Chapter 19

This is not a nice way to start a chapter so I'm going to put a trigger warning here just incase.

My mum is standing behind me brushing my hair as I stand facing the mirror in front of us, I must be about 8 at this time. I'm standing in my mum's room in my school uniform getting ready to go to school. The sun is shining throw the bedroom window, making me feel happier. " you're so beautiful" my mum says kissing my cheek making me giggle. " let's get you some breakfast, I bet that tummy is hungry" she says tickling my stomach making me laugh. She finishes plaiting my hair when we hear the front door slam and we both jump back, I hid behind my mum looking at her terrified  " it's okay baby, his not gonna hurt you I won't let it" she says " Jenny, where the fuck are you!" a man shouts slurring his words  from down the stairs. The sun as now gone and the weather has turned into a horrible winter's day making the room darker." I'm up in our room " my mum shouts back , then the sound of feet thumping up the stair indicated that he was making his way to us. " quickly, hit in her" my mum says pushing me into her wardrobe. My mum didn't shut the doors fully si I watched through the little gap and seconds later a tall scruffy looking man walks into the bedroom, " Hello baby" his voice is husky and slurred " hi" my mum simply says looking at the man in front of her barley being able to stand " get's go to bed" he says walking towards my mum trying to kiss her, my mum moves back and pushes him off " I don't want to, not right now" she says giving him a stern stare " come on baby" he says trying again " James I said no" she raises her voice a bit. " who the fuck are you shouting at" she shouts and slaps her in the face with the back of his hand. I jump out  " mummy" I cry. I run towards her as she lays on the ground holding her face and lean over her to protect her from more hits "where the fuck did you come from" he looks down at me " leave my mummy alone" I shout at him " who are to talking to you little bitch" he says grabbing my arm and lifting me off my mum " don't touch her" my mum says trying to grab me out of his hands " fuck off bitch" he says punching my mum and then kicking her in her stomach. I run and push him " stop hitting my mum" I shout, he turns and looks at me with his dull emotionless brown eyes " you annoying little rat" he harshly says lifting his hand to hit me.

I sit up sharply struggling to breath, ,My top is soaking wet because of the cold sweat, " oh my god luce, are you okay?" Rhea says pulling me into a hug and I start to calm down and catching my breath. We stay in this calming hug for a couple of minutes be I move back to remove my top as the wetness is annoying me and making me cold. " are you okay?" she ask with concern written all over her face. " I'm going to shower" I say getting out of bed and collected new bed clothes and walking into the bathroom. After a quick shower I feel fresher, I come out of the ensuite bathroom and to my suprise, Rhea is still awake. " your still awake?" I say getting into bed, " I wanted to make sure your okay?" she says scanning my face for any type of emotions " I'm fine, just a bad dream" I smile at her. " it was about your mum, I heard you say mummy a few times?" she says sadly and I just nod yes " want to talk about it?" she ask " not really" I give a small chuckle. Rhea nods and lays down on her back without thinking I lay my head on her chest and she starts playing with my hair " tell me about your mum" she breaks the silence "what do you want to know?" I ask her " just her as a mum, I mean if you want too. It's just you don't talk about her" she explains " well, she was an amazing mum. She did everything she could for me, like if I was unwell or sad she would build a fort in the living room and we will spend the day watching Disney movies. We would go on shopping dates and little trips and make memories. There was a time on valentines day that my girlfriend at the time let me down and we argued and we broke up, so to cheer me up she made a candle lit dinner and got roses and even a small present to surprise me with when I arrived home from a shambles of a date." I smile at the memory. " we was happy, she was happy" I say " she sounds amazing" Rhea says softly  " she was" I simply say " how long have the nightmares been happening?" she asked still playing with my hair, " they started when my mum passed but they got better, practically stopped when I started living here and sleeping with you but they got worse again when I started living with Alexa." I simply say. We fall into a comfortable silence and Rhea didn't take long to fall back to sleep.

Work sucked ass and I'm so tired, I didn't fall asleep after my nightmare so I have been awake from many hours. I didn't move from Rhea hug until I had to get ready for work as it was the only thing giving me comfort. I'm almost finished when I get a message from Rhea.

Rhea🖤: hey babe get dressed in something nice and then come to mine?xx

Me:  should i be worried?xx

Rhea🖤: na youll enjoy it xx

I don't argue, I finish up my works and then drive home and shower, get changed into my grey and black checkered pants, a black button down shirt with the first few buttons undone and a pair of black loafers. I put light makeup on just to hide my tiredness and put my hair in a neat low bun. 

I take a few mirror selfies and once I'm happy with one I post it on instagram captioning it she told me to dress in something nice so i dressed up as your dad 😎

rhearipley_wwe, alexa_bliss_wwe,braywyatt and 4,867 others liked your photo

comments

@ rhearipley_wwe:  your so gae😂   @lucyrotunda:@rhearipley only for you babes 😉

@ alexa_bliss_wwe: Daddy!    @ lucyrotunda: @alexa_bliss_ wwe mummy! 

@ braywyatt: my beautiful firefly 🥰   @lucyrotunda: @braywyatt YOWIE WOWIE 🤡

@ itsjojo: @lucyrotunda youre stunning baby girl xx     @ lucyrotunda: @ itsjojo youre beautiful 

@ adamscheer99 @ lucyrotuna please dont dress up like your dad😂🥴  @ lucyrotunda: @ adamscheer99 i got my fashion from you big man!  

I get into my car and drive to Rhea's house and I park in the driveway once I'm there, rhea told me to let her know when I'm outside so I messaged her to tell her. Rhea tells me the door is open and to come in. I do as I'm told, I let myself in and close the door behind. The house as all the lights turned off and there are fairy lights and candles lighting up the hallway and rose petals laid on the floor as a route to follow. " Rhea?" I call out as I follow the rose petals to the kitchen area. I get no response. I make my way into the kitchen and the table is laid out with two wine glasses, two candles which are currently burning, cutlery and plates and something smells devine. Rhea she standing by the table in a black dress that comes up to her tights and as no shoulder straps, fishnet tights and doc martins and black lipstick with smokey eye makeup. My jaw drops when I see her and she just smiles at me, I walk towards her " hey" she says pulling me towards her and kisses me "hey" I smile up at her " what's all this?" I say looking around the room. " well, I thought you might need cheering up after last night" she smiles at me "just being with you cheers me up" I give her my biggest smile which make her  laugh " dinner is ready take a seat" she says all excitedly. I sit down as Rhea walks off to the kitchen, a few moments later she returns with a pot. "so, I made a traditional Aussie meal, its a slow cooked beef stew in a fruity Chutney" she says dishing up the food and it looks as good as it smells. " wine my lady?" she says holding a bottle of wine, " please " I giggle and she fills my glass up half way.   We sit and eat and talk about random shit as me and Rhea do. We finish eating and tidy up . I yawn " you ready for bed?" she asked " uh-huh" I say " thats cool, you know where everything just help yourself" she says smiling at me. I go off into Rhea's bedroom, I find a pair of Rhea's training short and just a plan top to wear, I go into the bathroom to wash the makeup off and see that Rhea has brough me a toothbrush which was a relief. I brush my teeth and clam into bed, not long after Rhea follows me. " you blew out all the candles right?" I question " oh shit" she says pretending to clam out of bed " for fuck sake Rhea" I laugh which makes her laugh " yes, I blew out the candles" she rolls her eyes. We cuddle, Rhea's head is on my chest with her arm stretched out over me and I'm rubbing her back. " thank you for tonight, it really made my day." I say Rhea sits up and smiles at me " you're welcome, seeing your face as you walked in was worth it" she says planting a kiss on my forehead " who knew Ripley was a romantic" I laugh " only because I love you " she says. Rhea's eyes go wide as if she wasn't meant to say it, probably because it's the first time either one of us has said it since everything happened. 

I love you too" I laugh and plant a kiss on her lips and I feel her smile into my kiss.