◆AHDI 17◆

◈DEDICATED TO MegrobleWp

◆CHAPTER 17
Court of Hearing

|Third Person POV|

"Please rise. The Court of the Second Judicial Circuit, Criminal Division, is now in session, the Honorable Judge Cassidy Verlice presiding," the Bailiff Dave Gonzales said, an officer of the court na tutulong sa Judge sa loob ng court.

Ngayon ang araw kung saan, matutuldukan na ang lahat. Marami-rami rin ang mga taong naririto. Nandito lahat ang pamilya at kakilala ni Jhainnah lalo na ang mga kapitbahay na gustong lumaban para sa kalayaan niya.

Nakayuko lamang si Jhainnah na nakaposas at katabi niya ang kaniyang Attorney, sa likuran naman ay ang mama ni Aldrene, siya lang ang dumalo sa kanilang pamilya. Sa pagkat si Adrian ang nagbabantay kay Yruss na nasa hospital pa rin, dahil hindi pa rin gumigising si Aldrene. Hindi na rin nila alam kung bakit.

"Everyone but the jury may be seated. Mr. Dave Gonzales please swear in the jury," sabi ng Judge para magsimula na ang laban. Tumayo naman ang mga hurado, nasa kamay nila ang paghuhukom kung sino ang mananalo sa kaso na 'to.

"Please raise your right hand. Do you solemnly swear or affirm that you will truly listen to this case and render a true verdict and a fair sentence as to this defendant?" Bailiff.

"I do," koros na sagot ng mga hurado.

"You may be seated," usal na naman ng Bailiff na agad namang umupo ang mga hurado sa kasong ito.

Nakayuko lamang si Jhainnah, kinakabahan habang nagdadasal na sana siya ay mananalo dahil alam ng Diyos na wala itong kasalanan sa nangyari, wala siyang alam.

Sa kabilang banda naman ay nandoon ang pamilya ni Thana, ang kaniyang asawa, mama't papa niya at lalo na ang kaniyang kapatid na si Gobernador Thaño kasama ang ilang mga tauhan nito.

"Members of the jury, your duty today will be to determine whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty based only on facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and that the defendant is the person who committed the crime. However, if you are not satisfied with the defendant's guilt to that extent, then reasonable doubt exists and the defendant must be found not guilty. Mr. Dave Gonzales, what is today's case?" Judge Cassidy Verlice.

" Your Honor, today's case is the Criminal Case No. 24689 People of the Philippines versus Jhainnah Delgado," nakatayong sagot niya at umupo ulit.

Napapikit na lang si Jhainnah ng banggitin ang kaniyang pangalan, napakatahimik nila sa loob habang nakikinig lang kung ano ang susunod na mangyayari.

"Is the prosecution ready?" Judge.

"Yes, your Honor," sagot ng kabilang side, ang Attorney nila na magpapatunay na si Jhainnah Delgado nga ang pumatay sa biktima.

"Is the defense ready?" Judge.

"Yes your Honor," tumayong sagot ng Attorney ni Jhainnah at saka umupo agad.

"We will now hear the opening statement from the prosecution. Prosecutor please state your case," sabi ng Judge at saka tumayo ang Attorney nila at pumunta sa harapan.

"Thank you, your Honor. Your Honor, members of the Jury, ladies and gentlemen. I am Attorney Kerro Sebastian, on behalf of our state. We want to thank you for being here today. Under our criminal justice system, citizens charged with certain crimes are entitled to have their case heard by a jury of their peers - people just like you. We are all grateful that you recognize your civic duty and are willing to set aside your personal priorities to be here. As you have heard, the defendant has been charged with the crime of frustrated murder. On March 24 Mrs. Thana Zamora was caught in the street of the village where Mrs. Jhainnah Delgado and her family live. Many of their neighbors saw and witnessed how Mrs. Jhainnah Delgado fought with the victim and gave death threats, many citizens witnessed when she let out to her mouth the words,"TANDAAN MO ITOOOOO!!! IF I'LL SEE YOU AGAIN, I WILL RIP THAT FILTHY OF YOURS B*TCHHHH!" On March 26 the victim was found in the riverbank lifeless and full of stab wounds to her body, according to the autopsy, the total stabs of the victim having approximately total of 18 stabs and she was estimated to have died on March 24 in the night. How cruel is it? By the count of stabs, we can say that the person who did it has anger and personal issues that lead to brutality. On the other hand, according to the person we interrogated, he told everything that the husband of the said suspect is having an affair to the victim that lead Mrs. Jhainnah Delgado to have hatred and grudge to Mrs. Thana Zamora. Please find Mrs. Jhainnah Delgado guilty of frustrated murder case, thank you," Attorney Kerro Sebastian.