♦11♦

It felt so surrealistic to finally return to this place. The moment I gained consciousness about my surroundings was the moment I felt something heavy laying on my chest. Level 52 didn't look as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was just abandoned and empty. Awfully empty. I was certain it's going to be destroyed and knocked down, but it looked the same way that I last saw it. A long, school corridor with lockers on each side. The only difference was that after the Fun War there were no other entities than the principal, teachers and students. It was devoid of anyone else.

-Is everything okay?- 67 wanted to make sure I wasn't too overwhelmed by everything. In response I nodded my head.

-Yes... I'm fine. - I said while repeating in my head over and over: "I can do it!". They helped me survive in the Funrooms so the least I can do is help them find that damn key.

-Uhh so... - They spoke while reading the letter we found at 32's apartment . -It says that it's hidden in the... Boredom Room? - They looked at me nervously. -Where is it...?

-Oh, the Boredom Room? - I asked to confirm. I took a while to respond, because I had to remind myself where it was located.-Boredom Room is in the classroom #172.-I claimed while pointing at the never ending hallway.

-How far away is it... - They looked at me, preparing themselves for another LONG adventure. Fortunately, all the rooms were next to each other so even if that number seemed high in reality it was a 5 minute walk.

-Just go with me. - I led the way.-I know where it is.- Walking through these infinite hallways of level 52 made me feel like I was in a dream. I thought I would never see that place again, but luckily or not: fate had other plans for me. I kept looking around. It might have looked like I was unsure where I was going, but I was just thinking about all the memories I had with this place. The good ones... and the bad ones.

-We are almost there! - I wanted to let them know. I started running towards the white door with number "172" written on it.

-Already? - They tried to catch up. I was next to the Boredom Room, ready to open the white door when I heard someone behind me. A man talking in a deep, raised voice.

-No running in the hallways! -We both turned around. It was the principal. A tall man with regular facial features. The most normal entity you could ever imagine. Seeing him angered at us was an unusual view. I was certain he cared only about the wanderers and entirely ignored any other entities.

67 looked at me, frightened. Just by looking at them I knew that it was their first time here.

The principal grabbed us by our wrists and dragged us to his office for a "talk". 67 tried doing everything in their power to fight him off, but it was all for nothing. I could see the terror in their eyes. They probably thought he was going to hurt us somehow, but this is not how this level works at all.

The principal locked the door behind himself and forced us to sit in front of his desk. 67 was literally shaking at this point.

-Chill, it's not that serious. -I reassured them that he wasn't actually dangerous. At least I could finally experience how all the wanderers he caught on my eyes felt.

-That behaviour is unacceptable. -He began an hour long monologue. I wanted to look at 67 to see if they were okay, but the moment he noticed that I looked in another direction, he started screaming that I have no respect towards him. A typical level 52 experience. He just kept talking and talking. Anytime me and 67 tried to communicate with each other or do anything other than looking straight at him and listening, he would scream even louder.

-That's enough!! -He shouted enraged.

The principal took out his cellphone and started threatening us.

-I'm going to call your mom. Your attitude is inappropriate. -He proceeded to enter her number.

-Bro, my mom is in the Frontrooms. -67 gave him a confused look. -What the fuck is even this place. -The principal's facial expression drastically changed. We thought he was angry before, but no. We were wrong. After what 67 said he was absolutely infuriated.

-WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO TALK TO ME THAT WAY?! -He screamed so loud I could feel the floor shaking under my feet. It was so bad that even 67 had to cover their ears. At least now they knew how I felt when they uncontrollably started shouting in their deafening voice. The principal kept yelling at us for the next 10 minutes, but eventually he got tired and kicked us out of his office, locking the door behind himself.

-WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?! - 67 looked shocked , terrified and angry at the same time. They were no better than the principal when it came to raising their voice.

-That's... the principal. - I shagged, letting them know that it was normal here. -I don't know why he did it to us though. - I explained. -Normally, he catches only humans. -I took off my partygoers disguise as it was way too hot and this level was almost devoid of any entities anyway. 67 kept looking at me stunned.

-So you're telling me... this is normal?!... -They speculated.

-Mhm! - I confirmed my words. -It's as normal here as keeping frozen corpses in fridges in the Funrooms.

-Fair enough... -They replied, looking away. -What about the Boredom Room?-They asked. -Can we still get the key? Or did that guy ruin everything?-In response I pointed with my hand at the door behind them.

-This is the Boredom Room. -I said quietly as we stood up from the floor and came closer to it. It looked... weird. The paint was coming off of it and everywhere, especially near the door handle you could see a bunch of scratches. They were suspiciously similar to the scratches we found on our door.

I couldn't bring myself to open it. I was afraid of what I was going to see inside.

-Shall I do it? - 67 noticed that I am visibly struggling.

-Yeahh... - They pushed the handle as we went inside. I don't know what's the matter but The Boredom Room was the only classroom that looked exactly how I thought it would do after the Fun War. The walls were cracked, all the desks were smashed and the computers were either gone or destroyed. On the board all that was written was "THE WAR IS NOW OVER=)".

I really tried to make myself believe that what I saw didn't have any impact on me, but I couldn't. The only thing I felt when I entered the room was pure anxiety. I sat on the ground to let myself calm down. It didn't work. My body started shaking uncontrollably. I was about to have the biggest panic attack I ever experienced.

-No, no, no... It's fine, right? -67 crouched down and tried to reach me with their hand, but I slapped it. I don't know why I did it. 

I guess that because of my panic attack caused by traumatic memories I couldn't see them as 67.

I saw them just as a partygoer.

-I am sorry. -They instantly apologised, but it didn't change anything for me. I was too overwhelmed to process what they were even saying. I got up and pushed them to escape. They fell on the ground, but before they did they tried to stop me. They grabbed me by my arm, but because they were losing balance, they couldn't control their claws. They bit me.

I ran out of the Boredom Room with blood dripping from my wound. It was entirely my fault it happened, but at the moment it only triggered me more. They weren't chasing me, but I still kept running as if my life depended on it. I kept leaving traces of blood behind me. I didn't stop until my legs felt weak, that's when I hid in the nearby locker.