♦22♦

-That was embarrassing. - I mumbled to 67. - What the fuck were you thinking?! - I turned my sight towards 32, furiously . Normally, I am sure I wouldn't speak to him in such a tone as I was still a Partypooper and could be torn into shreds by him whenever he felt like it. He could snap my body in half with his strength or tear my flesh off of my bone just as he did it to that poor woman. However, this time I wasn't in the mood for being quiet and ignoring his questionable actions. The more time I spent in his presence, the more I was sure about my hate towards him. I couldn't care less about his "sad" past, or that he forever lost his past life after being turned into a Partygoer. He was a jerk and didn't even try to control his impulses.

In response he gazed at me, visibly shocked that I dared to talk to him at all. He stayed silent as if he wanted me to continue. But I didn't. We just kept staring at each other.

His claws were covered in blood of the woman he just attacked. Her shattered pieces of flesh and skin laid all over the floor. She passed out, but was still alive - not for long though. Even if no major organs were injured and technically she still could be "saved" by medical professionals, the partygoer's venom would fuck her up anyways. At this point, death would be the only salvation left for her.

I turned my gaze away from his face. I looked around to remind myself of what just happened. I wondered how we managed to successfully turn it into a show. Sure, it was Halloween, but it was so violent that I was shocked no one suspected a thing. He literally tore that woman into shreds, making himself covered in her as dark as ink, red blood.

I gave up on talking to 32. I had no desire in maintaining that brutal conversation with someone who wasn't even willing to speak to me. I calmed myself down and asked 67:

-So... what now? - I poked their arm to get their attention.

-I have no clue. -They replied resignedly, not making any eye contact. -I don't know... -They started repeating over and over.

-Be honest... Do you think they will suspect anything...? - I queried as my mind got flooded with various thoughts. 32 just attacked someone in front of two hundred people. How could they not be sceptical about anything?

-That crowd of people that just left? -67 turned their head in my direction. -Nah, not for sure. - They shagged. -Let's be for real. What human would believe that during A HALLOWEEN COMPETITION, THERE WERE ACTUALLY REAL MONSTERS WHO ACTUALLY KILLED SOMEONE! -They raised their voice unawarely, again. I covered my ears to protect myself from a predictable headache. -Sure, they may be concerned as I am sure no one said anything about heavy violence while inviting them here, but besides that; no one cares! - They finished their sentence, noticing my painful expression.

-Oops. - They gave me an embarrassed look. -I was shouting again, wasn't I?

-And what does it look like... - I responded to their question and sighed. -It's fine, I understand that you can't always control it. -I reassured them. Sure, their voice was absolutely thundering and ear-splitting, but I could handle it. Or at least try to. -And I think you might be right. - I continued the topic. -I keep forgetting that not every human being I see noclipped into the backrooms before.

< ////// >

We decided not to risk anything as we were already in a pretty dicey situation. It took a while to bring 32 back to his senses, but right after we succeeded, we began cleaning all the blood off the floor.

It was awkward as there were still few people left at the festival, giving us a weird stare whenever they were passing by the stage. I couldn't blame them. It's not a common thing to randomly see someone clean a murder scene in public. The fact that it was Halloween really saved us from a lot of trouble as I was not sure if humans would let that slide on Christmas Eve for example... Whenever someone stared at us while we were roughly scrubbing the whole stage we would just look at them and say "Happy Halloween!" in a charming voice. Luckily, it always worked which was a big relief for us.

When we were done with the cleaning I started wondering:

-What are we going to do with the body? -I asked 67. By now, the woman was already dead. Her corpse was cold and her skin got pale from the lack of blood in her organism. As scary as it looked - It was better for her that way. At least she didn't have to deal with turning into a Partygoer which would be way worse than death.

-Eat it. - 67 replied immediately. I expected to hear that from them, but for some reason it still shocked me. It shouldn't, but it still did. I kept forgetting that 67 was a partygoer, because of how different they were from all the ones I heard about before.

-Do you have anything to wrap the body in? -I pointed with my finger at the massacred body of the woman. -I hope you know that we can't just go around dragging it across the street...

-Oh. - They gave me a blank stare. -You're absolutely right... - They looked around themselves to see if there was anything big enough for the corpse.-32? - They tried to ask him for any help, but he kept thoughtfully looking at the wall. -32?! Can you fucking respond for once!? Do you even hear me? - 67 changed their tone again.

-What?! - They finally decided to stop ignoring them as 67's voice already became noisy and annoying.

-You're the one who got us in trouble so you should be the one to at least try to get us out of it!- They started screaming, furiously. -How the fuck are we going to carry that body "home"?! - As a response, 32 threw a few garbage bags onto them.

-You can pack yourself in one of them too, fucker.