33

Ami was an early riser, and always has been.
She'd wake up early, go on a run, take a shower and then have a light breakfast before school.
So while starting her regular routine she stepped out of the dorm and ran smack into someone leaving the room next to hers.

"Oh sorry Ami!"
Kirishima said with a smile as Ami stood there in shock.
"Good morning!-"
Kirishima suddenly realized what was going on. He just had the best sleep he'd had in months, and was so happy he could dance.
Until he remembered someone he'd totally forgotten the moment he learned Mai was alive.

Ami.

He'd forgotten about Ami.
The girl who had admitted to having a crush on him. The girl he once told maybe some day they could work.
The girl he just bumped into while leaving Mai's room after spending the night.
'Shit! Why does this always happen to me?!'

'Did they hook up?!'
Ami thought in horror. She knew Kirishima and Mai would end up together but God that was quick. In fact if they "did the do" isn't that wrong on Kirishima's part?! Because Mai doesn't even know who he is.
"Did you-"

"No! No we didn't! Ami I'm sorry but-"
Kirishima pleaded, he could only imagine what this must have done to her. If he'd seen some guy walk out of Mai's dorm, he would have been crushed. Even before the night they kissed he would have been heartbroken.

"W-whatever..."
Ami choked out running past him with tears blooming in her big blue eyes.
No she couldn't handle this, she assumed that Mai and Kirishima would have a slow burn as she slowly started to get to know him again.
But nope. Now they were doing stuff. Even if it wasn't sex it had to be romantic.

God why does this always happen? Anytime Ami falls for a guy her feelings are always unrequited. Or after the guy has a falling out with his prettier girlfriend he comes to her as a second choice.

But she didn't want to be someone's second choice. She wanted someone to see her and think of no one else. She wanted to be the one and only, the first pick.

But she never was.
She tried just being a guy's friend hoping he'd fall for her eventually, she just turned into someone he'd rant too or talk about the girls he liked when none of them were her.

She tired not going after a guy and just being patient, but just ended up falling for some guy with an amazing girlfriend.

Then she tried being up right and honest, only for the guy's crush to come back from the dead and steal him away with her beautiful awesomeness.

Ami ran around UA campus while searching for a place to cry. Well actually she was crying the whole time but still.

And Kirishima was standing the the hall, feeling pretty shitty but no less in love with a girl that didn't remember him.

Maybe they were both just unlucky in love.

..............

The day of the festival was And It and it couldn't come sooner.
Mai was fucking sick of hearing the same song being played, over and over again in the dorms.

Kirishima also had detention again after a very longwinded lecture from Aizawa and Present Mic.
They would have let him off with a warning like they did Mai, because the door was open. But he asked why they could sleep together and him and Mai couldn't.

They didn't like that.
Mic said that they had to get married to share a room in the dorms while Aizawa just glared at Kirishima with glowy red eyes.
Mai was just sitting there listening because she knew this would happen, but also enjoyed the tea.

But at least he still could participate in the festival.

............

"Hi Eri! Ready to have some fun!"
Mirio said when he went to the dorms to walk her around.

"Yes lemillion."
She said giving him a hug.
"You're gonna meet my friend too! She's pretty and nice and cool! She beats bad guys like you! Pow! Pow!"
Eri said with as much enthusiasm as she could without smiling.

"She sounds fun!"
He said putting Eri on his shoulders and prepared to walk out of the dorms and to the grounds of the festival that was up and going.

He was on a mission-
No! A quest! A quest to find the best candy apples he could for Eri! And then after 1-A's concert he would hand Eri over to her other babysitter so he could take a turn to help his own class with their petting zoo.

But he didn't know who he was passing Eri to yet, Eri seemed to like her and it sounds like she's tough! And that's cool! Mirio liked tough!

"Mirio wait one moment."
Aizawa said as they almost left the dorms.

"Sir yes sir! What do you need?!"
He said turning with Eri holding onto his head.

"I need to talk to you about something confidential."
Aizawa said as Mirio took Eri off his shoulders.

"Alright! Wait here Eri! The fun will start in a moment!"
He said giving her a big smile and a thumbs up.
She gave him a thumbs up in response with a blank face. Still no smile.

He then followed Aizawa into a room and stood there smiling. He liked secrets, and surprises! Was this a surprise party?! Was he going to help surprise someone with a party!?

"Mirio this is a very serious matter they the school of UA is trusting you with."
Aizawa said and Mirio dropped the smile.

'Alright, serious face!...
I'M SO EXCITED!!'
He thought with a blank "serious face"
"Yes sir."

"I want you to understand that if you tell anyone about this, even your friends. Not only would you put someone else's life at risk but you would be expelled."
Aizawa said.

'This must be seriously serious.'
Mirio thought.
It probably wasn't a surprise party then.

"If it's that important than you can trust me to stay quiet about it sir!"
Mirio said in his most serious voice.

"Good, Mai Rika isn't dead."

Surprise!