19

No. Mai Rika did not have a twin.
She was an only child born to two now dead parents.
But technically Bakugou didn't know that.

Mai showed up at the door of an orphanage when she was just barely a toddler. The only words she could say was mama and papa, but by the time she could communicate like normal she'd forgotten who her parents were.
By the time she started school she had no memory of her parents whatsoever.

All Bakugou Katsuki knew was that she lived in an orphanage.
"I don't know."
He said simply staring at the girl. The creepy thing was all of the scars on her body aligned with the injuries Mai had.
A scar that tore through her side was identical to the one she had after fighting All Might.
The one crossing over her eyes was eerily similar to the wound that ended her life.

But it couldn't actually be Mai. She could be a fake. Some sort of clone.
But if that's true then why doesn't she look exactly the same? Why are her wings white with feathers and not scaly like a bat?

Nothing was adding up. Could it be some twisted coincidence?

"Yeah I just asked because-"
Denki said nervously.
It was a stupid question, he was probably just imagining it.

"I know, I see it too."
Bakugou said shaking his head and tearing his vision from the girl.
'Thats impossible.'
He scolded himself for even thinking.

Kaminari nodded and the two boy's sat in silence until the police showed up. Police, heroes, detectives and ambulances pulled up and bathed the building in red and blue flashing lights.

An image that the class found sickeningly familiar. How many times have they seen the same detectives pull in after being attacked. Each time They are all questioned individually afterwards to get a good idea on what happened.
They knew the head detective very well at this point.

Tsukauchi walked into the scene with his partner Sansa right behind him.
He stopped to converse with All Might about the situation, both glancing at Mai occasionally. The girl just stood there, allowing a paramedic to poke and prod her face, inspect her bleeding blind eyes and wrap her burnt hand.

Tsukauchi nodded and walked to his cat like partner Sansa and pointed at Mai. The other man shrugged and they made their way to the girl as soon as the paramedic finished her job.
"Hello."
Sansa said pulling out his badge.
"The name's Sansa Tamakawa, Musutafu police force."

Tsukauchi smacked his partners hand when he started to move the license around testing Mai's sight.
"Ma'am we'll have to take you in for vigilantism and using a quirk without a license."
Tsukauchi said pulling out handcuffs.
He didn't exactly want to arrest this girl. Not only did she appear to be only a teenager but she was the first person to singlehandedly put the league of villains in their place and he liked the guts it took accomplish this feat.

Mai nodded. This was actually exactly what Alma said would happen now all she needed to do was find this mysterious ex boyfriend.

...................

Mai yawned and leaned her head on the window of the cop car. She had handcuffs on her hands that she could easily break and a pit of hunger in her stomach, it's safe to say the night was going well.
The car turned and Mai heard Sansa move in his seat.

"Why'd you turn?"
He asked his partner. This wasn't the way to the station, fear crept up his spine and he remembered what happened to the students.
They got in the bus with who they thought was Aizawa but turned out to be a clone.

His orange hair stood on end.

Was this-

"I'm stopping at McDonalds."
Tsukauchi said with a shrug pulling up to the window. Sansa relaxed, okay so he wasn't being kidnapped. Good.

"Hey."
Tsukauchi called turning around.
"What do you want?"
He asked Mai who tilted her head. He'd heard her stomach growling from his spot in the car and decided to reword the kid for saving the lives of twenty three people.

"Why would you even ask that?!"
Sansa scoffed shaking his head.

"Hey!"
Mai said sitting up.

"The prisoners get happy meals."
Sansa said sternly Crossing his arms.

"What the hell is a happy meal?"
Mai mumbled, not recognizing the phrase.

"Welcome to McDonald's may I take your order?"

"Three happy meals."

...................

"Hello again ma'am."
The detective said sitting across from Mai.
She was sitting in a metal chair that was bolted to the floor, she had two hand cuffs that had chains long enough that she could eat her happy meal.
She was also wearing a very uncomfortable orange jumpsuit.

"Hello sir."
She responded with a mouthful of fries.

The detective folded his hands and leaned forward.
"My name is Tsukauchi, we've already met. What's your name?"
He asked turning on the recorder. Regardless of his opinion on her actions he had a job to.

"Well that's a long story."
Mai said, she had the same name as a dead person. Because she was a dead person.

"Your name is a long story?"
He questioned, he'd heard several methods of avoiding his questions. His quirk allowed him to see if someone lies and many criminals had gotten this information so he knew how to act and interrogate them accordingly.

"Kinda. A story you won't believe."
Mai shrugged.

"And why not?"
He asked going along with it.

"Because I'm dead."
She said and he shook his head. But then paused. Because nothing happened, there was no sign of her lying.
But she couldn't actually be telling the truth right?

"How about you tell me that story."
He said leaning back and crossing his arms.

"I will. But I need you to do two things for me first."
She said sipping her chocolate milk.

"Tell me what it is and I'll see what I can do."
He said, he would've be able to give her anything dangerous or do anything outside of what he's allowed.
But if it got her to answer his questions then he'll humor her.

"First bring me the necklace I was wearing when you arrested me. You don't have to give it to me, just keep it on you."

"Alright..."
He said septically.

"And second. Next time you come in here I want you to bring someone with you. I don't know who they are but I'm supposed to find them, that's why I let you arrest me."

He chuckled.
"You let me-"

She yanked one of her cuff chains and it snapped easily. She continued eating like she didn't break a impossibly strong metal made to contain the most powerful criminals.

"Who do you want me to find?"
He asked, ready to start digging for someone.
This might take awhile, what if they're in a different country? What if they're a criminal?

"Yagi Toshinori."