Chapter 38

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas, and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

Bree's Pov

I was running through the alleyways of Seattle searching for my mate, with Emmett following closely behind me. I came to a halt trying to hold back angry tears, I'm starting to wonder if he made it, because we searched everywhere, and still there was no sign of Diego.

I could feel Emmett approaching me from behind slowly, he wrapped his arms around me and brought me into a cold but warm embrace

I could feel Emmett approaching me from behind slowly, he wrapped his arms around me and brought me into a cold but warm embrace. "We'll find him little Bee."

(Side note: I thought this was a cute one since it's hard finding friend gifs comforting from behind without them being a couple

(Side note: I thought this was a cute one since it's hard finding friend gifs comforting from behind without them being a couple.)

I couldn't help but chuckle at the stupid nickname he produced for me. "Really little Bee?" I questioned him with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I thought it was very creative, but anyways, I think we should take a break, how about we head back home and go hunting in the mountains, and then tomorrow we can go back to searching for Diego some more."

"Okay, I just hope he's safe, I don't know what I'll do if Victoria or Riley killed him. He's been there since my transformation so I can't imagine me living on while he's dead because he figured out that Victoria and Riley were lying to us."

"He's just searching for you too. I would say that Alice's visions are never wrong, but sometimes they are, however; Callie mentioned that Jasper and Tally adopted Diego as one of their own, just like how they are planning to do the same for you. Don't doubt us Cullen/Hale's we will always come through for our family and friends. Besides you're my niece." He stated with a wide smile.

"Thank you, Uncle Emmett, you're my favorite uncle, and don't go tell Edward or Damien that I said this because I will deny it," I told him with a smirk.