♦7♦

I woke up by myself this time. It was the first night that I could genuinely call a well rested one. The conversation I had with 67 yesterday dispelled most of my negative thoughts. It still felt odd to depend on a Partygoer, but I wasn't so afraid anymore. Instead of worrying about making it out alive I started thinking about what 67 said to me yesterday. I thought their behaviour was a trick or a lie to manipulate me, but if what they said was true they really didn't have a single reason to hurt me. They didn't even take part in the Fun War, so they didn't understand why other partygoers hated us so much.

Realising that I had someone who was a human once I started pondering about the Frontrooms. I heard a lot of stories from the wanderers back then and it really fascinated me. I heard that earth isn't endless like our world is.

I got up from the floor I was sleeping on. Even if the floor was cold, the pink, cosy blanket and a dozen or so pillows made me feel comfortable and warm.

67 was nowhere to be seen in the apartment and I was certain about it, because it's made out of a single room.

On the table, next to the sofa I noticed a small piece of paper.

"partygoer 32(aka tha baker) said he needs my help. I had to leave, but i'll be back in a couple of hours =(

I left you some cookies and a can of blood in the first drawer for breakfast so you won't be hungry

If you want to, you can use my laptop while I'm gone. the password is "c00ki3s!".

sorry for not saying goodbye but i didn't want to wake you up

take care,

67 =)"

It was sweet of them to leave such a note for me. I was hungry so I grabbed the cookies and opened the laptop they left me. Then I proceeded to enter the password. At first I thought that they gave me the wrong one, but it turned out that I was just stupid and misspelled it. I missed having access to the internet and human technology. Reading human archives about the backrooms was always so enjoyable. It fascinated me how they were all so determined to know everything.

I scrolled through the whole page and after a while I noticed that level 12 was recently updated. I clicked on it out of curiosity and saw something I definitely didn't want to.

"An interview with commandant Mrs. Jennifer Wheeler talking about her experience with partygoers on level 12"

On the video I saw the same woman we met yesterday. She somehow survived and didn't even turn into a Partygoer despite the injuries she's been through. It looked like others showed up just in time and saved her. "Oh, shit" I started panicking. "It's all my fault, isn't it?'' I thought. I watched the whole interview and looked at every single page that got recently updated. The woman's arms were covered in bandages and you could see how injured she was, but despite everything she still stood there, proudly talking about yesterday. Good thing? She was sure I was a partygoer. Bad thing? Everything else except for that was bad. They even send people to guard level 12 and kill possible enemies. "Would that still happen if I didn't shoot her?" I started blaming myself. 67 said that they never had any problems while entering these levels. The moment they decided to take me with them it all got ruined. That was definitely my fault.

"A man's voice: Could you describe what happened yesterday at level 12, ma'am?

JW: Two partygoers without hesitation aggressively charged at me, snatching the weapon out of my hand. I tried to act neutral towards them. I showed them that I had no intentions in disturbing them, but they didn't care. They rushed at me and proceeded to attempt killing me.

A man's voice: You said before that they could talk. Do you mind expanding the topic Mrs. Wheeler?

JW: Yes, they could. They threatened me and insulted me. I tried to communicate with them and end it peacefully, but it looked like they either didn't understand me or they didn't want to listen. I tried to back away, but they rushed in my direction. One of them even shot me with my own pistol and when I tried to run they started chasing me. "

"What a liar." I thought. The wanderers I met back then weren't like this. Maybe that's the reason why most entities hate humans. The whole interview was made out of lies. She even said that me and 67 were the one who chased after her while it was the exact opposite. We just wanted to go back to the funrooms without attacking anyone. I broke down and panicked, blaming myself for everything.

Suddenly I heard some knocks on the door and beeping noises from the PIN-pad. 67 was back.

-Hello!! I'm back~ -They hummed. -And I got some cookies for us from the baker. -They put the box of cookies on the kitchen table and came to me noticing that something happened. -You okay? - They asked, concerned. I wasn't able to utter any words. I just showed them the interview and everything they updated about level 12.

-Well, that doesn't look good... - They commented, looking at what I wanted to show them. They watched the whole interview in complete focus, trying to understand as much as they could. -What a bitch! - They growled.

-It's my fault, isn't it? - I asked. -Maybe if I didn't shoot her, there wouldn't be any people with guns guarding level 12 and level 13! I am so sorry!- I apologised. I felt like I was about to cry at this point. It wouldn't happen if I wasn't there.

-It's okay. It's not that big of a deal. - They tried comforting me. -She would attack us anyway, even if you didn't shoot her before. - They explained slowly. - We just won't show up on these levels for a while and it should be fine. - They stood up and grabbed the yellow box filled with cookies. I looked at them in silence not knowing how to respond. -I suck at comforting people so... do you want a cookie?... - They handed me a box full of chocolate chip cookies. I just stared at them, I didn't feel like eating anything right now. I was too overwhelmed.

-No... thanks. - I mumbled. -I'm not hungry. - They sat next to me not knowing what else they could do to cheer me up. They gave me one of their red balloons filled with helium.

-This is the funrooms. It's forbidden to be upset. - They jokingly said. I didn't respond. I stayed silent. After a while I quietly asked in my shaky voice.

-Can I get a hug...? - Even I was surprised that I dared to ask that. Just yesterday morning I would be too scared to do so, but now that I knew more about their intentions I felt much calmer around them.

-You're not afraid of me...? - They looked at me surprised.

-Not anymore. - I replied. In response they did as I asked them to. They hugged me softly, making me feel warmer and safer. I never thought that I would let a partygoer hug me or even get close to me, not after what happened to us during the Fun War. But they were different. They didn't want to hurt me and they tried keeping me safe this whole time. 67 wasn't the same as other partygoers I encountered in my life. Instead of being harsh and aggressive towards me they were gentle and patient. A complete opposite of how I thought about partygoers before.

-You're warm... - I said.

-And you're cold.