46

A/n
Lol It's been a hot minute... But anywayyyys

Honestly... Monoma strikes me as the kinda person that would obsess over true crime. Like.... Obsess over it. Memorize different cases and bingeing podcast after podcast.
That and like... Psychology you know?
Hence his interest in Mai.
(Platonic interest of course because this man:

Is gay as fuck-)

Anywayyyys...

...............

"I want to make something clear... And I'm not saying this because I want to offend any of you."
Aizawa continued, even though the students were still grasping the last nugget of information he'd dropped on them.
"And when I say this I'm including the students of my own class, your known rival, class 1-A."
He nodded in their direction.

"Even though I don't have to tell them, they learned this lesson only a few days ago."
He said and they nodded, assuming what he was going to say.
"When it comes to combat Mai is not your equal. You've all worked hard and have made significant improvement in your time here.
But this student is vastly a head of you.

You should see her as an example or as a goal for yourselves like proheroes and your upper classmen."
He stated blandly.

"Aizawa-"
Vlad began to interrupt, but Aizawa stopped him with a hand.

"There is a known and somewhat common phenomenon where a person's quirk evolves rapidly in a time of dire need. When ones life is endanger. Normally this happens with intelligent quirks that seem to have minds of their own, in a metaphorical way.

Mai has one of these quirks, we learned after she suffered an injury from her fight with All Might at the final exam that her quirk prevented drugs that would cause a person to remain unconscious from working properly or for long periods of time."

...........

(Demons chapter 25)

"How is she even awake?!"
Denki asked flabbergasted after seeing Mai awake so soon.

"My guess is that her quirk fights against heavy sleep meditation when it feels like she should be awake, I've come across quirks like that before.
My theory on that is, the quirk is trying to protect her from staying in a vonarable position for Longer than nessisary, this has happened to her before briefly..."
Recovery girl explained
referring to when Mai was shot with a tranquilizer dart and woke up only a few moments later.

Of course her All Might and Aizawa were the only ones who knew what she was referring to.

...........

"My theory is that, while Mai was being forced to fight, her quirk evolved Everytime she was met with an opponent strong enough to defeat her.
Her original records from her quirk exam at age nine, state that it gave her advanced hearing and other senses. But strength and speed were never actually mentioned in the report. But she now shows extreme strength.

It also stated that she had retractable wings that might not ever be strong enough to support her in flight.
But they do.
If she evolved even slightly one every year she was in captivity that would still be more than the known record, which is three.

She'll be one of the biggest challenges you will face in combat during your highschool years."
Aizawa finished, wrapping up this entire lecture.

"Spooky..."
One girl from class 1-B whispered under her breath.

...........

Mai twirled her walking stick, it wasn't made from energy. The school provided it for her.
It had a small wheel at the tip that allowed it to glide over the smooth surface of the school floor, and then the concrete of the outdoor walkways.
She was walking to the training area's and making good pace. Her stick only hitting the floor for a few moments as she played with it.

Swinging it in the air, twirling it in her fingers like the staffs she had previously trained with.
She was in the same training getup she wore last time, her uniform pants and a sport's bra. It allowed for easy, unrestricted movements while fighting. But UA was making a new costume for her to wear professionally.

She also had a white band on her arm with a red cross on it. While she wasn't fighting today she was working as a solo medic for her fellow students.

She walked through a small tunnel, and at the end she could hear voices chattering about different subjects.
'Am I late?'
She clicked a button on her watch, it read the time into her earbud.
No, she was perfectly punctual. Meaning she wasn't meant to get her at the same time as the other kids.

'Ah, I forgot everyone thinks I'm dead. This'll be tiring.'