up.
She hugged Mai's legs tightly.
"It's storming outside! I don't like the lightning! And I heard yelling in the eating room! What's going on?"
Eri said to Mao with a worried frown.

"Nothing Eri... I just started a little bit of an argument between two friends."
Mai said, she closed the door behind her and hesitated, weighing her options before locking the door.

"What about?"
Eri asked tilting her head.

"Nothing important."
Mai pressed her lips together.
"Eri I... I need you to be a big girl and do me a few favors okay?"

................

"All might wait!"
Midoriya jogged to his teacher after training. His classmates made their way into the changing room while he stayed behind.

"Yes young Midoriya?"
He asked his protégée.

"Well I... I have something to tell you! Please don't be mad that I didn't say it before! It just seemed unnecessary before now!"
He stammered rubbing his hands together.

"What is it?"
All might asked, raising a brow.

"Well... Mai knows about us. She figured out how I got my quirk. She doesn't know exactly what it is but she knew it wasn't normal, I didn't tell you because... Because it was right before..."

"She died."
All might finished touching his chin with his pointer finger and thumb.
"So you didn't see the point in letting me know, even after she came back because she had no memory correct?"

Midoriya nodded.
"Yes sir."

"Well you have very intelligent friends, Bakugou and Mai. They both seem trustworthy enough, and Mai shows more maturity than Bakugou. I suppose it will be alright for now, but I'll have to have a conversation with her about this."

.................

"Why are you writing letters?"
Eri asked Mai.
As you've probably already figured out, Eri had partially restored Mai's eyesight with her quirk rewind. Her vision wasn't perfect at all, she would likely need a pair of glasses to get back to her original vision.
But she could still somewhat see what she was writing. Mai was Nearsighted, and could see the paper and crayons better than she could see something from farther away.

Mai wrote down one last letter in red crayon, crayon was apparently the only writing utensil Eri had in her room, so it had to do.

Mai was running away, and was writing there separate letters to three people.

Nezu

Kirishima

And Denki Kaminari.

The one for Nezu explained the situation and her own mindset, why she was leaving.
The one for Kirishima was obviously more personal, it was about their relationship.
And the one for Kaminari was an apology and a promise.
She would find Jirou, and do what she could to keep her safe. To rewrite what she did.

"I... I have to go away for awhile."
Mai said, she studied the features of the young girl. Locking them in her memory.
Mai wasn't sure what she'd expected Eri to look like, but I wasn't close to her actual appearance. She had long light grey hair, big red eyes and a single small horn.
"And I'm using these to tell people why."
Mai said, jotting down something in one of the letters.

"Why can't you just tell them?"
Eri asked with a frown.

"I don't want to face them right now."
Mai answered, turning from her paper.

Eri rubbed her eyes.
"W-why not? Why are you leaving Maigi?"
She whined and Mai bent to her level.

"I can't face them because then I'd never want to leave, but I have too. I need to go save people by catching a bad guy, and I can't do that here."
Mai said, Eri jumped up and hugged her. Burying her face into Mai's stomach.

"T-tha-at should be the h-h-hero's job! N-not yours! Y-your still a kid Maigi! You have to stay here to learn!"
Eri pleaded.

Mai wiped her ears a hot tears bubbled up. She pressed her lips together. If she was any other person that statement would have been true, but right now it was her job to do that. Maybe in another life Mai could have peacefully attended this hero highschool.
Maybe in another life she would have been able to keep a long term relationship with the boy she loved without fearing for his life.

Maybe in another life Mai could have been normal.
But she was stuck with this life and she had to make the most of her abilities.

"I'll come back someday alright? W-we'll see each other again."
Mai said, smoothing Eri's hair down as the girl sniffled into her shirt.

"It'll all be okay."

That night Mai left her Hero academia