Chapter 41

Chapter 41

    Annie's life begins with a pair of hands and a word.

    The hand was a man's hand, warm and generous, stroking her hair softly.

    The words are sustenance words, soft but thick, slowly lingering on the side of her ears.

    "In the future," the man whispered to her with an inexplicable trace of loneliness in his affectionate feelings, "I hope you are no longer alone."

    Then, the darkness faded, and the light poured out, and she slowly opened her eyes.

    Annie wakes up from a huge workbench.

    She looked around in confusion, and met a man's face first.

    The man was about forty years old. He was wearing a straight suit and a small round-brimmed straw hat. Although his hair was meticulously combed back, it was faintly dyed white.

    Annie hesitated and said, "...Father?" The

    man's eyes flashed a trace of dread, and he instantly looked at a man opposite the workbench: "Teacher, this is...?"

    The man he called "Teacher" scratched his head. , spat out the screw in his mouth: "Uh, I thought you wanted a daughter." For

    a moment, Annie seemed to see anger in the man's eyes, but it was fleeting, he took a deep breath and took off his round-brimmed straw hat : "No, my daughter only has Ann."

    He turned to Annie, paused, and said, "And she... is not someone's substitute."

    Hearing this, a sarcastic streak passed behind the teacher's glasses, and he hummed. With a sigh, he picked up the wrench on the side: "Whatever you want, I'm done anyway, please pay the balance, Mr. Jones."

    "Hey, dear little girl," he said to Annie again, "come down, I want Tidy up the workbench."

    His tone was impolite, but not malicious to Annie, who nodded and landed lightly.

    She thought about it and walked to the man: "Father?"

    Mr. Jones looked at her with complicated eyes, and after a while, he said, "I'm not your father, you...you want to call me Mr. Headmaster.

    " She opened her eyes wide , "What about me?"

    Her eyes were round, like two clear glass beads, pointing to her nose, and said loudly, "Sir, what is my name?"

    Jones hesitated. , said: "Ann... Annie," he paused abruptly, "You are Annie."

    He took Annie out of the studio.

    Anne found that Mr. Jones was the owner of an amusement park, and most of the employees working here were robots like her. Mr. Jones took her to the amusement park and told her that she would also live here in the future.

    "Okay, sir," Annie nodded obediently, "what is my position?"

    She mistakenly thought that she was also a staff member.

    Jones was stunned for a while, then turned around and said, "Then...what do you want to do?"

    Annie pondered for a moment, pointed to a black box-like room not far away, and said, "I want to work there."

    "Haunted house?" Jones was surprised. "Are you sure, Annie?"

    Annie was sure: "Yes."

    She looked curiously at the children who came out of the haunted house. The famous robot was crying.