♦27♦

tw: suicide thoughts

The police siren was getting louder and louder. It made us lose focus on choosing the best escape route. The cemetery was fenced with some tall and black iron bars making it difficult to climb on. 67 tried their best to just jump over them, unsuccessfully.

-OH COME ON! - They raised their voice nervously trying to ascend through the fence.

-Be quiet, your voice is so blasting... - I mumbled, trying to calm them down.

-But what are we gonna do??-They turned their gaze to the road across the cemetery. The police vehicle was already visible,they were trying to park their car. -FUCK. - They screamed desperately.

-Shut. The. Fuck. Up. - 32 gave them a death stare, instantly silencing them. Sometimes his presence was surprisingly useful.

-We can't escape, we have to just kill them. - 32 stated, heading in the direction of the police.

-Have you lost your mind?! - I argued with him. Even if he was right, I wasn't ready to bear the consequences of killing another person. Especially not the police. My body was filled with anxiety and adrenaline as I desperately tried my best to find a better way out of this.

-yEaH, hE iS rIgHt. - 67 replied, trying not to scream as the police slowly entered the cemetery. Their voice was even more visibly raspy than it naturally was, sending another shiver down my spine.

At this point it was only a matter of time until the police would notice us, they already entered the graveyard and the only reason we stayed undetected at the moment was because we were at the other side of the cemetery.

-Fine. It's not like I have a say in this anyway. -I hissed at them, angry. I wasn't mad at 67, nor 32, I was angry at this whole situation that I was forced to face. I knew that they could easily get rid of them, but the consequences were just something that I did not wish to witness. We already killed a woman not so long ago, we were already in danger of being wanted as murderers that we truly were. Slaughtering another person or people, would only increase it. All I felt was frustration. I did not want to take part in this, but 67 and 32 were right. We had no other choice.

We all rushed towards the police officers, ready to strike. They were carefully and cautiously inspecting the corpse that 67 dug out. One of them kept approaching other tombstones in order to find any other damaged graves.

67 without a moment of hesitation, jumped on top of him. I was certain they broke his ribs, because the moment the policeman fell onto the ground with 67, I heard a loud crack.

67's claws hammered through the poor man's skin, digging deep inside of the flesh on his arms. The man did not even have time to properly react, all that I could see from the side was him, trying to get his phone from his pocket, unsuccessfully. 67 efficiently blocked him, making him completely helpless.

-What are you waiting for? - 32 lightly tapped on my shoulder. There's three more policemans to slaughter and I won't do this alone.

-You want my help?! - I asked in a pretentious tone. I wasn't weak, or at least that's not what I would call myself, but in comparison to the partygoer's strength; I was completely useless.

32 sighed, nervously.

-67 can you lend us his gun? -32 demanded 67 to hand us the weapon of the man that they were currently strangling.

-Sure! -They searched his pockets and threw it at 32.

-Thanks. -They gave me the gun and started dragging me in the direction of the other three policemans. Anxiety filled my body entirely, the only time I ever used a gun before was when I accidently shot that woman in the backrooms. I had no clue how to point it correctly at another person.

-Wh...what....?? -I uttered, frightened. I could hear my own heart beating in my chest as if it wanted to be torn out of me.

-You don't need to be physically strong to use that crap. Just point it anywhere and shoot. -They explained, watching me put the gun to my own head.

-Technically, that's still "anywhere". -I stated.

-No, because if I can't kill myself then neither you can, or else Imma be jealous.-They growled in annoyance and moved the gun away from my skull, focusing the other three policemen's attention on me.

-Hey! -He screamed at the top of his lungs. -They got a gun!=) -He said mischievously, waiting for their reaction. The police officers looked at us confused, not sure if it was a Halloween prank or not.

-If this is a joke, then it's not funny kids! -One of them tried to lecture us, but just noticing their hand reaching for their weapon made me instantly shoot wherever I had a chance to. The noise made my ears burn, but seeing that man fall onto the ground with blood dripping down from his stomach made me feel more powerful than ever. The man was still alive, just knocked out. The moment I realised that he still tried to reach for his gun I blind shooted in his direction until he showed no signs of life. The other two of them reacted instantly, pointing at us with their guns. 32 ran in their direction, sticking his claws into one of the policeman's throats, almost decapitating him.

The last one looked at us helpless, knowing how little chances he had with us. I could see him looking around in panic, trying to find a way out of here.

Noticing his struggles, I gave him a death stare and pointed my gun in his direction with my shaky hands. For his misfortune, I shot his leg right after I realised what he was trying to do.

-Wait , don't kill the last one!! - 32 ran in my direction to make sure the man was still in good enough condition to keep alive.

-Okay great. We will need him for later. -He looked at me, proud of himself for making me finally get violent.-Murder feels good, doesn't it? -He queried me, making me instantly self aware.

-I... don't know. - I replied in a shaky voice. He tore the gun out of my hand.

-You did a great job. -He praised me. -But I am taking this away from you anyway, because it would be a shame if you actually shot yourself. -He laughed, looking around him to see if 67 was there. -67!!! -He screamed, calling for them. -Where the fuck are you! -He looked pissed, even though it was barely a few minutes since we last saw them.

Finally, we see a silhouette of 67, holding a dead body in their arms.

-Sorry I decided that I was too hungry to wait till we got home so I was busy drinking blood. -They explained themselves. -Oh I see that you already got rid of them... except for one of them?

-I will need him for later. -32 shrugged his arms.

-I didn't know that you like to eat your victims alive. -They put the body down onto the ground and ran in my direction. -You look terrible, are you okay? -They asked me, genuinely concerned.

-Yeah, they are just having a hard time with getting used to killing people. -32 replied, playing with the gun in his hand.

-You killed that man?! I am so proud of you!!! -67 cheered happily, squeezing me tightly in their arms. Their touch made me even more stained in blood than I already was since they were literally soaked in it. It didn't bother me, but the thought of it made me feel weird.

For the first time in who knows how long, I felt appreciated. Hearing 67's voice, telling me that they were proud of me made me feel proud of myself too.

-They wanted to kill themselves though. - 32 mentioned, still playing with the weapon that we stole.

-Oh? That's a shame. -They looked at me not knowing how they were expected to react. -I would be pretty upset if you did that, but you didn't so I am proud of you. You did a great job, honestly.

-Where is Brownie? -32 interrupted, slowly getting ready to leave the cemetery.

-It got scared of the gunshots and decided to hide in the bushes. -67 pointed with their claws at the other side of the cemetery. -Give me a second, I'll convince it to come out with some food.