♦28♦

It's been a couple of days since we returned from the graveyard. The days have been getting only colder and colder which obviously sucked as our home couldn't even hold any of the warmth inside. While it wasn't that much of a problem for 32 and 67, I was freezing. I had to light a campfire every few hours or so, or else I would be shaking.

-We need to at least fix these broken windows... - I bawled trying to warm my hands by the fire. -This place sucks.

-We need to get back to the backrooms... somehow. -67 went on, sending 32 a blaming stare. After all, it was his fault that we were trapped here.

-Why am I always the one being accused of something? -He looked at us, holding a bowl with chopped flesh in it. -DON'T ANSWER THAT. -He roared as soon as he noticed I tried to form a reply. At least he was self aware.

-Do you at least remember how to make a portal back to the funrooms? -I tried hiding my anger as much as I could. My voice tone managed to stay neutral, even if inside my intestines were BURNING from rage.

-More or less. -He said while mixing some of the ingredients to bake a cake.-I wasn't the one building it. I was present, but they kept me only as their guinea pig. -His voice became monotonous. -Yeah we will definitely need some of those shattered pieces of the portal.

-AND YOU'RE TELLING US THIS NOW? -67 scolded him, exploding with anger.

-Can you shut the fuck up? -32 was done with them screaming every five minutes. I understood him somewhere. Even if his mean quotes were purely out of his spitefulness and not because it was hurting his ears, sometimes all I wished for is for it to finally be quiet.

-Why didn't you pick up these smashed chunks of that broken glass-looking something? -I asked in a nicer tone, trying to hold this conversation without it bursting into another argument.

-The material is radioactive and it burns to hold it in your hands. I just didn't want to deal with this shit at that moment. -They gave me a solid and understandable explanation. I sighed, struggling to release the stress accumulated inside of me.

-It still should be where we left it. It's okay. -I replied and sighed once again.

Suddenly we heard a shriek coming from the inside of the house.

-Help!!! Please help me!!! Anyone!! -A desperate man's voice was pleading for a rescue.

-Oh god, not again. -32 left the bowl with dough and went in his direction. The man was tied up next to a wall, struggling to break free.

-I still can't believe that you kidnapped that policeman. -I said casually, such a view wasn't a surprise for me anymore.-What do you even need him for? -I asked while Brownie jumped on my lap for some cuddles.

-Isn't it obvious? -67 interrupted. -He probably prefers eating his prey alive or something, I don't know. -They said as the man's eyes widened in panic.

-No. -32 responded, which shocked 67 immediately.

-What. -The confusion was visible in their voice.

-First I wanna ask him some questions, but he still doesn't wanna talk with me and I dunno why. -He sent the man another death stare. -You better start conversing with me or else... -He pointed with his finger at the cake dough in the bowl on the kitchen counter. The kidnapped police officer quickly nodded his head in terror.

-Do you recognise the name "Jenifer Wheeler"? -He kept staring at him, sending him the creepiest stare possible in order to finally get an answer.

-Yes! She was the one who called us to the cemetery, her sister recently went missing after the halloween festival. This is all I know about her! -He spoke with all the informations that he had about her.

-Oh? -67 was quite speechless. The moment I heard her name my eyes widened in fear. By this time, I already built a tolerance for the anxiety that I was constantly feeling, but sometimes it was still too much. I tried not to show it, but inside I felt as if I was about to have a panic attack.

-You are finally starting to get more useful. -32 was finally satisfied.-And do you recognise the name "Nero Evans"?-He asked another question, not letting the man get any rest between each query.

-I do recognise it, but I don't remember too much. It was a teen who suddenly disappeared out of the blue. He was pronounced dead after someone admitted to his murder. -The police officer claimed, trying his best not to end up as a 32's cake.

-What. -32 asked a rhetorical question. -Who the fuck?-He continued trying to get as much information as he could from the man.

-I don't remember, I am sorry. - He apologised.

-Can you list all the missing people in the nearby area? -67 interrupted, curious about their own past life. In response, the police man in a shaky and stuttering voice began listing a bunch of different names and surnames until he finally got to a specific one.

"Aiden Taylor..."

-Wow, wow, wow. -67 immediately let the man know to hold up. -Who is that?

-It's a fresh case. -He began explaining, still frightened by our appearance.-Another teen who probably ran away. Their family is still looking for them, it's been no more than a few months. -67's eyes widened in curiosity as they gazed upon me.

-Do you have the address of their family?-They forced the man to give them as many details as possible.

-No... not really, but I remember in what area their parents live. -The man looked at 67, expecting them to get angry for not remembering the correct address.

-Good enough!! -67 beamed in an energetic voice. -What's your name? -They looked at them in a creepy, yet very assured way. The man was hesitating, but soon after a word fell out of his mouth.

-J...john?

-Great John!! -67's voice went all high pitched and blasting again, making the police officer flinch out of fear. -You're going with us!

-What. -Me and 32 immediately started questioning another incredibly dumb idea that popped inside of their head. -What do you mean?

-We're just going to take him with us and he will confirm which house is the correct one!! -67 looked so enthusiastic and happy that I didn't have the heart to tell them that we can't just go on a walk through the city with an injured and kidnapped police man.

-You can't just– 32 tried to tell them how stupid that plan was.

-Whatever makes them happy. -I interrupted him. -We'll find a way to make that work... -I said. I am sure that in other conditions I wouldn't agree to take part in any of that shit. However; I didn't want 67 to lose their chance at finally discovering who they were in their past life. I just wanted them to be happy.