♦12♦

I stayed inside of a locker, not willing to get out of it at all. My heart was pounding like crazy and I could still feel blood dripping out of my wound. I tried to calm myself down, by breathing slower and deeper. It did eventually work, but not entirely. My mind was still flooded with nothing more than a pure panic. It felt like everything was shaking inside of my head to the point where any thoughts would fall out. Whenever I tried to rethink what I was doing it wouldn't let me.

After a while I was able to control my breath, but that didn't mean I was feeling any better. I was just getting physically tired.

I looked at my arm. The wound wasn't as extensive as before, but it was surely deeper. I was afraid something happened to my nerves, because I couldn't move my hand. The cut looked nasty as fuck and the blood wouldn't stop running down my arm. A part of my skin was torn apart from the flesh creating a deep, dark hole. This wouldn't happen if I didn't react the way I did, but it was too late and I couldn't even control my actions before.

I got out of the school locker, hoping there won't be anyone who would actually want to hurt me. I didn't have my partygoer's disguise on me and I couldn't even remember where I left it. However, I couldn't just stay inside of it. Sooner or later someone would definitely find me there, because I left little blood drops on my path. I was still shaking, but I stood up and tried to go back and find 67. They must have felt horrible after what happened and it wasn't even their fault. I didn't remember the track I went, I only hoped that the trails of blood I left behind me would help. The more I walked, the weaker and more tired I got. I felt like I was about to pass out, but there was no better option to get out of this situation than that. I was too dazed to process anything that was happening, but I remember hearing the voice of a principal next to me. He most definitely noticed me. I was afraid I was going to get lectures again for "making a mess" or some other stupid shit, but no. The reason he came up to me was because of how miserable I looked and that I didn't have my partygoer's disguise on. This time he knew I was a Partypooper.
I don't remember what happened next, but suddenly I was in the principal's office. He kept asking me questions that I wasn't able to answer. I was numb. He took some bandages and started taking care of my arm while talking to me. Knowing I was safe I started slowly calming down and being more aware of my surroundings. That's when I noticed that it was the same office he yelled at me before.

-Hello, do you hear me? -He proceeded to ask as he noticed I started being more aware of where I was. I nodded my head, I felt like my vocal cords were silenced, because no matter how hard I tried I wasn't psychically able to speak. He kept asking me questions over and over, but I responded only to those that I heard properly. -Are you really a Partypooper? -They already knew, but they needed to confirm. The best I could do was respond with a quiet "Mhm..." He asked me what happened and how I survived the Fun War, but I still couldn't speak properly. I think he understood that I had problems with talking, because he started asking me questions that you can only respond with a simple yes or no. I was honest. I spoke the truth when it came to stuff like "Are there more Partypoopers alive?", but the moment he wanted to know if a partygoer bit me I hesitated. If I said yes it would end terribly for 67, but if I said no he would try to find out himself. I just stayed silent, giving him an obvious answer that I didn't want him to know.

He made me some herb tea and patiently waited for me to get my voice back. It took me some time to do so, but I managed to calm down enough to be able to speak freely.

-Thanks... I feel better now. -I thanked him while drinking the tea that I got. The moment I wanted to start explaining the situation and sharing my story with him, someone violently opened the door. It was 67. It took them a long while to do so, but they found me. The moment they noticed me, their gaze softened. They were glad to finally see me okay. Their expression dramatically changed when they noticed who was standing next to me. I could see their eyes widen.

The principal the moment he noticed their presence, started running in their direction at a full speed.

-Leave them alone! - I yelled from across the room. Luckily, he did as I wished, but his face was full of confusion and mixed feelings. 67 awkwardly came up to me as The Principal cautiously watched them.

-Are you okay? -They asked me with a soft and worried voice.-I am so sorry!-They instantly apologised as they noticed the amount of bandages on my arm.-I swear to gods that I didn't mean to!-Their voice began to tremble more and more.

-It's okay... It was my fault anyway. -I gave them a hug. I was happy to finally see them again, I felt horrible for making them feel like this.-I was the one who pushed you so it's understandable you couldn't control your claws.-I said softly hoping for them to understand. The principal kept looking at us trying to process whatever was happening.

-You... don't hate each other? -He was shocked to see a partygoer and a partypooper in a situation like this.-You are a partygoer, right? -He needed to confirm his eyes were working properly.

-Yeah... My name is 67. -They introduced themselves to The Principal.

-YOU'RE THAT BASTARD WHO INSULTED ME BEFORE? -He went into his ballistic mode.

-Please, stop... - I tried to calm him down. -Please stop shouting sir, my head hurts.-I repeated to make sure he heard me right. He looked upset that I didn't let him scream and threaten to call 67's mother again, but eventually he apologised and stopped. I asked 67 if they had my partygoer's disguise, they nodded their head and handed me it. I instantly put it on to show The Principal that we're the same entities he screamed at before.

-You're... the same entities I caught before? -He queried shocked.

-Well... yes... -I responded looking away, noticing that 67 was still afraid of him.-I thought you cared only about the wanderers?-I said as I took off my costume.

-I do, but after the Fun War I started applying these rules to partygoers as well.-He went on- You know...the war wasn't traumatic only for partypoopers. We are affected by it too. -He explained his behaviour. It wasn't a surprise to hear that other entities were traumatised after the Fun War as well. It was predictable. It was brutal to look at and it took away a lot of lives.

-So you caught us before to get revenge from partygoers? -I wanted to understand.

-More or less. -He shagged. -May I ask you something? -He looked specifically at 67 to finally get them to say something. 67 looked straight at him, terrified.-What brings you here?

-We're looking for a key to level 13... -They cautiously replied making sure to put it in the words in a way that wouldn't make him mad again. 67 took out the letter we found at the baker's house and handed it to him.-It says that it's supposed to be in the Boredom Room, but I couldn't find it anywhere.-They sighed.-I looked everywhere with no effect. Do you... know anything about it?-The principal didn't need any other word from 67 to know what they meant. He opened the top drawer in his desk showing us a little, silver key.

-Is this what you're looking for? -He still didn't trust 67 so instead of handing it to them, he gave it to me. -A few hours ago I saw a partygoer running around with it in their claws. They probably wanted to put it back, but I confiscated it. -He explained. -I don't know what you need it for, but please be careful.