62

Mai slowly made her way back to the medical room that her and Kirishima had shared last night, now that she knew what she did she somehow felt worse than she had last night.
When she climbed out of her own bed to seek out the comfort of Ejiro Kirishima.

She didn't know how to feel about him right now, she was sure she had feelings for him now that she remembered him. But that's just it, if it was love wouldn't she know? Even when she didn't remember him? If what she felt was strong enough to be called that then she wouldn't have easily forgotten him right?

Was she a liar? Did she lie to him in her final breath? Telling him that she was in love when she wasn't even sure? That was wrong wasn't it? Was she leading him on or just accidentally telling him something that was untrue?
Was it him that she loved or the comfort having someone there for her provided?

There was that one night she let Bakugou sleep next to her for that very reason. Was that the same? It didn't exactly feel the same, but Mai wasn't sure if it was actually because her feelings for Kirishima was stronger and more romantic or not.

She stopped at the door and sighed.
She turned her back on it and put her back to the wall beside it. She slid down and gripped her hair in her fists. She pulled her knees up to her chest.
This was all too much. Her memories coming back, her being kidnapped and the news from Jirou. She felt so tired and lost and mentally confused and she just didn't know what to do or say or think right now.

A part of her wanted Kirishima.
She wanted him to seek her out and hold her, she wanted him to tell her that everything was alright. That she made the right choice telling Nezu about Jirou. That she wasn't a horrible person and a horrible friend.
That he loved her.
Even though she still didn't know if she could say it back.

"Oh hey!"
A voice exclaimed, their footsteps told Mai the trespasser was jogging closer.
"I came to visit you and Kiri! Where is he? Oh and are you okay? You seem upset!"

Kaminari.
Holy shit it was Denki Kaminari. Jirou's friend and possible lover. He was here.
Mai felt like throwing up, she couldn't take this. She was truly glad she didn't have to look at him. That she couldn't see his bright smile.

"He's... He's inside I think."
Mai told Kaminari without answering his other question. She stood up slowly.

"Okay! Hey guess what? You're not gonna believe what just happened-"

"I have to go."
Mai whispered, using the wall as a guide to sulk away towards the restrooms.
She felt dizzy, disoriented. Was it from the guilt? Or was she hurt from something that happened yesterday? Maybe sick?

"Well that was weird."
She vaguely heard Kaminari say as the oblivious happy boy opened the door to Kirishima's room. To wish him well and make sure he was alright.
And to tell him about that kiss.

She regretted not telling him the moment she heard him. But she couldn't, she didn't want to have to do that. It wasn't her job right? She was a fucking kid, and she needed a damn minute. She had just lost her friend after being kidnapped and basically molested by her damn uncle. She didn't want to have to deal with trumatizing even after trumatizing event just to pick herself up and do something she shouldn't have too.

But it wasn't like she could avoid this confrontation forever.

.................

"Why...?"

Mai didn't say anything.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me?!"
He yelled and Mai sat there, still as stone.
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?! YOU KNEW! YOU TOLD THEM BUT NOT ME?! HOW IS THAT FUCKING FAIR?!"
Denki Kaminari screamed. The air around him crackled as he lost his grip on his quirk.

"Denki I-"

"Why did you...? Huh? Why did you tell them? She was your friend Mai! You could've kept her secret right? She was sorry you know she was! If you were actually her friend you wouldn't have done it!"
He said, tears in his eyes.

Remember when he said nothing could bring him down? Well reality did. He plummeted down from cloud 9 and landed in the tough embrace of the ocean.
Drowning under the waves of sadness and anger he felt knowing what had happened.

And he could only think of one person to take that anger out on.

Mai was sitting at the table, her head down and her lips pressed together.
They were alone. Denki got out of classes after he heard the new and Mai had appearntly thrown up earlier, meaning she was sent to the dorms.

Kirishima was with recovery girl for his eye and the rest of the class was out training with class 1-B.

"I'm sorry I... I thought it was the right thing."
Mai whispered.

"The right thing?! She trusted you! She told you because she was sorry! And you didn't care-"

"I did care-"

"Then why the HELL did you do that?! You sent her running away because you were mad at her or some shit?!"

"Kaminari she committed a crime-"

"Oh yeah! And you've never done that!"
He laughed, running a hand through his hair.
"You expect us to forgive you for fucking KILLING people but Jirou crossed then line by texting a criminal?!"

Mai's eyes widened and her mouth parted.
"Should we send you running?! Make YOU pack up and leave?! Huh?! What makes you so much better than her?!"

"I'm not better than her-"
Mai mumbled, tears forming in her eyes.

"Huh?!"
Denki said punching the table.

"I SAID IM NOT!!! Okay?! I DON'T K OW WHY!! I REALLY REALLY DONT KAMINARI!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IM THE EXCEPTION!!!"
Mai yelled back, sobbing.

"For some reason you got to keep your secret for months while Jirou was outted the first time she told someone! If Jirou has to leave for her crime then you deserve to rot in jail for what you've done. But for some reason you're special-"

Mai wasn't sure where he came from, or how neither of them noticed as he dropped his backpack and ran forward. They didn't realize he was there until he had Kaminari by the collar, he delivered two hard punches to the electric boy's jaw.

"Hitoshi Shinsou!!! Unhand him!!"
Iida tackled Shinsou away from Kaminari and Sero jumped to hold Kaminari back just in case.

"Alright everyone cool it!!"
He yelled pushing Kaminari backwards.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!!! DID YOU FORGET THAT SHE SVAED YOUR FUCKING LIFE?! THAT SHE SACED ALL OF OUR LIVES?! SHE EVEN SAVED YOUR PRECIOUS JIROU FROM THE LEAGUE OF VILLAINS TWICE!!!"
Shinsou screamed at Kaminari from behind Iida's arms.
"So don't fucking talk to her like that."
He said lowly with a glare.

Kaminari touched his bleeding nose in shock. Him and Shinsou had always been cool. Not friends, Shinsou didn't want friends. But they had hung out before.
This kinda angered reaction was very rare for him.

But this was a worthy cause for anger.

A/n
Phew that was angsty
Lots of feelings.

But anyways y'all have any thoughts? Do you think Kaminari's reaction was appropriate? What about Shinsou's?

Well that's all.
Byyyyyye