♦3♦

-Sit there and don't even move. -They commanded me pointing at a white stained sofa. The room was extensive and messy, but it still looked quite cosy and warm. Confetti and glitter was reflecting light shining from a yellowish lamp from across the room. I sat where they ordered me to and watched them rummaging the shelves looking for something. I was still shaking from the anxiety I was feeling, absolutely frightened. Partygoers are just as terrifying as during The Fun War. First they attacked and started chasing after me, then they bit me and tried to pull off my mask, just to act like nothing happened at the end. I didn't know what I should expect next. "Why did they bring me here? Are they going to kill me now or later?" I thought. My ponderings were soon interrupted when they finally found what they were looking for and started getting closer. As fast as I stopped hearing their silky and airy steps I closed my eyes. I didn't want to know what they were holding. If this was the end then I preferred not to see it.

I felt someone gently grabbing my arm and lifting my hoodie to reveal the first wound that I got. It still hurt, but the adrenaline and anxiety silenced the pain. I immediately tried to back my hand away from them. I was too scared to see what they were doing, because I thought they were going to hurt me.

-Don't be afraid, it's fine. Open your eyes. - They reassured me and grabbed my hand again. I looked at them. They were holding some bandages and a wound sanitizer trying to take care of my injuries. - I wasn't lying when I said I'll deal with your wounds. - They explained while bandaging my left arm. I felt relieved, I thought they were about to terminate my existence. Their unpredictable behaviour made me feel like I could die any second. As they started disinfecting my right arm I asked.

-How did you know I wasn't human...? - My voice was shaky and silent so I thought they didn't hear me at first.

-At first I thought you were. - They replied, trying to concentrate on tying the bandages.-But when I bit you I realised: "Hey, a human doesn't taste like that!". I started analysing you and came to the conclusion that a human wouldn't eat our cake either... Or they would, but they wouldn't like it. - A Partygoer continued . -What are you even doing here? Everyone thinks you guys are dead. Dead as hell. - I took a while to respond as it was way too hard to just explain.

-It's... complicated. - I mumbled quietly.

-I like long stories.

So I told them the story of what happened to us after The Fun War. Even though partygoers were the one who caused it, they still listened to me carefully. I explained to them how we managed to stay alive and where we live now. I skipped a lot of sensitive details about The Promised Land, but in exchange I said everything I remembered about my short adventure in The Funrooms. I didn't want to overshare as I still didn't feel safe enough.They were still a Partygoer after all.

I finished my tale at the same time they were done with bandaging my wounds.

-Thanks... - I expressed my appreciation. Even if they were the one who bit me I still felt the need to say it. It would feel wrong not to say something as simple as "thanks". I looked at them indicating that it was the end of my story.

-Well, you were kind of lucky you came across me and not some other Partygoer. - They claimed. - Don't get me wrong. I'm not a merciful person, but not everyone would just take a Partypooper home. - They giggled. - Or they would, but for a different purpose=) . - I absolutely hated when they were changing their tone like this. Whenever I felt like I could feel secure around them, they would just do this. - You never know who to trust.- They added as if what they said wasn't enough. But this is just how things look here. All entities have their creepy side, I am not innocent either. It's just difficult for us: Partypoopers, to look at Partygoers the same as before. After all; they made us nearly extinct, it's nothing weird for us to be afraid of them now.

-What's your name?... - I quietly asked them, trying to break the awkward silence after what they said a minute ago. If I was going to be captured by some random Partygoer in their own house I'd like to know who they are at least.

-Partygoer #67! - They giggled once more. -You know, it's funny because Partygoers are entities at a number 67 in the human archive which means that I'm a double 67. - They looked at me happily cheering, waiting for my reaction. - You didn't understand anything, did you?... - Their excitement subsided. -You know what? Nevermind. Just remember that my number is 67. What's yours? - While waiting for my response they got up from the sofa and opened their fridge.

-After The Fun War our memories were kind of... wiped away so I don't remember anymore... - I tried to explain - I believe it starts with a 7 or something like that tho. - While they opened the fridge I looked at the contents of it. Cake, almond water, some weird red liquid and... ? A fucking corpse. It's not like I was surprised they kept stuff like this in their fridge. I only wondered what they were keeping it for. A trophy? So they could bake some more of their cake? They noticed that I'm visibly staring at it.

-Oh, this? - They pointed with their claws at the corpse. It looked absolutely awful. Skin tearing off the flesh along with some immensely deep wounds on it's arms. - A friend of mine asked me if he could leave it here for a while as their fridges are FULL! - They sighed. - He is our local baker after all so I couldn't refuse. - They folded their arms visibly annoyed because of it. Seeing them getting frustrated or angry made my body fill with anxiety again. Sure, It was nothing serious, but who knows what a Partygoer in a bad mood can do? Well, actually we know what they are capable of in that state.

-Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. - I apologised trying not to make eye contact with them.

-It's nothing. - They shut the fridge door so hard it made a sound loud enough to scare me. I jumped in fear. Right after they burst out laughing.

-You're so easy to scare! They opened the fridge once more trying to shut it the same way again. It didn't work on me this time.

- Anyways... - A partygoer continued. - Do you want anything to eat or drink? - They opened the fridge AGAIN. -I have... cake,cookies, almond water , and some blood. - They picked up a bottle with the very last drops of some red liquid at the bottom and looked at it from every angle. - Actually. I don't have blood anymore, so it's almond water only. - They handed me a glass bottle with no brand. It was the same water that I saw before at the beginning.

"Almond Water. Original, with vanilla & rose".

-Isn't it the same one you use to lure humans? - I looked at them suspiciously. I opened the bottle and sniffed it. The smell didn't shock me at all. The scent of vanilla and rose, nothing more.

-Yes, that's the only reason I have it here. - They claimed, closing the fridge door. This time normally. -I never saw any entity that would actually drink it. I only know that some humans do, so it should be drinkable? - They went on. I hesitated but I was really thirsty so eventually I took a sip of it. It had a subtle taste of sweet, watery almond butter.

Then I heard a violent knock on the door. I was immediately reminded that Partygoer #67 isn't the only Partygoer residing in the Funrooms.