♦18♦

We all carefully approached the abandoned house. No one hesitated or asked any questions, because of the ongoing thunderstorm. I found it weird that it started raining so suddenly the moment we entered this universe. Just as if we were the reason it happened. When I first looked at the sky, it was clear. The only thing that I could see was the moon shining at us with its glory. Just a few minutes later it started gently raining. I was fine with this, but the gentle rain started fading into a terrifying thunderstorm. However, I didn't speak my thoughts, or take it seriously. After all; it was still my first time in the Frontrooms. I didn't know a single thing about this place so why should I be the one to say what was suspicious and what was not?

The house was tiny. The bedroom was merged with the kitchen, the only other rooms were a bathroom and a destroyed attic. It still looked better than any Funrooms house you could ever imagine, but I've seen better. There were no front doors and half the windows were awfully shattered to pieces. Even though the outside looked ugly, the inside of the house was acceptable. All the furniture was in its place.It was damaged and scratched everywhere, but it didn't look that bad. Actually, that's the kind of furniture that we had in the Funrooms.

I ran inside as if my life depended on it. I didn't want to spend any more seconds in the rain. My hoodie was already soaked with the water and I felt as if I was freezing to death.

Once we were all inside, I felt relieved. I sat on the dusty coach, shaking from the cold. For a while I even forgot that we were in the baker's presence. It felt strange, knowing that he knows, but at the same time he was probably too focused on surviving in the Frontrooms to care about it. I wanted to talk to 67 so bad, but the fact that 32 was here effectively silenced me.

The air from the Frontrooms was fresh. It had something in it that the one from the backrooms didn't. It felt "clear", but heavy at the same time. So far, I had mixed feelings about this place. I felt as if I was free, but at the same time that feeling made me anxious.

-Uhhh... so... -67 tried to break the awkward silence. -What now? -They looked at me, nervously. They obviously didn't want to force me to communicate with anyone, but the situation... well... required that.

-I don't know... I know nothing about the Frontrooms. -I said in a very quiet voice, almost whispering. Even if my tone was lowered to the absolute maximum, 32 still looked in my direction as soon as I spoke. I felt his stare, but I was too scared to look at him back. It was clear that I feared him.

-Still scared? -32 asked a rhetorical question. His voice wasn't reassuring at all, it looked more as if he was making fun of me. I didn't respond, forcing him to continue talking. -We're stuck with each other no matter if you like it or not. - He shagged.-I dislike Partypoopers, but if I really cared about killing you I would do that the moment you helped me drag that corpse to my house. - He explained in a careless tone as if he really didn't give a single fuck about anything that was happening around him. The fact that he knew from the very very beginning was disturbing. I felt as if I was betrayed by someone, but the only person you could blame was me and I. 67 tried their best through this whole time to keep me unrecognised, but it still didn't work. Or at least not entirely. I didn't respond, I stayed silent. He sounded nowhere to trustfull because of his monotonous voice.-Will you at least tell me your name Mr. Silent?-He started pushing.

-I... don't remember anymore. - I replied ashamed of myself. How could someone not remember something as silly as their name? It felt pathetic. I hated not having any name someone could refer to me with.

-Understandable. - They yawned, sitting on a broken chair. -I don't remember my old name either so that's why I am 32 now. - They went on while getting comfortable on a wooden, cracked chair with a dusty pillow. With every second I started to believe more and more that he really didn't care.

-How are we going to obtain anything to eat here? - 67 asked the baker. - If I am correct there are no cannibal cuisines anywhere... - They changed the topic which honestly saved me from a lot of stress. Talking to 32 made me shiver whenever he forced me to actually answer.

-Well, that will be a problem. - He replied. -I am not sure if killing is an option here...

-Then what are we going to do??? -67 questioned, nervously. I was honestly glad that Partypoopers can survive on eating human food, because if not it would be a problem for me as well.

-We have to figure something out. - He shagged. -We can go to a nearby human store and buy some animal meat. It sucks, but it's not like we have any other options. -He explained. -And we should probably go now, because I haven't eaten anything since yesterday.

-All I had today was a can of blood so I agree, let's go. -They looked at me, letting me know that I had to go with them. After all, I had to get something to eat for myself too.

-Fine... - I mumbled.

We waited for the thunderstorm to end and then left our temporary house. Surprisingly, it ended as quickly as it started which was a little concerning.

32 immediately took a piece of yellowish paper from his hat and started sketching a map so we wouldn't get lost. All he had was a pen with red ink, the same one he wrote that note to me before. His drawing looked so messy that I wondered if anyone except for him was able to decode it, but as long as it would help us navigate back to our house, I didn't care.

We left the dark forest and started looking for any signs of human presence. I had no clue what we were even looking for so I just followed them, hoping for the best. It didn't take long until we found a village. A big area, full of human buildings made mostly out of cobblestone, wood or bricks. The puddles on every stone path were reflecting the moonlight in our direction as we stared at it , trying to identify if we found what we were looking for. I was stunned, I never thought that human abilities reached so high. I used to read about the Frontrooms from time to time, but I never believed that I am going to see it live. The lamps were lightening up the streets in a warm, white colour which made the whole place look cosy and pleasant.

-Actually... I think I recognise this place. -67 suddenly said.