21

This was a difficult situation to say the least.
Believe it or not it's never actually happened at UA before. They had protocols set up for everything except this.
What to do if attacked by villains. What to do if threatened to be sued by parents.
What to do if a meteorite is spotted coming straight towards Japan and even how to handle a student being kidnapped.

But a student actually legitimately dying and randomly coming back a few months later?

There's nothing written down for that.
No organized plan for the possibility.
Mai's seat was taken. Mineta's seat was taken.
Even Ami and Shinsou's spots in general studies had been filled in.

Nezu had no idea where to put her at the moment without either adding a seat or expelling someone.
But technically she still was a student, I mean it's not like she was expelled. She just died.
Infact she was let out of the police department because legally she had a provisional hero license and they couldn't hold her against her will for anything else.

After finding out and legally adopting Mai Rika or "Mai Yagi" All Might told Nezu.
Then Nezu told the staff.
And then recovery girl started running tests on her to make sure she was actually human.
Everything came out normal except her blood.

The blood was a match to one person in their database but that test dated back to 2005 and didn't match any modern people.

Alma had a slight slip up several years back and was put in a hospital after being injured while looking for an angel.
Since Mai had her blood now it was a perfect match that recovery girl thankfully ignored.

But fingerprints, skin cells and hair samples matched perfectly with Mai Rika as expected.

So what to do now?

Tell her class.