♦32♦

authors note:

i apologise if theres smth off about this chapter but i haven't been writing anything for a while so i kind of got off track loll

//////

-Well… that's a plot twist for sure. - I murmured, still questioning if we should really be alarmed.-Is that even possible?-I queried, sending a questioning stare towards 67. I wasn't certain if I was supposed to be frightened, or not. To be honest this whole situation still felt like a fever dream. 

-Let me double check. -32 took a deep breath. -Are you sure those footprints are not yours? -He tried not to burst with anger as it wasn't an effective method of gathering information from others. 

-This doesn't even look ANY similar to mine! -67 screamed, furious that they were still being accused of making this all up. 

-Shut the fuck up. Why do you always have to be so damn loud? -32 tried to hush them as always. The longer I spent in their company, the more I stopped caring about their blasting voices. It just began blending in with everything, making these screams even go unnoticed by me half of the time. 

The moment that 67 finally calmed down, everyone looked straight at me, questioning if it was possible for these footprints to be mine. 

-Oh, come on! -I was disappointed that they would even suspect me in the first place. Sure, partypoopers were similar to partygoers in a variety of ways; however you could still distinctly see that there was no way it could be me. They kept staring at me, trying to analyse all the possibilities of these footprints belonging to me. They both sighed, giving up. 

-There is no way these are yours... - 32 finally admitted, in a resigned tone of voice.- ...But that would mean that there is possibly another partygoer here, or at least another entity. -He explained. 

-Should we be alarmed? -67 looked at the prints once again, unsure if it was something they should worry about. 

-No clue. -He went silent for a minute. -Whoever that is, it's possible that they were the one who left broken portal shards near the window… which is a rather positive thing.-He said with a confused expression, folding his arms as we all turned our gaze at Brownie, finally coming back from its tiny adventure. 

-Hello, Brownie. - I greeted the cat, as I noticed that it was holding something suspicious in its mouth. 

-What the fuck. -32 was flabbergasted. There was way too much going on at the same time to catch up. 

He quickly approached the cat, trying to have a better look at the item it held.-This isn't a toy, you fucker! -He screamed at the cat, as me and 67 looked at him agitated.-Are you guys fucking blind?! IT IS HOLDING A PIECE OF THE PORTAL! -He ran towards the animal, but as soon as he did, the cat sprinted back into the bushes of the forest. 67, uncertain what they were supposed to do, decided to follow them. They grabbed me by my wrist, dragging me behind them.

° ° °

It was all getting only more confusing with every other second. Too much to analyse and too much to worry about. My mind began getting foggy, leaving me uncertain of the surrounding reality. 

-Isn't it ironic how Brownie keeps provoking 32 whenever it gets the chance to? -I asked 67 as I was trying to match their speed. I didn't understand what was the big deal.  

-I think the cat might be trying to tell us something.-67 stated as I rolled my eyes, not understanding what was such a big deal. In my eyes it was just a silly kitty, playing with everything it got into its paws. If I was a cat, I would do the same. 

-You are overreacting. -I growled in a monotonous voice.-Its just a cat, it probably doesn't even know that we are entities. 

-Your reaction time is so fucking slow! -They yelled in annoyance, dragging me behind them while tightening their grip around my wrist. 

-Enlighten me. -I waited for them to be glorious enough and explain. They went silent, trying not to burst with anger at me. 

-The cat had to be the one bringing these portal pieces near our window. Also it's radioactive so it is not safe for the cat to touch it. -I looked at them, still confused. 

-Why is it so weird that it brings us these portal pieces…? I think it's pretty useful. 

-It is a cat!!! It isn't supposed to be aware of our origins. Maybe it has something to do with these footprints in our house… -They unawarely began cutting through my hand with their claws, using more strength to hold me in place.-It's suspicious. There has to be more depth to it… -They took a deep breath and began listing all the reasons why they thought that the cat knew something we didn't.

-The fact that the cat appeared by itself out of nowhere is weird… It knew where 32's grave was and the fact that it possibly knows about the backrooms only adds up to it.-I thought about it for a second. I knew nothing about the frontrooms' entities which meant that I had no clue how a cat was supposed to act. All the things it has done, I assumed were normal. However, now that I was given a proper perspective on the topic; i understood why it was unexpected from a frontrooms' entity. 

-You are hurting me, again. -I notified them, as they immediately loosened their grip. 

-Oh, I am sorry! I didn't mean to!-They apologised as I watched the blood slowly drip down onto the ground from my wound. By now; I have built a high pain tolerance so it didn't bother me as much as it used to. However it was still inconveniently bleeding. 

-Except for the fact that now I will have to take care of it, it's fine. -I reassured them, while we were still trying to catch up with 32.

another useless authors note (u can skip it):

I can't believe i got so attached to my story that im writing this for half a year already /pos

also ive been reading my older fanfictions (not that old, a few montsh old only) BUT IT WAS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME WONDER "WHAT WAS I THINKING".

seriously, where am i getting these ideas from?? lmaoo

ilyall