♦4♦

Hearing knocks on the door never made me this nervous before. Just thinking that I was going to see another Partygoer (If one wasn't enough) made me shake in fear. "Maybe they didn't kill me yet, because they were waiting for another Partygoer first?" My mind got flooded with various thoughts and scenarios where I was getting brutally killed. I slowly started plunging in anxiety until it turned into a panic attack.

A partygoer rushed to the door, entered the code on a PIN-pad and went outside. I could hear them converse about something, but I dissociated enough to not be able to understand a single word. I just sat there, frozen in fear.

I don't know how much time has passed. Suddenly I felt someone touching my arm. I shuddered instantly thinking they wanted to hurt me.

-Oops, sorry. - They apologised. - I told them to come back later if that's what you worry about. -They tried to calm me down at least a little bit. I pretended like I didn't hear them and continued to drown in my own thoughts. They tried to explain something to me, but no matter how much they tried I was too dissociated to communicate with.

They grabbed my wrist and pulled me, forcing me to stand up.

-You better listen to me now or you will have bigger problems than dealing with me! - They used their terrifying and deafening voice again which instantly made me get back to reality. I looked at them to show that I was actually listening this time. - Okay, good. So... - They began while coming back to their normal voice. - My friend wants to visit and take this fucking corpse from my fridge back into their house. -They pointed at my mask. -We need to hide it, because trust me; not everyone will be happy to see a Partypooper. Especially not in the Funrooms. And especially not in my house! - They explained. I felt like I was in danger. Probably because I was, but they were right. It's wasn't safe to just walk around with my "=(" face.

-Do you understand?- They asked. I nodded my head .

I sat on the sofa watching them search the entire room in order to find some materials to cover my appearance. I didn't understand anything. Only more and more questions that I couldn't find an answer to. Of course there was the 'standard' question: "Will they kill me?" or "When will they kill me?", but it intertwined with some new ones like:

"If they want to kill me, why would they take care of my wounds?"

"Why do they care if others find out who I am?".

I didn't know if I should feel safe around them or endangered. Their mixed signals made me feel like I was playing with fire. They came up to me holding some yellowish leather material and an accurate Partygoer's mask.

-I catched a human who thought they could just dress as one of us and get out of this level alive... - They started. - I thought it was funny so I stole it and kept it on my shelves.-They handed me the silky material. It was old and dusty, but it was impressive. How could a human sew this? It must have taken forever to make.

-Do I wear this? - I wanted to make sure. They just nodded their head at "yes". It took me a while to find where the top and the bottom of the suit were, but eventually I got it. I put it over my hoodie hoping it's going to look believable. I had a problem with putting the mask on, but after a while I got it too. The costume was a little too big, but it was bearable.

-Hold on, I think I have a mirror somewhere. - They rushed to the shelves again, coming back with a small cracked mirror. - That's all I have, sorry. - They handed me a tiny mirror with a black handle. It was cracked all over the centre.

-If we're lucky they won't recognize you. - They "complimented" my Partygoers disguise.

-IF WE'RE LUCKY??? - I gave them a weird stare.

-I can't guarantee you it's gonna work! - They explained, folding their arms. - But no one is that attentive here so I wouldn't worry too much.

-Just promise me I won't get killed. - I said resigned, looking away.

-It's still better than the mask I tore apart before!?

They were right so I didn't argue. At least this mask doesn't have a crooked smile drawn with frosting on a paper plate. If I put my hopes onto that old crap before then I can do it with this new one as well.

-Okay, you ready? - They asked, while checking my partygoer disguise from every angle to make sure it looks believable.

-Ready for what? - I looked at them confused.

-I told you. I asked the baker to come back later because I had an "emergency" (which wasn't a lie). - They explained once again. - I promised him that I'll let him know when he can come pick THAT up. - They pointed with their claws at the fridge. - And I want to get it done as soon as possible for obvious reasons. - They finished their sentence.

-Oh. - I finally understood. I looked around the whole room to see if there's anywhere I could hide. Pretending to be a Partygoer was too scary and risky for me, now that I had other options. Or at least I wanted to believe I had.

-No, no, no, no, no! - A Partygoer stopped me. -Don't even bother. Trust me , that's a way worse option than this costume. - They sighed and looked away. -Just stay where you are. You don't even need to say anything. I'll get everything done. - They reassured me, got up and went out the door. -OH! And your name is 37 if anyone asks! - They said while leaving.

So I stayed there and waited. Barely ten minutes passed and I could already hear footsteps coming up the door. One of them belonged to 67's for sure as they were airy and wispy. For obvious reasons I couldn't recognize the other ones, but they sounded confident and steady. I heard beeps coming from the PIN-pad and soon after two figures appeared. 67 nervously waved to me as the other partygoer looked around. I hoped he wouldn't notice me, even if It was impossible. I was sitting on a white sofa next to the fridge.

-And who is this? - A partygoer with a baker hat scanned me with his eyes. "Does every Partygoer have a raspy voice?" I questioned myself.

-This is 37! Remember them? - 67 introduced me as a partygoer. - The one who went missing and never came back? -They laughed nervously. - Well they are finally back! Just look at them, happy and healthy! - I waved awkwardly. This was embarrassing, but it looked like they bought it.

-Oh dear lord. - A baker gasped. -You look awful! Were they experimenting on you? - He asked.

-Let's not bring this up now... - 67 interrupted him. -It's a hard topic for them to talk about.

-My bad. - Baker apologised and went on with what he came here for.

They both pulled out the corpse from the fridge and started dragging it on the floor as if it was nothing.

-Hey, 37! - Baker called me. -Do you mind helping us with this? -He pointed at the corpse. Panic filled my body and mind again. I quietly got up trying to act as normal as possible, but I couldn't utter any words.

-They are mute, but they'll surely help us!! - 67 explained nervously. I wondered who 37 really is if such an excuse worked. Did they get kidnapped by M.E.G or something?

I was forced to help them drag the body. Absolutely gross. We used to sacrifice humans to the partygoers before, but I was never in my life dragging a frozen, damaged corpse on the ground. I guess that life is full of surprises.

When we were done, we rushed to 67's home and immediately locked the door behind us.

-IT WORKED. - They cheered happily. I couldn't deny it, I was glad it worked too.

-What a relief... - I gasped.

-Anyways... - They opened their closet and threw me a light pink blanket. - You better get some rest for tomorrow.