Chapter 48

I try and concentrate on my work but what Rhea said as been ringing in my head for hours, I text Paul to ask if I can go home early because I don't feel well and he gives me the okay. As I'm packing up my work stuff my phone rings again and I see that it's Rhea calling and I let it ring out, she rings back a few seconds later, I sigh and answer it. "hello?" I answer, there was a moment of silence and Rhea sniffling down the phone " Rhea, I can't help you if you won't let me" I say " ple--please come back. I-I need you" she cries, I sigh " please Luce, I'm sorry, I really fucking need you" she cries again " you still in the locker room" I say grabbing my bag " ye--yeah, I haven't left" she sniffs " I'll be five" I say and the phone disconnects.  

I walk towards the locker room and still waiting is Dom, " your still here" I chuckle "I can't leave knowing she's not okay" he says sadly. I try and open the door but it's still locked " Rhea it's me, open the door" I say giving the door a little tap. I hear the door unlock and open, I walk in slowly " hey" I say sitting down on the floor next to her. Rhea doesn't say anything, instead she climbs on to my lap and buries her head into my chest and cries. 

We sit like this for what seems like hours  " what happened, baby" I asked " my...my.. nonna... my mum called and told me my nonna has died" she cried and I hold her a tightly as I possibly could. Rhea is such a family person and she loves everyone and being so far away must make it a million times worst. " I'm sorry lucy, I didn't mean what I said, I'm hurting, angry, upset and I wasn't thinking. Lucy I love you." she sobs. I'm hurting from what she had  said but it's hurting more seeing her like this " we will talk about that later alright?, let's just get you home". 

We got home and Rhea curls up in a ball with a blanket around her, I get changed into something more comfortable and sit next to her. Rhea the sits up and stretches her arms out to indicate she wants to cuddle, I move closer and Rhea moves herself so now she is laying between my legs and her head is resting on my stomach. We must of fell asleep because I wake up and the whole house is dark and Rhea is still in the same position lightly snoring. I move Rhea and make us a light snack, I made Rhea veggiemite on toast and I just stuck with butter on mine and I made tea for us too. " Ri, wake up babe you need to eat something." I say softly " not hungry" is all I got out of her " I made your favourite" I say in hope it'll turn her head. She huffs and sits up and takes the small plate " thanks" she says taking a small bite. Rhea only eats half of it but I guess it's better then nothing " have you spoken to your family?" I ask cuddling her and she just shakes her head no. " would you like to?" and she nods her head yes " who would you like to talk to?" I ask handling her phone so she can call someone, she unlocks to and for some reasons hands it back " Calista" she whispers. I find Calista number and press the dial button, within a few rings she answers. " hey Dem's how you doing" she says sadly " hurting" is all Rhea said " oh Demi, I wish you was here" Calista brings to cry a bit " I'm booking plane tickets in the morning" Rhea says, I can tell she's trying to stay for her younger sister. " good, we need you here" Calista  lets out a small chuckle " is that Demi?" I hear Anna in the background " yeah" Anna then takes the phone off Calista " hey baby, how you holding up" she asked sweetly   "to be honest mum, this is the longest I haven't cried and that's because I fell asleep" Rhea lets out a small chuckle " oh baby, is Lucy with you?" she asked " I'm here" I say " hi Lucy how you doing sweetie" I'm okay thanks, I'm sorry for your loss" I say softly " thank you honey, listen I'm going now, it's been a long day" she lets out a small chuckle " night Anna" I say " night Ma" Rhea says " night baby, Lucy take care of my baby" Anna says " I will" I chuckle more at the face Rhea pulled.

I get woken up by my alarm, I turn it off and notice Rhea isn't next to me. I shower and get dressed for work and walk out into the office to pack my work stuff. I walk into the hallway and go a leave but Rhea stops me " hey, you leaving?" she looks confused " yeah" I simply say.Rhea is sitting in the living room on her laptop drinking a coffee" have you got two minutes so we can go through the travel to Australia" she says " I'm not going" I simply say " what why?" she looks sad " I need space" I tell her " because of what I said?" she looks at me confused " because you took the one thing I am insecure about in this relationship and throw it in my face" I tell her. "lu, I don't know what to say or do to so show how sorry I am, I didn't mean it, it was just a heat of the moment thing, I know it's not an excuse, Lucy, I regret saying it.Do you think I would of asked you to buy a house with me, marry me, talk about having a family with you if I meant what I said" she looks at me with sad dark blue eyes " the thing is Ri, I believe a 'heat of the moment' comment is a true thoughts because whoever said it doesn't have time to filter what they are saying" I tell her  "look, go home and spend time with your family they need you and you need them and we will work it out when your back" I continue and turn and leave the house. " fuck!" I hear Rhea shout and the sound of something smashing.   

Work was long a boring and I hid in my office all day because I didn't really want to see or talk to anyone, I just did what I had to do and leave. 

I get home to an empty house, well apart from Barry laying on the sofa wagging his tail at me. Rhea has obviously made her way to Australia. I make some dinner, eat it, tidy up and chill for a bit. Although I can't truly setting because the conversation me and Rhea had earlier and what Rhea said yesterday keeps going around in my mind, I get frustrated and decide to go to the gym. I walk through and start my work out, I move on the treadmill " hey uce" I hear, I look up to see Romen next to me. I take out a airpod " hey Romen" I smile at him " please outside of the WWE I'm just Joe, call me Joe" he smiles " okay, Joe" I chuckle and he chuckles  too. Me and Joe spend the next hour working out together, he gives me tips on lifting weights and he helps me and I give him tips on the more flexible stuff like stretching and help him with some app work. We take a break " where's Demi" Joe asked taking a sip of water "  she's with her family" I say also taking a sip of water, " you didn't go with her?" he narrows his brows in confusion " nah, I needed some time by myself" I explain   " oh, is everything alright?" he looks at me with concern. I explain what went on and Joe just say there listening, nodding every now and then to show he understands what I am saying. I end it with " I feel like a bad fiancée because the only time she has needed me, I back away when she has always been there for me". A tear slides down my cheek and Joe wraps an arm around me " sorry" I chuckle " it's okay uce, I think you both just need to talk it out, sounds like emotions were high and you both did something you regret" he says " no relationship is perfect, I mean and my wife use to argue all the time and even considered getting divorced" he explained " really?" I look up at him " yeah I mean having five children and being on the road is tough but even tougher on my wife, she felt alone and felt as if she was the one bring up our children by herself" he says  " how did you fix it?" I question " I took time off and listened to what she had to say and ever since I have done all that she has asked" he explains and I nod " thanks Joe" I hug him and he returns my hug " no problem uce, I don't know about you but I'm tired and hungry. Wanna grab a bite?" " sure" I smile. 

After a quick shower me and Joe find a small cafe and get something to eat and we talk about random shit, he tells me some stories about him and the twins Jimmy and Jey growing up together and I tell him about my family and growing up and then we call it a night. 

I get home, I let Barry run about in the garden for a bit then climb into bed.