Chapter 13

WELCOME TO WRESTLEMANIA!!

Michael Cole: Welcome to WrestleMania ladies and gentlemen, we are back with night two, what a first night we had, truly unforgettable with Ronda Rousey retaining her Smackdown woman's championship and the return of the American nightmare Cody Rhodes. Tonight, we kick off the night with a match for the Raw women's championship. What a way to start Corey.
Corey graves: Cole, I'm excited for this one, especially knowing that the queen purposely injured the champions Rhea Ripley's knee to gain an advantage tonight. We know what the queen's game plan is going to be now, it's just a matter of how Rhea is prepared for the queen.  

The two women make their way to the ring Charlotte does the most with pyro and has a massive firework display which was cool to watch and Ash Costello and New Year's Day perform my brutality for Rhea. Although it's clear that Rhea is not 100% with her knee in a brace and her limping. Their face to face in the ring and Charlotte is just laughing and mocking Rhea about her knee and Rhea is just staring at Charlotte holding the title above her head.

The match starts and Charlotte goes straight for Rhea's knee, Rhea does well to protect her knee but it just got too much and Charlotte drove her shoulder into Rhea's knee as Rhea was using the ropes to stand. Charlotte has been in control through the whole match targeting Rhea's knee with Rhea getting little or no offense. As a wrestling fan, the match is quite entertaining but as Rhea's girlfriend it's hard to watch her roll about and screaming in agony, everything in me just wants to help her. Rhea finally gets some offence in and now the match is going back and forth, Charlotte hits a moonsault from the top rope to the outside onto Rhea. The two ladies are laying on the ground recovering and the fans are loving it and chanting " this is awesome". They both crawl into the ring, Rhea goes for the riptide but her knee gives out and she drops Charlotte, Charlotte then dives for Rhea's leg and goes for the figure eight but as she turns Rhea kicks her and sends Charlotte flying, Rhea pulls herself up by the ropes and Charlotte drives her shoulder into the bad knee again. Rhea drops to the mat in pain and Charlotte quickly applies the figure eight again and this time it's locked in. Rhea is hanging on as much as she could, stretching for the ropes but she's just out of reach. Rhea has been in the figure eight for around five minutes now and this just isn't good for her knee, eventually Charlotte bridges and immediately Rhea has to tap out. 

Here is your winner and NEWWWW raw woman's champion Charlotte Flair 

Charlotte celebrates her win and the camera pans to Rhea and she's got her head in her hands clearly upset and you can tell she has tears and my heart drops. The officials help Rhea backstage and go straight into the medical room. I'm sitting near by waiting, I'm scrolling through social media then I hear my name being called and I look up and there's a man there in front of me  "hi" I look up at him he sits down next to me " sorry to disturb Lucy but Rhea is really upset and isn't talking to anyone, I got told by Alexa to find you. Hopefully you can get her feeling a bit better?" he explains  " I'll try, have they assessed her knee?" I ask as we walk to the door, He gives me a sad look " yeah, it isn't good". 

I take a deep breath and knock on the door and open it slowly, It's just Rhea sitting up on the medic bed on her phone. " hey gorgeous girl" I smile at her, she looks up at me and gives me a sad smile. I sit down on the chair next to the bed " I'm proud of you, that match was insane" I say to her "thanks" is all see said, she hasn't really looked at me either. "so, what's happening with the knee?" I ask " it's bad luce" she says and her voice brakes and her head hands. I take her hand in mine and give it a light squeeze. " how bad babe?" I soften my voice " I have torn ligaments in my knee and it's gonna be months before I can even do light training" she being's to cry. I stand up and sit next to her on the bed, she moves a bit to give me more space, I pull her in for a hug and she just rest her head on my chest and sobs. I let her cry until she's finished rubbing her back for comfort. Rhea finally stops crying and we just stay in silence until she's ready to talk. " thank you luce" I hear her whisper " for what?" I ask a bit confused, she lifts her head up so I can finally look in her red puffy eyes " for being there for me, being my rock. I know I'm being stupid right now, I just guess that all the emotions for it being WrestleMania, working none stop, losing and being injured. You being here just makes things a little easier, allowing me to do this without any judgement" she chuckles at the last bit. " Ri, I am with you through the good and the bad times okay? I'm here for you when your in one of your goofy moods and to be silly, I'm here for you when we prank Bliss" I chuckle and she chuckles too " but most importantly, Ri I am here for you when you feel like shit and you don't want to do anything apart from cuddle and watch shit tv, I'm here for you when and if you upset about it and want to cry,I'm here for it all Rhea. " I look at her and her blue eye are tearing up again. " I love you so fucking much tuna" she kisses me " I love you too" I smile into the kiss. We break apart for air "come on let's go home" I say and Rhea just nods and I help her to the car and I drive home. We get changed into some more comfy clothes and lay on the sofa and watch the rest of WrestleMania but Rhea doesn't make the end the painkillers must've knocked her out, I grab us a blanket, cover us and drift of to sleep cuddled up to Rhea with Barry at the bottom at my feet.