31

Mai had identified her regular friend group. Probably because they followed her around.
The loud guy who taught Eri to curse "Bakugou" was there but rarely said much, and when he did he screamed it along with various curse words mingled in. All but fuck actually, because he was told specifically not to say it.

"Mina" identified herself as Mai's bestfriend And told her basically everything about everyone.

"Denki Kaminari" who seemed to be somewhat of a class clown and was often referred to as "Pikachu" by Bakugou.

"Sero Hanta" who seemed to be Kaminari's partner in crime.

"Jirou" who already introduced herself was Definitely the calmest one in the group, and spent a lot of time chatting with Eri about Princesses.

"Kirishima" who was a late arrival and remained glued to Mai's side all day.

And a quiet girl named "Ami Ren" who's voice wasn't as familiar to Mai but still slightly was. Like Mai knew her but they didn't talk much. She also didn't feel as strongly connected with her as she did with the other's so she concluded that Ami was a new addition to the Friend group, possibly even the class that Mai had only occasionally interacted with.

The group was acting normal but still including Mai and explained things briefly, they didn't want her to feel like an outcast.
In reality they wanted everything to go back to how it was.

There someone else that stayed pretty close but would never walk all the way up to the group. Just stayed close and hadn't introduced themselves.
Until he finally got up the courage to walk up.
"Hey c-can we talk?"
He asked Mai.

"Sure Deku."
Bakugou said standing up.
Midoriya wanted to talk to Mai, but she couldn't see that he'd been looking at her and not Bakugou. So she assumed that he was addressing Bakugou and not her.

In reality Bakugou was acting like a guard dog for Mai. Doing the same thing he did walking down the halls with her after the video was released. Glaring at Midoriya anytime he got too close. Forcing him to stay farther back until he worked up the nerve to approach.

"A-actually-"
Midoriya protested.

"Come on."
Bakugou drug his childhood rival outside.

"Kacchan I-"
Midoriya stuttered once he was standing on the porch outside the dorms.

"Shut it Deku. After that stunt you pulled months ago what actually makes you think you deserve a chance to talk to her?!"
Bakugou growled.
Whether he was talking about the broken promise or him abandoning her with the Nomus to die, Midoriya wasn't sure.

But asking probably wasn't wise.

"Just give me a second chance to make it up to her-"
He pleaded.

"Second?! You've had way more than two chances! Our second chance was when she came back from the arena and we took it! You're third chance was when her past was revealed and that friendship was challenged.
Your forth chance was when you could have fought with her because you knew what was going on! Or even told one of us what happened so we could!! BUT. YOU. DIDN'T."
Bakugou stepped forward and Midoriya stepped back.
"You're a coward. You may have won All Might's favor... But you won't win Mai's. As long as I'm here, you won't talk to her. Or even fucking look at her. Tell that to pink cheeks too."
Bakugou promised and walked away leaving Midoriya alone.
Crying. He was crying, Bakugou didn't even hit him. But his words hurt worse.
He was right, Midoriya was a coward.

A/n
Pretty short but I'm trying to build up drafts so I can post more often again!
Also look:

A/nPretty short but I'm trying to build up drafts so I can post more often again!Also look:

I don't know... I just thought this fit lol.

(Also my sister said that Bakugou was like Mai's dad when I told her about this scene and I immediately thought of this clip)