♦19♦

We walked around the small village, looking for a store that we could enter and get something to eat. This time we were someone that you could call a wanderer. It felt weird, just as if the roles were swapped. 

-You said you recognise this place...? -I mentioned what 67 said barely a few minutes ago. Not gonna lie, I was curious about their past life. The fact that they once lived as a human fascinated me. Even if they were an entity, they were still somehow connected to both worlds. 

-Yeah, I guess so. -They began explaining. -I don't remember much, because of my memory loss though.-They shagged. 

-Was it nice to live as a human? -I got curious. I hoped that they could at least answer that question. 

-I don't know. -They tried to recall at least some of their memories. -It sucked most of the time, but it was still better than living in the backrooms.-They continued while 32 attentively started looking for a human store.-I once heard someone saying that "You don't appreciate what you have unless you lose it." and I think it fits perfectly into my situation.-67 quoted. Being suddenly noclipped into the Backrooms and turned into a partygoer sounded absolutely miserable and horrible, but they still talked about it as if it was nothing. They probably got used to their fate already, after all it's been a long while since it happened. 

-Do you mind telling me more? -I gave them an even more inquiring stare. -I want to know every detail you possibly remember. -I went on. I probably sounded strange and bizarre, but I don't think I was the only one who would act like that. 

-As I said... I remember mostly nothing. -They kindly reminded me. -But I can promise you that if I regain any more memories, I will share them with you right away. -I felt dumb that they had to repeat that twice. I was probably pushing too much, but I had no negative intentions. I was just genuinely curious and 67 was the only entity that could tell me about their experience in the Frontrooms. Well... besides from the baker, but I didn't feel brave enough to ask him that. 

The village was weirdly quiet. I expected to see and hear humans everywhere I went, but instead it seemed as if no one lived here. Maybe because it was the middle of a rainy, stormy night. Yeah, definitely. 

The paths were covered in big, dark puddles of rainwater. Fortunately, the thunderstorm stopped already, but the cold temperature along with heavy wind stayed. 

Suddenly as we were walking we heard a blasting noise somewhere near us. The sky lightened up and turned into various different colours. At first I thought that it could be possibly a rainbow as that's the only thing I already knew about the Frontrooms, but 67 instantly cheered. 

-FIREWORKS! - I looked at them confused. I heard that word already, but never knew what it meant. 

-Yeah... fireworks. - 32 replied, staring at the sky. The sound was so sudden and loud that I was surprised it didn't scare me. I guess that after the thunderstorm I already expected to hear more blasting sounds. And after all, I spent so much time with 67 that loud noises slowly stopped being so frightening to me. They were literally the loudest creature I ever met. 

-Fireworks...? - I repeated in a questioning tone. I turned my gaze into the sky to get a better look at it.-Frontrooms are... beautiful... - I whispered. I have never seen so many colours at the same time before. So far, the contrasts between these two worlds were huge. Backrooms were depressing, with not much happening... well except for the negative stuff. Meanwhile, the Frontrooms were much more colourful and seemed calm, but maybe I was just being too naive. 

-Fireworks are made by humans, they usually blast them to celebrate something.-32 stated. I would rather prefer 67 explaining that to me, but well... that will do too. 

-That means that there might be an ongoing festival in this village! -67 cheered happily.-I haven't been to a real party in YEARS. -They unawarely raised their voice, because of their excitement. Seeing me cover my ears instantly made them realise how loud they were again.-Oops, sorry.-It was quite ironic that their entity name was partygoer, yet they still complained how they haven't been to a real party in ages. 

Seeing the baker, not bothered by any deafening sounds made me realise how used partygoers were to the loud environment. 

Without any words, 32 headed towards the place where the fireworks were blasted. No one asked any questions. We just followed him, hoping that he knew what he was doing. 67 carelessly kept jumping into every puddle we encountered, splashing the water everywhere. I was already soaked with the water so it didn't really make a difference for me. 

-But wait. - They suddenly stopped. - Aren't we supposed to avoid humans? Why are we going in their direction?? - 67 queried. 

-How else are we supposed to get anything?? This world is literally ruled by humans so GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING ANY OTHER WAY. - 32 growled, annoyed. 

We heard another fireworks that quickly lit up the sky in amazing rainbow colours, we were getting closer and closer to the ongoing festival. Maybe that was the reason we haven't seen a single human at first, they were all either sleeping, locked inside of their houses or at the festival. 

It didn't take us too long until we finally arrived. An extensive area reserved only for the purpose of it becoming a place for organising every celebration you could possibly think of. We could already hear blasting, loud music along with the sound of human talk. The whole scenery was decorated with various autumn decorations including carved pumpkins and other typical Halloween stuff. The leaves on the trees were shining in a beautiful golden colour. Just as if someone put glitter on it.

I had a moment in the past where I was obsessed with learning about human holidays, meaning that for the first time since I got here I actually knew what was happening around me. 

We carefully came closer to it, trying to take a better look. 

-I see something! - 67 pointed with their claws at a small stall with numerous different snacks served. Our plan was to quickly approach it, steal something and then run away as quickly as possible.  

//////

a quick note from me:]

i just wanna inform yall that im slowing down a bit with new chapters. Im not abandoning my fanfic as it still brings me joy to write it and I still pretty much love the backrooms so dwdw

im only going to release new chapter not everyday but instead of that every 4-5 days (or at least thats my plan which may change lol for the better or worse. )

it takes me a long while to write one chapter every single day and i just don't feel like doing it rn as i have other stuff to do as well.
at the same time, i dont want to rush it or force myself to write as it would stop giving me so much fun

so that's why i came to a conclusion that for the sake of this fanfic, ill just slow down a bit

anyways that's all, ily <33