♦34♦

It was an awkward walk back home. The constant feeling of uneasiness along with endless whispers inside of my head, barely loud enough for me to understand were plaguing my mind again, coating my thoughts within a fog, making it difficult to interpret the surrounding reality. I kept walking steadily next to 67, with my eyes focused on the ground.

37 was placing their steps confidently, leading the way, occasionally turning around to make sure that none of us got lost nor escaped.

They didn't seem to put the same kind of attention onto me. Except for what they spoke to me a few minutes before, they treated me like air, not even bothering to turn their eyes in my direction. Almost as if I didn't exist in their eyes which was reasonable. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I was a Partypooper, my species was stated as non-existent.

32 seemed to be under the weather, he held Brownie in his arms, murmuring something to himself under his breath. 67 on the other hand, seemed ecstatic.It created a great contrast between the 4 of us.

We arrived home in complete silence, hoping to finally get answers as to why this place was important.

-Excellent! -37 commented, entering the house as if it was theirs.-They scanned the kitchen, noticing a small jar filled with human blood. Without a word, they opened it, drinking it whole in a matter of seconds.-It feels magnificent to finally consume something that actually satisfies my scarcity of nutrients. -They slammed the empty jar back on the kitchen counter, scanning the whole room as if they expected to see something unusual.

-Do you know how to make a portal back? -32 asked, trying to keep a self-assured voice. It was clear by now that he felt unsteadily around them. Possibly, it was what 37 told him the moment they spoke that "You should be deceased, but you are not.". It caught him off-guard.

-Absolutely. I have all the knowledge you could possibly need. -They stated.

-That's just great then! -67 beamed out, energetically. They couldn't wait to finally get back home, the thought of it filled them with excitement. I wanted to share the same emotions, but I felt too distant from the surrounding world. I felt paranoid, the same uncertainty about my safety was coming back. It was in a much lighter form yet it was still unsettling.

-If so, why didn't you leave the frontrooms before? -32 questioned them, demanding an answer as he scanned them with his eyes, suspiciously. In response they stared at him, furiously about all the amount of questions he kept asking every two minutes. They were forced to stay calm in order to be able to answer them, which made them delay their response.

-The issue was that I lacked an ingredient. -They explained, directing their steps towards the attic as we followed them. -I already attempted to build a portal back, yet it was unsuccessful. -They pointed at the attic floor, covered in cobwebs and pieces of broken glass along with some weird, dried up substance.-You see, in order to travel back, you require an essence of some kind. I don't hold the information of all the possible substances that are usable for that matter, since I was told only about one. -They paused for a few seconds, taking a moment to gather all their thoughts. -Partygoer's venom is an efficient example of a substance you may use for that purpose. The reason I am incapable of using my own is because it has been neutralised by Major Explorer Group.

-Does that mean that you are... harmless? -67 tilted their head in curiosity, trying to understand how that procedure even worked.

-I could snap your body in half if I wished to. -They claimed.-It only affects my ability to infect humans. -They picked up a singular piece of broken glass from the attic floor, reminding themselves of their past attempts.-That object is actually an old piece of portal, it already lost its properties due to the time that has passed since I arrived here. Although, since Brownie already picked up all the shards from your portal, we may reactivate it with a little bit of venom from either one of you. -Even if I knew that they absolutely weren't talking about me, I still felt a shiver running down my spine. Another whisper at the back of my head, haunting me, plaguing my mind that was already coated within a black fog. It spoke to me, it told me that I was not safe in their presence.

-Sure, but how? Does it have to be gathered in a specific way or something? -67 was open to the idea of using their own venom to open the portal, they just wished to go home. Even if the backrooms weren't the peacefullest place in the world, they still couldn't help, but wish to finally return to where they came from. It was a constant headache to live in the frontrooms as an entity.

-No. It won't make a difference how you obtain it. Just do it. -They pulled a vial out of nowhere, throwing it at 67. It had the space capability for no more than 15 millilitres, which was less than what I imagined at first.

-Do I... start now? -67 was unsure.

-Yes. - They responded immediately, directing their gaze at me. My heart skipped a beat again, as I looked at them back in fear of what they wanted to do with me this time. -Go and get these portal pieces. -They commanded me, knowing that there was no way I would refuse.-We shall return where we came from, now. 

A/N

not sure if i said that already, but just to let you know; as soon as i am done with the main storyline i am planning on rewritting the first (or first few) chapter(s) bc they kinda suck ass 

ANYWAYS ILYALL