♦25♦

-Ahh, I just love the smell of death!! - 67 cheered in their creepy, yet energetic voice. - Makes me feel as if we were still in the funrooms!
-I'm not too sure about this… - I mumbled, overwhelmed by their incredibly dumb actions.
-Do you have any better idea than that?- 32 growled. His expression was all I needed to know that he was already tired of this. So was I. All I wished for at the moment, was to finally get some rest and go to sleep. I wondered, how was 67 still so full of energy? I knew that partygoers' biology was different from ours, but could they really bear this long without any sleep at all, still feeling brand new? Damn, I was jealous.
-Which tombstones look new? - 67 turned their sight towards 32, expecting to immediately hear an answer. Almost all the gravestones were damaged and obviously long forgotten, it was hard to spot any that weren't.
-This one looks kind of fresh.-32 pointed with their gaze at one of the tombstones.
-Okay!~ - 67 replied in a singing tone, looking more excited than ever. Just when I was certain I finally began to understand partygoers more, I was put in a situation where I had to watch 67 dig out a rotting corpse from under the ground at the cemetery, with their bare claws.
-Not this one! The other one!-32 raised their voice, looking at 67 digging dirt from under the wrong grave. He sighed. -The one with the name "Alexander Walker".-He had to specify.
-Oh, right…right . - They dipped their claws under the correct tombstone. The strength they had in their arms was… impressive. The dirt was vastly solid and hard to even leave a footstep on. I expected them to use a shovel or any other tool for it, but it turned out that their hands were devilishly powerful enough for them not to need one. .
It didn't take 67 long to finally get to the deeply buried, wooden coffin. 
-Got it! - They announced, proud of themselves, trying to lift the wooden box by themselves.
-Let me help you. - 32 noticed their struggles with balancing the coffin in their arms. He offered to assist them.
From the very first moment where they mentioned visiting the cemetery I knew they were serious, however a part of me still didn’t want to believe in what I was staring at.
They both carefully placed down the box and began struggling to open it up.
-You need to unlock the fastener. - I directed my pointing finger towards the small lock on the side of the coffin. -I can’t believe I am about to say this, but… do you need help with that? -I genuinely asked as I knew that their claws weren’t that precise as they had no fingers.
-Sure! -67 answered right away. I kneeled down and began wrestling with the lock. It didn’t take me longer than a few minutes. The fastener snapped as I backed away, not willing to be the one to open it first.
-I still can’t believe that you weren’t joking. -I sighed, preparing myself for the corpse reveal. In other circumstances, I don’t think I would be affected by some random dead body, but the thought of them eating it… hell nah. All I could hear inside of my head was a silent, yet screaming voice “Is it too late to go back?”.
As soon as the lock was gone, 32 instantly opened up the wooden box without wasting a second on thinking.
First thing that hit me was the smell. No wonder they had to bury that shit two metres below the surface, the scent was malodorous. Spoiled milk, mouldy eggs and dead fish mixed into one.
-I have some second thoughts about this. -32 commented, taking a look at the corpse itself. The body of the man looked dry, the skin was purple with greenish and yellowish undertones signalling that the body was long “expired”.
-Just now you have some second thoughts?! -I turned my sight to him in disbelief.-What else did you expect?
-Shut up. -He growled angrily. -We’re desperate.And if you won’t stop bothering me, my desperation is going to check if a partypooper can satisfy my hunger the same way that a human does.  -He gave me a death stare, sending a shiver down my spine.
-O…okay? -I couldn’t tell if what he was saying was only a meaningless threat or if he was actually serious. Either way, it silenced me immediately.
I turned my eyes towards Brownie. This little piece of delicate fur was following us this entire time. I picked it up, hugging it softly, purely for emotional support. It kept staring carelessly at 32 digging with their claws in that rotting corpse. I had no clue what they were doing and I definitely did not want to know. All I saw was him pulling some organs out of the body, in the very corner of my vision. 
Suddenly, I felt the cat indicating that it was time to finally put it down. I gently place Brownie on the ground, watching it run up to 32. Before any of us even had time to react in any way, Brownie snatched the baker’s hat from his head and began escaping with it in its muzzle towards the other side of the cemetery.
-Give it back, fucker! -32 went furious, trying to catch Brownie and get back what belonged to him.
-What happened?! -67 looked confused, it happened so quickly that they didn’t even have time to notice and process. They grabbed my hand and ran after 32, forcing me to go with them.