♦24♦

We adopted the cat.

...

That wasn't something that I would expect to happen, but we did.

We took some leftover flesh from the kitchen and fed it next to the campfire.

-Awwh its so cute!! - 67 beamed with joy. All I could think of while looking at this small creature was that the frontrooms had way more passive entities than we had in the backrooms... obviously.

The only living beings that we should be afraid of were basically only humans.

-We won't be making that cake anymore, but still thanks for lighting up that campfire! At least I am not freezing anymore. -67 said as they turned their gaze at the cat, resting in my arms.-That reminds me of my cats. -They went on. -As I said my memory is poor, but I remember having three of them.

-Awh. That's cool. -I replied while gently petting the kitty. Even if I didn't show it as much as I wished I did, I loved when 67 was telling me about any flashbacks from their past life. Even if it wasn't a lot that they remembered, the smallest details about it were enough for me to be interested.

-You know... The longer I am here, the more memories I am regaining. -They spoke their thoughts, continuing.

-Do you mind sharing them with me? - I asked them, genuinely curious about it.

-I haven't reclaimed much. -They focused their eyes on the flames. -I still don't have any full memories, but I feel as if my past name was on the tip of my tongue. -They kept thoughtfully staring into the fire. -I promise to tell you as soon as I remember what it was. -They assured me.

-Okay— I tried to reply with a more sensible sentence, but we were interrupted by 32, bursting outside.

-You're going or not? - 32 turned to 67.

-Where? - I queried, uncertain what he was talking about.-Where are you going?-I repeated my question, but this time louder.

-Oh, since we kind of wasted  80% of the human meat we had just a few minutes ago... We were going to get some more. -They answered in an awkward tone.

-How many times do I have to repeat that... You were the one who fucked it up!-32 tried defending himself once more, but we decided to ignore him... again.

-It's 3AM! And we just finished scrubbing off all the blood from the stage at the festival! You already want to repeat that? -I was pissed. One thing I knew was that there was no way I was going to clean after 32, for 3 hours straight once again ON THE SAME FUCKING DAY.

-Chill, who said anything about killing anyone? -32 replied in a very passive aggressive tone. I was more than sure that if he didn't let his impulses get control over him these few hours before then he would be harshly screaming at me right now. His reply still left me with a lot of questions though.

-What do you mean by that? -I looked confused at both 32 and 67.

-We're going to the cemetery!!!~ -67 cheered loudly. They probably thought that they found some sort of a glitch in the matrix where they could eat humans without consequences just because they were already dead... Maybe I didn't know a single thing about the frontrooms, but cemeteries were an exception. It's one of the topics that no wanderer ever skipped in their stories.

-What? - I knew they were serious, but I still didn't want to believe in what they just said. I mean... It was entirely understandable looking at their situation, but the thought of them eating some rotting corpses dug out from 2 metres under the ground was a little unsettling.