♦17♦

We violently fell into the other side of the portal. 32 quickly got up and as soon as he could, he threw a massive and heavy rock onto one of the corners of the portal. It resulted with it breaking into small, glowing pieces of glass-looking material.

-You owe me some explanation. -67 looked deadly into his eyes. The scenery we appeared at was nothing I ever saw before. It was an open area overgrown with various colourful plants. Everywhere around me my eyes would gaze at huge trees and wild birds, flying around carelessly. The sky looked as if it was made out of purely black ink and the only light source we had was the moon shining at us in a bright, bluish white colour.

The baker looked at us in total silence. I backed away a little and hid behind 67 to avoid direct eye contact with him.

-I owe you some explanation?! -The baker started yelling furiously, but as quickly as he finished his first sentence, he stopped and took a few seconds to think about it.-Actually. I do. -They admitted.-But you do too.-He pointed at me.

-TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK WE ARE FIRST. -67 lost their patience, they barely had any left anyways.

-Okay. Fine. - 32 sighed as if he was mad that we wanted to know where that portal teleported us. Or maybe he was just too embarrassed to admit what happened.-We made a Frontrooms portal, but I kind of fucked it up. -They went on.

-WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FUCKED IT UP?!! - 67 was absolutely enraged. Maybe the Frontrooms wasn't a place that I wished to visit that day, but I couldn't deny that I was curious how it works since the only information I had were the ones I read on the internet in my spare time. "Maybe now I'll understand humans better" I thought.

-Um. - The baker continued, visibly uncomfortable. -It is the Frontrooms, but not the ones we hoped for. -He tried avoiding the final answer to their question. 67 took a deep breath and asked once again.

-What. Did. You. Fuck. Up. -They insisted on getting a clear explanation.-Do i need to spell it to you? W-H-A-T D-I-D Y-O-U -They were interrupted by 32 finally giving them a full answer.

-Okay fine! -He folded his arms, taking a while to put it all into words.-It is the Frontrooms. Nothing is wrong with it except for the fact that it's a different universe and/or timeline.

-?????? -67 looked at him with a big question mark on their face.

-I am not sure what exactly is different here, but... Some of the M.E.G explorers were able to find different versions of themselves that never entered the Backrooms. -He shagged awkwardly trying to make himself look more confident and self-assured. He definitely wasn't. We heard him just a few minutes ago, screaming at the commandant Jennifer that there was absolutely "no way" he would enter that portal. I guess he changed his mind quickly after what happened. He had no other way of surviving.

-What. -67 was fully muddled. I was too. I never even saw the Frontrooms live so I had no clue what I should expect from this place. "Are the Frontrooms the exact opposite of the Backrooms? Are there any entities? Does it have different levels? " My mind was flooded with questions that I wanted to find an answer for.-You know how to redo the portal so we can get back to the Funrooms, right?... - An awkward silence began. It was so quiet that all I heard was wind, blowing swiftly through the whole forest.

-Actually... - 32 looked at both of us inconveniently.-...No.

-But I thought you were the one who built it?! -67 asked as the baker started nervously tearing out the grass from the ground to de-stress.

-I only helped them with building it. They said they will reward me for it later!-They started explaining themselves, tearing out the grass faster and faster.-Then they tried to push me inside of that portal for me to "explore and do some observations about this universe."-He continued. -But I just knew that all they wanted was to get rid of me. They would close the portal right after I entered it. -The baker's voice became distorted and "weird", but in a different way than 67's. It wasn't deafening, it was just scarily deformed. Maybe that was a good thing, I didn't have to cover my ears.

-But you just closed the portal after we entered it?! You make no sense.

-Because they would run after us to "punish me" for bringing someone to floor 283. Trust me. I've been working with them for a while now and they are SICK.-He went on again. -THEY SAY THAT ENTITIES ARE EVIL, BUT IN THE MEANTIME THEY LITERALLY TORTURE US. -He made a pause. -I guess they just don't see us as actual living beings with emotions and personalities.

-I will definitely need you to tell me more about this soon... -67 wanted him to continue, but suddenly it started raining.

-Oh, great. -The baker said in a completely inexpressive tone. That was genuinely the first time I ever saw rain. The feeling of water droplets falling onto my face was amusing, but at the same time unpleasant. It was nice to finally experience what the Frontrooms are like. I was really passionate about discovering what more this place had to offer, but at the same time I was getting simply cold.

Through this whole time I was silent to the point when the baker probably forgot I was even there in the first place. That was fine with me. I was afraid of him, but sooner or later I had to say something as I was getting more and more uncomfortable with my surroundings.

-Can we go find a shelter from the rain...? -I poked 67's arm to get their attention. My hoodie was starting to get wet and I felt like I was already freezing to death.

-Yes, sure. -They gave me the hat that they got from me before and put it on my head. -That will definitely not work, but at least I am trying okay!? -They were right, it didn't protect me from the rain at all, but it was still kind of them to do so. 

We tried to hide under a tree, but the gaps between, with no leaves were enough to make it completely useless. It was autumn and the branches were already half empty.

The sky started thundering. At first I thought it was just weird, but I didn't think much of it since there's a lot of things I still didn't understand about the Frontrooms.

Not until I heard a loud and sonorous lightning that hit the ground nearby. I flinched in fear, but tried to remain silent. I never heard a lightning bolt previously so I had every right to get scared.

-A thunderstorm. Amazing. -32 commented in the same tone as he did before. It felt odd to hear a partygoer talk in such a cold-blooded voice. I always thought that partygoers should be gushed with energy, but the baker was the complete opposite of that. Maybe that was just a stereotype that I stupidly believed in, or maybe something was actually odd about him. Either way, we still needed to find a place where we could shelter from the rain. I still didn't even know the meaning behind the word "thunderstorm", but what happened during it so far was enough for me to be fully focused on that objective.

The atmosphere was very inconvenient between us. Everyone was too uncomfortable to say anything besides what was absolutely necessary.No one wanted to talk about anything because 32 felt awkward, 67 was angered at him and I was too afraid to speak, because of the baker. It was all just straight up embarrassing at this point.

While we were all mindlessly walking around, I noticed an odd, abandoned house in the distance. It was tiny, overgrown with moss with all its windows broken. The doors to the house were gone, but what was important to me at the moment was that it still had a roof. I gently poked 67's arm and pointed with my finger at my discovery.

-Maybe that will do...? - I whispered to them.