20

Toshinori Yagi otherwise known as the retired number one hero and symbol of peace All Might wasn't actually a hard man to find.
Especially because him and Tsukauchi go way back.

And the man was more than willing to meet the girl that saved him only yesterday.
But he didn't know why she asked for him, or why he was relevant to her story.

Mai was lead back to the same table as the day before after a good night's rest and a shitty breakfast that made her miss her greasy happy meal.

In front of her sat two men.
Yagi and Tsukauchi, waiting patiently for her to get comfortable. The handcuffs were discarded because Mai demonstrated earlier they didn't do jackshit.

"Hello, I brought All Might and the necklace as requested."
Tsukauchi said politely and Mai nodded.

'All might?'
She thought, she doubted the detective got confused and brought the wrong guy so this Toshinori Yagi was also All might. One of the people Mai saved and a name that made her head spin with whispered memories.

"So let's go back to the first question."
Tsukauchi said pulling out a notepad. He'd attempted to ask other questions the previous day but the girl remained stubbornly silent through the questioning.
"Name?"
He asked.

Mai knew this would go one of two ways.
The name would mean nothing to them and they'd continue.
Or they'd immediately recognize it and halt completely for Mai to tell them her long unbelievable story.

"Mai Rika."
She said simply.

Bingo.
Heartrates speed up and All Might scoffed only to look at Tsukauchi's shocked face.
"She's lying right?"
All might asked blinked and his friend didn't respond.

"Have you ever changed your name?"
The detective asked leaning forward. There are loopholes with his quirk. This girl could have legally changed her name to Mai Rika so his lie detector quirk wouldn't go off.

"No."
She said crossing her arms.

Truth.

"Listen I said it was unbelievable. I'm not sure who I was or what that name means to either of you. That's why I'm here."
Mai said and All might shook his head.
"You mean she's not Lying?"
He clarified.

"Give him the necklace."
Mai said nodding in his direction.
The determine did as told and pulled the golden chain from his pocket handing it over to All Might.

He looked at the familiar golden chain and pendent in surprise.

"W-where did you get this?"
He asked and Tsukauchi's head went wild with possiblities.
She could have the same birth name... But also look so much alike? That too much of a coincidence. So maybe she's a clone that was named after her? No they took a blood test when she came in, they would have been able to tell if she wasn't human. Probably.
So maybe it is her... If so then how?

"Alma gave it to me."
Mai answered.
Another truth but one Tsukauchi didn't under the weight of, he didn't know who this Alma was. But Yagi did. Like a puzzle, pieces started to click together one by one.
"So you're..."

"An angel."
She said and Tsukauchi shook his head.
No this was getting werid. Even with his quirk he could barely believe it.

"What's she talking about?"
He asked but All Might ignored him.

"They resurrected you? How?"
All Might asked.

"Yes and I don't know, Aph tried to explain it but that shit is way to complicated for me to understand."
She answered, it had something to do with healing her body and bringing her literal soul back from the afterlife.

"Is she lying, at all?"
All might clarified with Tsukauchi.

"No, but Yagi tell me what's going on?!"
He pleaded.

"I think... I think my student was resurrected by my ex girlfriend."

..................

Alma had saved All Might from near death after his fight with All for one.
His organs had been destroyed and his heart was on the brink of never beating again.

Her saving him and making him into her angel not only saved him but the thousands of people he saved after rejoining society.

But before that he fell in love.

Alma was an immortal which meant she was practically a goddess, but she fell for him as well.
Their relationship broke an unspoken rule even though it hurt no one but themselves.
He knew eventually he'd be forced to leave and she knew going with him would mean sacrificing her powers and immortality.
That was something he wouldn't let her do.

He refused to let her do that when her purpose in the world was to great, so he broke it off with her and asked Aphrodite send him back to Japan.

He dated a few women after but he didn't love any of them like he loved Alma, eventually he gave up on romance all together. He knew he'd never hear from her again.

But apparently he was wrong.

She'd taken in one of his students and revived her with impossible magic before sending her back to protect him.
The only thing she knew was a name.

His name.

................

"This might be a problem..."
Tsukauchi mumbled after hearing the entire story.
"Your death was publicized after it was confirmed, the entire country thinks you're dead, and with your popularity so low you coming back would be questioned."

"What do you mean?"
All might asked snapped out of his memories.

"I mean they might think we faked it."
He answered.

"Faked it? You mean faked my death so people would think I'm a hero because of how I died?"
Mai clarified.
"That's brilliant. Why didn't we do that?"

Tsukauchi sighed.
"Because you actually died. So do we just announce it and ignore what they say or-"

"Or we could let Mai Rika die."
Mai suggested.

"We aren't going to kill you-"

"No. I mean the old me. I don't remember anything and everything thinks I'm dead right? So just let them believe that and let me move on as someone else."
Mai said.
"Give me a new name and let me finish school, attending UA as a new student."

"We can't do that to your class-"

"Well then tell them just keep it from the public. That way I won't have to deal with that gladiator shit anymore."
She reasoned and Tsukauchi nodded.

"If that's what you want we can do it."
He offered.

"Yes, that's what I want."

"So your new last name? Do you want me to create your identity?"

"Yagi. Mai Yagi."
All might said before she could answer.
"I'll adopt her."