Chapter 3

It was late when we got home after dropping Braun home, Jojo and the kids were already in bed so the house was quiet and minimal lights were on. Me and dad say our good nights but I stay down the stairs to make a cup of tea to take up to bed,  after the tea is make I make my way to my bedroom but then the bathroom door opens and Knash walks out. " you okay little man?" I ask he looks at me for a second " I had a bad dream and I can't sleep" he says in a tired voice. " okay come with me" I say holding out my hand Knash is a little hesitant which I totally understand as we haven't spent that much time together. He take my hand and I let him down into the kitchen. I got to the fridge and get the milk out and put it next to the hobbs, I then grab a little pan and pour some milk into the pot. " what are you making?" Knash looks at me confused. "I'm making some warm milk" I answer. A few minutes later  the milk was warm enough to drink with burning him, I find a mug for him and pour the milk into it. " wanna sit here" I say tapping the kitchen counter he nods with a smile on his face, I lift him up and place him on the counter  and stand a little in front of him so he doesnt fall off. We take a few zips from our drink " this is yummy, how did you find this?" Knash asked drinking more of this drink, " my mummy used to make this for me when I had trouble sleeping." I explain to him. "where is your mummy?" he ask, great how I'm I going to explain to a three year old that my mum has died. Thankfully I didn't have to say anything as Knash continued "daddy said that your mummy went with the angels and that's why you have to live with us" I didn't really know what to say, how can he understand that. " your smart for your age, you know that?"I say to him bringing him down from the counter " well I am nearly four" he says sweetly which makes me laugh. I quickly wash our mugs and pot " come on little man gets you to bed it's late, I stretch out my hand Knash takes my hand but has he does a voice comes from the stairs making us both jump " it's okay I'll take him" my dads says " you made me jump" I say "sorry" he laughs " I heard Knash talking so I thought I'd come down to see who he was talking too" he says picking up Knash " oh sorry Knash couldn't  sleep so I made him some warm milk to help him" I explain. " seems to be working" my dad laughs as I look to see Knash half asleep resting his head on our dads shoulder. " I better get him to bed" my dads says "goodnight little man" I say moving some of his long hair out of his face. " night lu" my dad says turning and walking up the stair with Knash. 

 I make my way into my room, get changed and lay on my bed. I get a notification on my phone so check it out, its from instagram telling me a few people have followed me. There's Jojo's name, braun and a few others but there's a name that stands out the most @rhearipley_wwe has started following you. This women don't waste time does she I thought to myself, like how did she find me? my accounts on private and I dont have anyone from the WWE follow me. Then it hit me, Jojo and a few others like Braun followed me earlier. I smile as I hit the follow back button, I continue to scroll through instagram, seeing that Jojo put pictures up of Knash and Hyrie at the park from earlier. My brain goes into overdrive " you should message her" is all my brain is saying to me, I lay my phone down and try to ignore it but it just kept going and going repeating itself. "fuck it" I thought. I pick up my phone and open up instagram, I find her page and press message. "what do I even say" I thought to myself I know.. 

@ lucyRotunda: Are you stalking me Ripley?🤨

I press sent I quickly put my phone back down out of sight so I don't hyperfixate on waiting for her to respond, she's probably asleep or far too busy to answer anyways. Within minutes my phone bleeps, I tried to ignore it as I try to fall asleep but curiosity got the better of me and I check, On my screen in my notifications bar there was a message. 

@ rhearipley_wwe: and if i am?😉 

 I try to ignore it and go to sleep but I couldn't because everything in me was screaming at me to reply, but right now my brain is too tired to think of a reply to that. 

I was then woken up by the sound of my phone ringing, "hello?" I answer sleepy. " Hi, its that Lucy Rotunda?" a men ask " yeah specking" I say wondering who the hell this is " hi lucy, sorry to wake up its Hunter the CCO of WWE I met you with Braun and your father, how are you?"  he says this makes me sit up " its okay you didn't wake me" I lie. Hunter chuckle's knowing I was lying I'm going to get straight to the point Lucy, Braun told me you was looking for work?" he tells me "did he now?" I say with a giggle Hunter also giggles but continues, " he did, I'm calling to offer you something. I can offer you a role in a social media team if you are interested?" Hunter say's. This has totally caught me off guard as this was so unexpected and I think Hunter knows this, " listen you don't have to give me an answer right now, go and have a coffee and a think about it, you have my number know give me a call when your ready." he says " no, I'd love to take the opportunity, sorry it's just so unexpected." I explain, Hunter laughs " I bet, here's what I can do for you, why don't you come down to raw on monday, spend the show with our social media team and get an idea what it entails and then if you like it we can make it a more permanent thing? he says " I'd like that" I tell him "good, if you could text me over your email address as I'll need to send you some forms and stuff to fill out before monday?" he ask " sure I can do that" i say with a smile,"great, I'll see you on monday." Hunter says "bye hunter" I say. I cant believe what just happened. Then an idea hit me, I now know how to response to her message. 

 @ lucyRotunda: are you at raw on monday?. 

While I wait for a reply I shower and get dressed. I make some breakfast and eat at the dining table. My dad, Jojo and the kids have gone to JoJo parents house, I got an invite but I wasn't ready in time as I just woke up and I wanted to complete the tasks Hunter set me. I finish my breakfast, clean up and go and sit in the living room with my laptop to fill out theses forms. Then my phone pings,

@ rhearipley_wwe: whats it to you noisy? 😒 I laugh at her reply, and try to think of a smarter response.

@ lucyrotunda: i have a meeting with hunter i just wanna know if i need to avoid you or not😶‍🌫️😏   

@ rhearipley_wwe: 😂😂😂theres me thinking you was gonna invite me out for a drink after what is the meeting for? 

@ lucyrotunda: well come out for drinks with me and ill tell ya 😏

@ rhearipley_wwe: bribery ... ill see ya monday. 

The weekend went quite fast, on saturday I spent the morning filling out the forms and sending Hunter what he needs before Monday. I spent the afternoon walking around town getting to know the area. Sunday we went to see my nan, I haven't seen her for a few years so my dad had taken me around for dinner. Now it's sunday evening, I have double if not triple checked what I have everything for tomorrow.  I am now laying in bed and all I can think about is how nervous I am to meet Rhea tomorrow this is making me more nervous then starting the new job. I switch and decide to watch lilo and stitch has it always calm me as it brings back memories of me and my mum snuggled together watching it when I was younger. I lay back and watch the film until tiredness took over and I was fully asleep

Authors note: 

sorry this chapter is a bit of a shambles and kinda short and boring. the next chapter will be lucy starting her new job and meeting rhea for the first time. I feel like the next chapter will be long so  didnt want to add it at the end of this chapter making it stupidly long.