♦16♦

We hid in the nearby bathroom, locked in a cabin. We already heard loud footsteps outside and the sound of human talk. We only hoped that no one was fast enough to notice us. Even if 67 had the baker's hat on their head along with me dressed as a "human in partypooper's disguise" it turned out that we were still too afraid to act like we were welcome here.

I wanted to whisper something to 67, but the moment they noticed I was trying to communicate in any way they quickly and quietly responded.

-dOnT tAlK tO mE... rIgHt nOw. Or I'lL sTarT sHoUtInG aGaIn. -They tried their best to control their voice and not cause any troubles in such a shitty situation. They breathed heavily trying to calm down so their tone would go back to normal. I found it funny that when I am under extreme emotions I am going completely silent while for them it's the opposite.Our personalities had literally nothing in common and maybe that's the reason we were somehow getting along.

Suddenly we heard someone open the door to the bathroom. I made sure that our cabin was locked and when someone knocked onto the door I responded with a quick "occupied". I was honestly thankful that I sounded human enough to do this with no problem, because if 67 was forced to say that, they would probably start yelling "OCCUPIED" at these poor people with their thunderous voice. And humans definitely wouldn't let that slide. Especially not if this floor belongs to M.E.G.

Luckily, no one asked any questions why someone would lock themselves inside of a bathroom cabinet for a whole 20 minutes work break. It would be probably way weirder if someone actually did though, but that didn't matter. We heard the bell ringing again. While I was completely used to that sound after spending almost my whole life at level 52, 67 had to cover their ears while still trying their best not to make a single sound. After the ringing, we waited for an additional 5 minutes and when we were sure we heard no one around, I silently unlocked the cabin. I looked around the whole bathroom to be double sure there's absolutely no one, nowhere. When I was done I whispered to 67 letting them know that we can keep going.

-Are you okay?... -I looked at them concerned. They were completely overwhelmed by their surroundings. They moved very stiff, as if they were sick and had trouble with casual walking. Even an idiot would notice how much they were struggling to do anything without bursting out into screaming.

-n...O. -They replied and sat on the cold, bathroom tiles.

-You know, I am actually pretty proud of you for even trying. -I slumped onto the floor next to them.-Trying to resist your natural behaviours is probably difficult as fuck. -I spoke my thoughts. I was really impressed that they managed to hold it in for this long, that's the first time I ever saw a partygoer trying to calm themselves down "normally". 67 took a deep breath and sighed.

-Yeah, it is... hard. -Their voice returned to normal, but they still needed a few more seconds between each sentence to make sure they wouldn't accidentally go into their ballistic mode.-The only reason I don't want to cause any problems with my shouts is that I don't want you to get in trouble. -They took another deep breath. -This is the first time I am actually trying to control myself. -They laughed nervously.

-Are there more things that you have no control over...? Except for your voice changing, depending on what emotion you currently feel. -I asked genuinely curious.

-Yeaa... they tried to put their thoughts into words. -You should see me when I am hungry with nothing to eat. -They laughed again, but suddenly their expression changed to a more serious one. -That's a joke. You shall not see me in that state, because I am capable of many things that I am not necessarily proud of. -They clarified, but their sudden cold tone made me wonder if they were for real. I gave them a questioning look.-Yeah. -They shagged.-When I am hungry I get triggered so bad that I am basically a killing machine. Other partygoers say it's typical for us to act like this. -They claimed.

-Oh. -I was speechless, but at the same time I wasn't surprised to learn such a fact.

-If that will make it any better, I am aware when a state like this will occur. More or less... It happens slowly. -They added, because they were afraid they scared me.-I would never hurt you I promise! -Their voice became noisy again so I quickly hushed them.

-It's okay, I trust you. - I reassured them that everything was okay.-Let's just go.

We stood up and left the bathroom carefully. We looked around the hallway to make sure there was nobody around. Then we both sighed with relief to finally be out of this tiny cabinet with unfresh air.

-Okay, what is your plan? -I asked 67, cause they were calmed down enough to converse with.

-So... -They were already about to start suggesting what we should do, but then we heard a familiar voice next to us, arguing with someone in a nearby room.

-"There is literally NO FUCKING WAY I am going inside!"

-"Sir, I will need you to calm down a little or I will be forced to call the appropriate services."

67 with no hesitation detected the room that the sound came from and aggressively opened the door. I was thinking if I shouldn't try to stop them, but at this moment I knew damn well that 67 was much more aware of what was happening than me.

The room was extensive and insanely clean. White colour was everywhere, making me feel as if it was a freezing winter night. Even the air seemed somehow cold. At the centre of the room there was a weird, green portal shining through the whole room. I saw two faces right in front of me and I was certain that it couldn't be any worse. The first person I saw was the baker which didn't surprise me at all since he was the reason we even came here in the first place. However the second person made some bad memories reappear inside of my head again. It was commandant Jennifer. Jennifer Wheeler. The same woman that I accidentally shot within my second day here. They both looked at us confused and shocked at the same time. That wasn't surprising. Not everyday you see a Partypooper pretending to be a human who dresses as a Partypooper along with a partygoer pretending to be another partygoer that they are currently in front of.

The awkward silence was ended by 67 finally shouting on top of their non-existing lungs.

-THE FUCK? -They looked straight at the baker, completely ignoring the presence of a woman we met before. -YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST STRAIGHT UP LIE TO ME THEN GO HANG OUT WITH A HUMAN?! - Dear lord. I was never so glad that I was born with both arms, because I don't know how my ears would survive if I didn't cover them.

-Shut up! -32 yelled back at them. -You're literally living with a Partypooper under your FUCKING ROOF SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHEN and I am not judging you!-He screamed at them back. They were so focused on screaming at each other that they didn't even notice a crowd of humans forming around us along with some security guards rushing in their direction. I was more than sure that you could hear their screams at the ground level. Commandant Jennifer was too stunned to even move. She just stood there confused about what we were even doing here.

A security guard tried to separate them by getting "rid" of one of the partygoers, but he couldn't recognise which partygoer was the baker since both 32 and 67 had a similar hat on their head. If I wasn't sure before if the baker dropped his hat on purpose, after this I was 100% certain about that. He just had a spare one.

-Which one should I shoot?! - The security guard asked Commandant Jennifer, but all she did was give him a stare that said: "I don't know". He then proceeded to desperately point his gun at me as if he just noticed that I am standing right next to him.

67 noticing the security guards around me, with no delay grabbed my wrist and jumped straight into the portal. The last thing I saw was 32 nervously looking at humans pointing at him with their weapons who saw the portal as a last chance of escape as well. 

He jumped into it right after us.