34

"And then he flew through the air! Woosh! And there was a Bright light and Deku came back!!! And everyone was singing and dancing and having fun!"
Eri cheered with more enthusiasm and emotion than anyone had ever seen on her. She'd found her smile and temporarily forgotten the Demons of her past.
She explained what happened to Mai quickly with excitement that even made Mai smile from hearing.

She didn't know about Eri's issues with smiling, because she couldn't see facial expressions unless using energy wave. But she did notice how she wasn't as happy as a child should be.
Aizawa had explained a little about the girls past and it only made Mai more determined to protect her at all costs.

Mirio was by them both smiling at everything.
His friend was alive! And blind!
But still alive! That's awesome! And Eri was smiling?! What a great day!

"Hi Mai! Sorry about you dying and all! But I'm glad you're okay now!"
Mirio said in the least secretive way possible.
Eri gasped and looked up at Mai.

"You died?!"
She cried in shock.
She didn't want Mai to die! She just met her! Mai was her friend!

"I'm fine Eri."
Mai said Patting the small girl's shoulder comfortingly.

"Oh yeah! Sorry! Confidential!
Right! Not a word!"
Mirio said, thank God no one was was around. Sure Mirio could keep a secret, but he had to mention it at least once to Mai herself, to show his support, of course.

"Thanks."
Mai said. Mirio seemed nice enough, very social and enthusiastic, but nice. Plus Eri seemed to like him, so Mai liked him.

While walking around the different stands to the beauty pageant that Eri was interested in watching, someone jumped infront of them, clipboard in hand.
Mai put her hand infront of Eri defensively without even thinking when the intruder blocked their path.

"Would either of you folks be interesting in completing a very short survey?!"
The boy shouted.
Eri, who just noticed the blonde guy ducked behind Mai.

"Oh no, it's the dark part of UA..."
She whispered grabbing Mai's arm.

'Tf did this guy do to get labeled the 'dark part of UA?'
Mai Thought, allowing Eri to hide.
She wasn't going to assume the guy was bad, Eri was probably overly cautious. But she didn't mind being used as a buffer between the two.

"A survey?"
She asked, her monotone voice muffled by her mask.

"Yes! I just need to ask both of you very serious question!"
He said holding up his clip board.
"Which did you enjoy more? 1-A's boring kids song... Or class 1-B's super creative and entertaining theater production?!"

'Ah, a theater kid. That makes sense.'

"Well I only went to the boring kids song, so I guess that. What about you Eri?"
Mai asked the girl, she peaked at the guy who stared desperately at Eri.

Eri recalled something Bakudou told her to say if anyone bothered her, before he was told not to say bad words around her.
"F-fuck off dipshit."
She whispered trying her best to show him only her middle finger.

Mai turned to to kid, her hidden mouth parted in shock.
"Did Bakugou teach you that?"
She asked slowly.

Eri nodded.
"Yep."

"Alright then."
Mai responded, it wasn't the kids fault.
"Don't say that."

Monoma who had been slightly taken aback began to cackle.
"SO THE GREAT HERO BAKUGOU SPENDS HIS TIME TEACHING CHILDREN TO CURSE?!? NOT VERY HEROIC IS HE?!?!"
He yelled and then bent forward.
"So which one?"
He asked Eri who frowned.

"One-A."
She said stubbornly.

"Damnit."
The boy cursed as he got yet another vote for his rivals.
He looked up at Mai, he looked at her eyes and could easily tell that she was blind or close to it.
"You know... I haven't seen you around, what class are you in?"
He asked observing the very interesting new character.

"I'm not in a class, I'm new, learning as an apprentice."
Mai explained, not all lies.
She was recovery girl's apprentice after all.

"An apprentice?! With who?"
He asked prying for information, he wasn't exactly "on to her" the thought of her being Mai Rika hasn't even crossed his mind.
But he was curious, and that was dangerous.

"M-maigi! I wanna watch the beauty show!"
Eri pleaded pulling on her arm to go find the show. She wanted to see princesses!
Real. life. princesses!! And the dark part was messing it all up!

"Alright, alright let's go."
Mai complied, allowing Eri to drag her anywhere she wanted to visit.
Monoma watched as the two walked away.
There was something funny about that older girl.

And he wanted to know what it was.