♦38♦FINALE

The doors have been shut behind us, blocking our only way to escape. I could feel the terror slowly rising in my body, as my heart skipped a beat. I was absolutely terrified, yet had no idea what to do. I couldn't give up, no, not yet. 

-Let me out! -I yanked the doorknob, screaming my lungs out. A sense of danger over my head, as I violently began fighting with the door. 

Meanwhile, 32 froze in fear, trying to understand what was going on. His emotions were a turbulent sea. A wave after a wave of panic splashed him. 

-As much as I despise these words; I am sorry. -They said with a hint of actual sorrow in their tone. -This is part of our redemption, the better part even. 

-Aren't you gonna say anything?! -32 demanded any kind of reaction from 67, yet it was all for nothing. It seemed as if they already accepted their creeping fate, doing nothing to get out of the pit they were pushed into. They just stayed in place, more silent than ever. 

-What about me? -A sudden sense of nothingness in my soul, as I listened helplessly to their arguments. Yet a question sparked in my mind, their plan was to eradicate partygoers. Despite everything, I was never one of them. My flesh was still the one of a partypooper. 

-Well, I assume… I am leaving you to be? I have no interest in eradicating a species that is already marked as extinct. -The way they spoke felt like a bullet in my chest. 

… 

-...I am going to fucking murder you.- Their ignorance made my insides burn. Oh, how much I wished to see them already dead. -32, do you still have the gun?! 

He reached under his hat, praying to God to let us have at least this. Yet by his helpless expression, I could assume the answer was negative. 

-No. -He replied, without a hint of doubt in his voice. His answer was a disappointment, but that didn't stop me. 

-Fuck! I can do this with my bare hands.-I spat my words like a venomous snake. 

I jumped onto them. The ship has sailed, I reached a point of no return. I dug my claws into their skin, spilling ruby ichor onto myself. It was all for nothing, it was pathetic. I didn't even focus on actually getting us out of this situation, instead I used this to let out all of my anger onto something. It was absolutely going to worsen the situation, but in the brief of a moment any self-reflection was unreachable.

They fought back, dealing strong hits onto my body that I knew would soon turn into bruises. Yet I continued, without thinking about any consequences. They were stronger than me. Their each move was like a rock thrown against my body, yet I would fight until my existence was finally cut, that was my will. 

-Enough. -A familiar face bursted into the room, tearing the door off its hinges, its cacophony reverberated through the room, making everyone jump in shock. 

37 turned their gaze in the principal's direction. Flames of their anger now seemed to turn into an inferno of pure hate. Nobody expected his presence, yet the moment he entered the room I felt the burden in my chest becoming lighter. It was a relief. I never expected him to care this much, yet there he was.

The principal was aware of the risks he was taking, and the level of absurdity his actions had, yet the kind of sympathy he felt towards me made him focus on only one and last goal; protecting the last (in his eyes) partypooper. Even if it meant now guarding his former enemies. 

Seizing the opportunity, 32 jumped and used this moment to attack 37. A hit after hit before my eyes, I could see them struggling. 

But all they did was distract us from what was inevitable, and maybe postpone the results. It wasn't going to change our fate, at least that's what I stood by. 

-Seriously? I am done playing with you. I hoped to keep the scenery elegant, but you leave me no choice. -37 sighed, freeing themselves from the embrace of sharp claws of 32.

A bright shine suddenly blinded me, like a camera flash. I didn't have the time to let it properly fly through my mind and process, instead, I watched the intense luminosity fade into a void. I lost consciousness before letting my brain unravel the chaos happening around me. How dull. 

°   °   °

The pink led lights blinded my eyes, as I was laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling. My first thought was that I was dead. Delicate scent of air freshener was noticeable like nowhere else. I strayed in my blank imagination , I knew this place, yet at the time my mind felt too fuzzy to contemplate anything. I could swear I already felt the delicate embrace of death. 

-Hello. - A familiar voice spoke to me, snapping me out of my dreamy reality. 

67 stood up in front of me, with Brownie in their hands. They seemed unusually quiet, the affair took a toll on their sanity. It took me a solid few minutes to understand what was going on. I sat on the ground, sending them an unsure look. I was scared, exhausted and confused. I felt blurry, unable to perceive the world surrounding me. 

Then it hit me. I repeatedly blinked, as if it was to change the scenery around me. The story did a full circle, I was back in The Promised Land. 

-What… happened? -My eyes wandered around the place. Whenever I closed my eyes I was haunted by the ghosts of my past. 

-I am not sure. I think we lost the fight.-67 informed me, with a voice as dead as the corpse I thought I was. 

-Where's 32, and 37?... 

-I don't know, but not here. 

… 

They offered their hand to help me stand on my feet. I felt as if my insides were hollow. Confusion was all I could feel. At the very least, I was thankful for 67’s presence. For a while, I thought I would lose them forever. 

At the beginning, I yearned to come back to this place, praying to all kinds of Gods to put me back here. Yet despite that, now I felt nothing. I lost everything for a second time. The feeling as if I was stuck in a time loop, always bringing me back to the place I came from. I sighed. 

-I am just glad you are okay. -I whispered, wrapping my arms around them. -Same for you, Brownie.-I reached with my hand towards the cat, petting it. My faithful feline friend responded with a soft meow, and a pur. 

A/N

if there's any misspells i swear i will correct them later. i got put on some new antipsychotics and i feel weird :3

the next ‘chapter’ is just a huge author's note. please read