45

A little meme:

Tehe

Anywayyyys.

..............

"H-hey Mai!"
A female voice called Mai as she walked to her dorm.

"Yes?"
The blind girl said, tilting her head to an angle as she heard her friend come closer.
"What is it Jirou?"
She asked, identifying her by her voice.

"I uh... I wanted to give you something..."
She said stopping beside Mai.
"Here."
Jirou took Mai's hand and placed a device in the girls palm. It was a small box that had a cord wrapped around it.

"What is it?"
Mai asked holding it up and feeling it's smooth exterior with her other hand.

"Well... It's my old Mp3 player... I don't really use it anymore because I have my phone but... Well I know you like music and... Well it's not a screen."
Jirou guided Mai's fingers over the buttons.
"I know your quirk doesn't help you see things on screens and all so... Well I thought you could use this easily."
Jirou said nervously.

Mai sat without saying anything, her mouth slightly open.

"Sorry! I hope this isn't insulting or anything! Really! I know they have voice to text features on phones but-"

"Thank you."
Mai said tilting her head up.
"Really Jirou, thanks... That's really nice."
Mai said holding the device to her heart.

Jirou beamed.
"You're welcome."
She taught Mai whick buttons skipped songs and which ones turned up the volume.
She showed her the on and off switch and how to pause/play.

Jirou liked giving personal gifts.
She liked putting together playlists and even burning CDs for her friends dispite how outdated it was.
It made her happy.

It was her way of bonding and even apologizing when she did something wrong.

You could call it her "love language" I suppose.

..............

"But before we get started there's something important I need to talk to you guys about."
Vlad, Aizawa and Nezu stood before class 1-B as they were about to give them the same talk they gave 1-A.

They were going to begin the first 1-A vs 1-B training exercise.
Plus Mai of course, since she also was in the hero course.

But they had to lay down some ground rules first.

One-A walked in as their fellow students waited for Aizawa to continue.
"What are you idoits doing here?"
Aizawa asked instead of giving hs speech.

"You're gonna say that infront of your boss?!"
Denki asked Aizawa in shock, pointing at Nezu.

"Aizawa it's fine! We told them about training! Good heroes always arrive early!"
Nezu chirped, without acknowledging the other comment.

"We were just about to discuss an important matter with this class about a fellow student. If you know what I mean."
Aizawa said and they nodded.

They knew it was the same speech they got.
Mai's alive... Blah blah blah... Don't tell anyone... Blah blah blah... No her death wasn't faked... Blah blah blah.
But it meant Mai was gonna participate in training against 1-B.
Which was awesome for their class.

What they didn't know was that because of the odd number of students, she'd play both sides.
(Like Shinsou, Because he's an official student now.)

"Oh so I guess we aren't nearly as important as the SUPER superior class 1-A if we get this information after them-"
Monoma said, his voice laced with spite and sarcasm.

"Monoma this has nothing to do with your classes. A student was endangered and you knowing wasn't necessary until now."
Vlad said and monoma shut up.

If Vlad was correcting his jab at their rival class, that meant this was actually important.

Vlad had a lot of built up respect for Mai. Every since the attack at the training camp.
But especially after her untimely death.
He was actually happy that the girl made it back, she deserved it.

"Now, as you know not to long ago our school was once again attacked."
The students nodded.
"What you don't know is that class one-A, their teachers and the little girl Eri were rescued by someone outside of standard law enforcement.

"You mean a vigilante?"
Kendo asked.

"Technically yes, they had a permit but didn't have expressed premission from a fully licensed pro. But since they had ties to our school they're being protected."

"So they aren't being punished-"

"Would you shits stop interrupting me?"
Vlad asked, raising his voice slightly.
His students flinched and a few kids from 1-A snickered, which earned them a glare from pretty much everyone.
They soon returned to their stretching and preparation for the tasks ahead.

"The student was... Is... Uh..."
Vlad stammered.

"The student was Mai Rika."
Aizawa butted in. He was used to this, and used to the shocked looks.
"I know what you may be thinking.
Mai's death wasn't faked, her heart stopped and her brain ceased all activity. She was buried and the funeral you all attended was real.
But she showed up to save us a few weeks ago and we are grateful for that.

But she has a few health concerns connected to her death. This includes blindness and possible permanent memory loss."
Aizawa said and the kids gaped at him.

"The uh, the reason we're telling you this is because she'll participate in the training exercise. She'll probably be here any minute."
Vlad stammered.

"Any questions?"
Nezu asked.

Monoma raised his hand.

Monoma never raised his hand.

"Yes monoma?"
Aizawa asked, waiting for a bitchy comment.

"I'm not sure what we're doing today but... Can she be on my team?"
He asked genuinely, then looked around at the shocked faces around him.
"What?! I can't be the only one that finds her incredibly interesting!"

"I-I think she's pretty!"
Tetsu tetsu commented nervously.
Kendo slapped his head and Kirishima glared daggers at him from across the room.

"I don't mean it in a pervert way! I mean objectively!"
He said in defense.

And no one said anything.
Because it was true.