47

A/n
Lol hey guys, it's been a hot minute.
And by "hot minute" I mean literally about two weeks lol.

But that's my bad ig.

"Yeah? Well if that's the case why didn't you ever talk to her huh?"
Denki asked Monoma as the guy once again mentioned Mai.

"Why not? Because your miscreant friend over there growled and barked at everyone who got within five feet of her."
He answered with a smirk and a glance in Bakugou's direction.
Bakugou who was in his usual mood: angry
So Monoma's comments were pissing him off even more. He already didn't like the guy, and the fact that he was now talking about Mai like she was a science project rather than a person Bakugou wanted to beat the shit outta the guy.

"Oi! What The hell did you call me you little-"
Bakugou stomped over to the group, pulling his hand back and lighting an explosion like he was about to actually fight him.
But something stopped him, a walking stick hit him across the chest. He looked over to see Mai had entered through the walkway, her arm outstretched so that her new walking stick blocked his way.

"Be nice Bakugou."
Mai warned her friend with a smile. Her entrance didn't go unnoticed, the students
of 1-B didn't really know the extent of Mai's hearing, and dispite the lecture given by Aizawa not too long ago they were already starting to underestimate her.

"Wow she really is blind?!"

"I know they said she was tough but she looks just like a normal teenager."

"That's a cool scar."

"Spooky."

"I could take her."

"Hey it's you!"
Monoma said walking over.

"Theater kid?"
Mai asked, tilting her head when she immediately recognized his voice.

"What?"
He asked deflating. He of course now knew that she was the same blind girl he'd interacted with before, but he didn't realize the impression he gave her earlier.

"You were they guy asking us what we thought of the play thing right? The guy Eri cursed at?"
Mai asked even though she knew the answer already.

"Eri cursed at someone?!"
Denki asked following close behind the 'theater kid' and popping up by the group.
"Also what's with the new arm band thing?"
He asked tapping Mai's arm.

"Yes she did and recovery girl is taking a temporary vacation today, so I'll be healing people as part of my training today."
Mai answered, propping her elbow on Bakugou's shoulder.

"Well my name is Netio Monoma, not theater kid."
Monoma said, demanding attention.

"Nice to meet you."
Mai stated blandly, assuming he already knew who she was.
She briefly listened to the students some more, apparently Aizawa totally hyped her up earlier and not many of the students liked being told someone was better than them.

"I thought you hated class one A!! How come Mai's different huh?!"
Sero said to Monoma.

A class rivalry wasn't surprising to Mai in the slightest, especially with the type of school UA was.

"Because she's not in class 1-A. Obviously, EVEN AND IDIOT COULD FIGURE THAT OUT!!"
Monoma laughed, his words sped up as he started insulting Sero. Just like when Mai said Bakugou taught Eri to curse.

"Well she was!"
Denki defended Sero with a glare.

"WELL THAT DOESN'T-"
Monoma was cut off by Kendo hitting him over the head.

"Sorry about him."
She apologized, grabbing him by his collar.
"Welcome back Mai!"
She said before dragging him away.

"Hey Mai! Come on we're about to start!"
Kirishima ran up to the group.
Mai nodded and pulled away from Bakugou, who had been acting as his temporary armrest.

................

The game was explained and Shinsou raised his hand.
"The amount of students is uneven though, what about Rika?"
He asked, the boy was right. The group had fourty one be students counting Mai.

"Since Mai isn't a part of either class she'll have two groups, she'll play once for 1-A and again for 1-B."
Aizawa explained.
(Like Shinsou in the actual episodes lol, since he took her spot in the hero course lol)

"So she'll also be fighting against a few of us?"
Kirishima asked.

"Yes, the teams will be randomly Generated like most of our training exercises."
Aizawa answered.

Mai yawned.
Of course she had double the training, and all of the healing. Why not? It's not like she's only sixteen.
(Or at least probably sixteen, no one knows her exact birthdate so there's a slight possibility that she's older or younger than that.)

"Mai! You'll be on 1-A's team 1, with Kirishima, Asui, and Kaminari."
Vlad said after they began drawing the names.

"Oh thank fucking god."
Kaminari said hugging Mai.
"You don't have to beat me up this time."
He whispered and Mai shrugged him off.

"You'll also be on class 1-B's team three. With Pony tsunotori, Honenuki, Kaibara and Tetsutetsu."
Vlad continued.

'in the first one I'm not sure who the strongest opponents would be because I don't know them personally. Fuck. But as for match three I'll be up against people I've faced because.
Todoroki and Iida seem the toughest, especially because I haven't actually faced either in combat.
I Know I can handle Ojiro and Shoji though.'

Mai's mind played an inner monologue of her prepping for the fight from what little information she knows about 1-B.

"Hey can we talk?"
Denki and Tsu walked up to Mai and Kirishima a few minutes before the match began. Kirishima had noticed them talking intently earlier, occasionally looking in their direction.

"Sure, what is it?"
Kirishima asked.

Denki stammered and looked away, both hi. And Tsu seemed somewhat... guilty.
"Mai I... I don't want you to fight with us."