Chapter 60

I'm the the bedroom going through the hospital bag just making sure everything I need is in there, I can go into labour any minute now, so I'm stressing a bit " you going  through that again" Rhea laughs walking into the bedroom " just making sure I have everything" I chuckle. " dinner is ready" she says  and walks back out of the room, I try to get up but I'm struggling to get off the floor " Rhea" I yell and she basically runs back to the bedroom " what's up" she says worry in her eyes " I can't get up" I laugh. and she sighs in relief " fuck sake don't scare me like that" she laughs and helps me up " thanks" I chuckle and waddle to the kitchen.  

We eat dinner, tidy up and decide to chill on the sofa and watch joker, I'm sitting between Rhea's legs wit my head resting on her chest and she has her arms wrap round me with her hands resting on the top if my bump and then I have Barry on my legs with his head resting on my bump. Since being pregnant Barry has been very protective over me and follows me everywhere which I find adorable. The film is about to end and I feel this sharp pain going through my body " oh fuck" I say hunching over  " babe, you okay?" Rhea says worried  go and speak and the shooting pain happens again and this time I feel fluid run down my legs as if I wet myself. " my waters broke" I tell Rhea " oh shit" she says jumping up " okay, don't move, I'll call the midwife and Doctor Conway and grab everything" she says running to the bedroom. The wetness of my shorts and the sofa are making me uncomfortable, so I get up of the  sofa and waddle to the bedroom where Rhea is on the phone talking with my hospital in hand, I go into the draw to find some other shorts, there's no point getting underwear, they'll get taken off as soon as I get to the hospital. I pull down my shorts and underwear and there's this mucus looking thing in my underwear, I take them off and try and put the clean shorts on but I struggle " what are you doing women" Rhea says " I'm trying to put on clean shorts" I chuckle, Rhea just huffs and help me put on the clean shorts. Another shooting tightening pain rips through my body " oh my fuck" I yell and Rhea just holds me so I don't fall over " it's okay baby" she says kissing my forehead and stroking my hair until the pains goes. " what did Doctor Conway say" I ask breathly " it was his assistant, his in a meeting apparently" Rhea explained. I bend down and pick up my dirty short and underwear and put them in the washing basket, I then get a towel from the cupboard and walk into the living room  " what you doing now" Rhea laughing following me " cleaning" I say. Rhea places the hospital bag by the door and watches me helplessly as I clean the fluid off the floor and sofa.  

Rhea phones then rings and she answers it quickly, a she does so another contraction begins and I double over and lean on the sofa, Rhea stands behind me and rubs my back which helps because my back is in agony. I hear Rhea talk and explain things so I know she's on the phone to doctor Conway, A few moments later Rhea stops talking and puts her phone in her pocket. " he wants us to go in" she explains. I nod and grab the last bits I need like my phone, card holder and keys and we leave to go to the hospital. 

During the drive I had another two contractions making Rhea pull over, we finally reach the hospital and get escorted to our private room. The doctors do all their necessary checks, the midwife lays me down and checks if everything is okay with my vagina. " okay, Lucy it seems you're only 3cm dilated and your contractions are very 7 to 10 minutes" she says " are you kidding me" I shout as another contraction rips through my body and my midwife looks at me apologetic. " sorry" I say a little embarrassed and she just waves it off. " is there anything that could move the labour along?" Rhea asked " well we can use medications but thats for more worst case scenarios, until then the only thing I can suggest is moving around, walking, dancing that kinda thing" the midwife explains. The midwife leave to do some other stuff and I take this opportunity to move about, I pick up my phone and start playing Black Eye Peas through my phone and start dancing and Rhea just laughs at me. Rhea the pulls her phone out and starts recording me. " wait until I show them this when their old enough" she laughs putting her phone away " they can see how badass their mum is" I laugh.

The dancing seemed to have done the trick as an hour later the contraction became more stronger and regular and I am now 10cm dilated. I am now laying  on the bed with my legs open and my womanhood on show  to every doctor in the room. " right, Lucy on the contraction you need to push with everything you got" the midwife just and seconds later I feel one and I push " fuuuuccck" I yell " well done, Lucy keep going" the midwife says. I feel another coming and I push has hard I can and it feel like my inside are ripping out of me. " one more push, I can see a head" she informs me. I feel another contraction building and I push with everything I have squeezing Rhea's hand in the meantime " you're doing amazingly baby, keep going" Rhea says stroking my hair and kissing my sweaty forehead. " one more, Lucy" the midwife says " you said that last time" I huff but grunt as another contraction hits me and I push even harder and it feel as if a bubble has popped between my legs and it feels like my whole insides have left me as my stomach feels empty. " the babys out" Rhea smiles at me. I couldn't hear anything, call I could hear was the doctors mumbling and surrounding my child. " why isn't my baby crying" I ask and I get no answers which makes me panic even more. " Rhea, why isn't the baby crying" I look at Rhea and I can see worry and concern in her eyes as we watches the doctors.  I sit up so I can get a better view and then I hear a small cry and I lay back down and sigh in relief and I hear Rhea do the same. Moments later the midwife walks my way with a small baby in her arms. " meet your daughter" she smiles and hands me our baby girl. " she's beautiful" I look up with tears in my eyes, " is she" Rhea smiles wiping away her own tears. " have you got a name for her?" the midwife asked " Copeland" me and Rhea say in unison. 

It's been a week since Copeland's birth and I come home from shopping to find the house quite,I walk into the living room to find it's empty, I go into the kitchen and put the food on the side and walk into Copeland's room to fin that is empty too. I don't remember Rhea saying she needs to out, I walk into mine and Rhea's bedroom to find Rhea asleep with an protective arm around Daisy who is also asleep. Barry also join in and is at the bottom of Copeland's feet being a big protective brother. 

I lean on the doorframe and smile at the sight, my heart explodes because when I lose my mother and move here all those years ago, I truly thought I would never find love and happiness, until a 5ft 9inch Australian women introduced herself to me. And now? I am married to to that women and we have a beautiful healthy daughter and I couldn't be more in love nor happier with the way my life has turn out.

Our journey was very chaotic, but that's what pulled us together and we learnt to love each other more due to those moments. 

THE END!!