11

Shiggaraki sighed in his new less than comfortable lair.
The stupid old warehouse was nowhere near as fitting as the bar had been. But the stupid heroes had to find it and force them to move locations.
He scratched his neck at the thought.

Other than that small inconvenience the league was at an all time high really. They were one point up. The held one little victory against the pros. Finally it was something.
'Poor little Mai Rika...'
Shiggaraki thought without pity as a smug smile replaced his agravated expression.

He glancing over at the cover of a magazine he had ripped out and pinned to the wall.
It had a picture of Mai and a smaller picture of the tunnel she died in, with titles of articles about the league's success.
A small trophy he liked to look upon.

'She Barely even got to live a normal life...
Boo fucking hoo.'
He thought, adjusting his father's position over his face.

He'd discovered something. When it came to UA you couldn't attack them up front. The little brats would overcome the obstacles and everyone would shout praises to their strength.

No you need to Capture them all at once and prevent them from fighting back. Like hijacking their bus while pretending to be someone they trust.
Damn that plan worked perfectly. Everything went exactly according to plan. It was smooth and he operated it from afar, he didn't even get his hands dirty.

Maybe, just maybe... He could do the same thing to all of those pathetic students and their beloved teachers.
Maybe even get all might too, just to sweeten the deal.

He could launch one more attack. Move one more piece and put UA in checkmate.

Clear the board and end the game.

'Yeah... Yeah, That sounds like fun...'

..................

Alma fidgeted with the golden necklace that always hung around her neck. An ornament that she never parted with.
It was a gift from her last angel, A gift that she carried with her everywhere.

Mai was passed out on her bed. Exhausted from training and snoozing soundly. Aphrodite was out on her own business, possibly even scouting for her own angel.

The small tv on the table announced everything that was wrong in the world. Every murder and every crime. The human news network was a truly depressing invention but useful nonetheless.

As an immortal she couldn't go down to earth and fight herself. Her duty was to train Angels to work in her stead.
Going and fighting in wars sacrificed their immortality and made them mortal.

Though recently Alma wasn't exactly opposed to the idea. Living a normal human life where she grew old with her partner and died naturally. But she would also sacrifice her power and would helplessly watch the world burn and fall apart around her.

The process of going from angel to immortal meant dying. Immortals were angels that did their job well and died in the heat of battle.
They were reincarnated as an immortal with the ability to see any place on earth at will when they close their eyes.
And teleport to that place with the snap of her fingers.

She could see him now. He had lost his strength through time but was still trying his best to make the world a better place.
He was older and more fragile but was still himself.

She knew using her power for something like this was an abuse of her abilities but she didn't do it often. Just occasionally to check in on him.

Mai sat up from the bed and the sound made Alma open her eyes, dismissing the vision and turning her attention to the teenager.

.................

Midoriya stood outside the office of the pro hero Nighteye.
'Just make him laugh huh...'
He thought over what the tall blonde told him.
'I want to be a hero... Not a comedian.'
He frowned.

'I can do an okay All might impression... Maybe that would work?'
He contemplated, tapping his chin with his thumb.
'If only I knew this ahead of time! I could have done more research... I could have studied different comedy acts and memes to help find something that could make anyone laugh...'
He thought wishing Mirio had brought this up earlier.
'Well nothing I can do about it now...'

He stepped into the office and saw a tall man with glasses perched on his nose. He had an overall stiff appearance that made Midoriya's anxiety double.
'He definitely means business..'

"Togata I thought we discussed this..."
The man said looking down his nose at Midoriya.

"Yep! You said months ago you were interested in another work study student!!"
Mirio said with a smile.

"If this a a joke then it's a disgrace to the concept of humor itself."
The man replyed not sparing Midoriya another glance.

'I'm starting to get the feeling I'm not wanted here...'
Midoriya thought with a frown as he looked around at the limited edition all might merchandise on the walls around him.

"What? No! You said; 'Maybe this year I'll reconsider my decision on not letting more hero students intern.' those were your exact words!"
Mirio said smiling at the scary pro hero who rubbed his forehead.

"I said that in reference to the girl now I am once again uninterested."
The man replyed and Midoriya tilted his head.
'Damn I feel like a puppy no one wants- hey what girl?'

"What girl?"
Midoriya squeaked out after his train of thought was derailed by their conversation.

"A few months ago I was interested in your classmate Mai Rika. But as you know, now I am unable to invite her to my Agency."
The man said before pointing to the door.

"So I'm sorry for your loss and for wasting your time this morning, I trust you can see yourself out?"
He asked while putting his hand on the boy's shoulder and tipping down his glasses.
Only to see he does not, infact leave.

"I'll leave you guys to the interview then!"
Mirio said catching Nighteye's look and running out the door.

'Yeah, I'm not leaving without an internship.'

A/n:
Yeah writing while at work being paid by the hour is the only way I'll ever be paid for this shit.

Yay me