27

After Demons chapter 62

Something was going on and Shinsou was apparently out of the loop.
Class 1-B's bus arrived over forty minutes ago from their license exam and we're rushed inside. But 1-A hasn't showed up yet.
Teachers came to each dorm to take simple blood tests without saying why.

There was a small pain in Shinsou's arm from the needle wound he'd received earlier to confirmed his identity. The puncture wound itself was covered by a blue bandaid.

He sat on the steps by the school parking lot and looked at the door.
UA was in lockdown, the automatic closing door was bolted shut and Shinsou wanted to know why. He needed to know what happened and where the famous hero course class was.

Where his friend was.

Shinsou had never had a friend, he was nervous to even call Mai his friend because he feared she'd reject him and say she was only being nice.
But Mai also didn't seem to be that kind of person.

Nevertheless Shinsou waited.

And waited.

And waited for the last bus to come back.
But it didn't.
The door finally creaked open and instead of a bus ten police cars came rolling in.
It was almost dark at this moment. Orange, pink and dark blue decoratived the sky as a beautiful welcome to the cold night.

But the scene that started to unfold was anything but beautiful.
UA students stepped from the back of the cop cars, the cramped space where criminals were usually held.

They stepped out and looked forward emotionlessly as though under a spell. They stumbled around like a blind person before seemingly snapping out of their daze and walking towards their own dorms.

Shinsou stood up and looked over the group of teenagers, scanning the group for his friend.

His only friend.

..................

During Demons chapter 49

Izuku Midoriya stared at the ceiling. But The dorm he was in wasn't his own.
He was in Uraraka's room.

She was asleep next to him snoozing peacefully. The poor girl had been plagued by nightmares ever since seeing that horrifying video of Mai.
Mai her classmate.

Midoriya didn't know what to think.
His previous promise to said girl echoing in his head.

No. He hadn't forgotten.

It's just gotten significantly harder to keep.
He understood why she did what she did. Mai didn't kill out of malice but out of necessity.
She was put in a situation where it was them or her, and she chose herself.
Which begs the question.

If in a situation like that again.
Would she pick herself or him? Would she kill Midoriya if she had too? Would she choose her life over his?
If his life was threatened and she had to pick who died would it be him? Midoriya liked to think he'd pick the other person and maybe she would as well.

But after years of picking herself would she be able to turn around and sacrifice herself like a hero should?

The boy sat up and ran a hand through his tangled green hair.
Uraraka probably would as well right? She seemed fairly selfless. She was nice and sweet and innocent.
She wanted to be a hero.
She wanted to save people.
And he wanted to protect her. Because she needed it.

He pitied Mai and doubted her sanity.
He saw her as a victim that needed help.

But he didn't see her as a hero.

He opened the door at the exact same time as someone else. His green eyes met Kirishima's red as both of them exited rooms they weren't supposed to be in.

..................

During Demons chapter 33

Uraraka stepped out of Deku's hospital room.
He was asleep and his arms were healing nicely. As much as she loved watching him in such a peaceful state she also really needed a glass of water.

She walked down the halls looking for a venditor machine or water dispenser or even a nurse to help her find what she required but found something completely different.

She saw Mai and Ejiro Kirishima with their faces awfully close together.
She covered her mouth and jumped back out of sight and hid it the hallway peeking.
She felt kinda perverted, watching two people about to kiss, but she knew it wasn't for those reasons.

Because if Mai was with Kirishima. She wouldn't be with Deku.
Which Meant their feud was pointless and Uraraka had nothing to worry about!

But it didn't go in Uraraka and Kirishima's favor. Mai back away and put her hand in Kirishima's head, saying something that Uraraka couldn't quite hear.

Kirishima's face turned bright red and Uraraka felt bitter pity for the boy.
She rejected him, he'd tried to show his feelings for her and she stopped him short.

'Kirishima is nice and her friend so why would she reject him? Could it be because.... No! You can't assume she likes Deku just because she rejected another guy-'

Her incorrect thoughts were interrupted by Kirishima standing up and walking in her direction.
Uraraka jumped up and prepared to act natural. But he didn't even care, just walked right past her muttering to herself.

'Poor guy.'

A/n
Hey I kinda liked this.
I'll probably write a few more after some more normal chapters.

Anyway here are some cringe memes I made!