Chapter 12

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written as an collaboration by both Xo Bella Italiana oX and Katara Melody Cullen . If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. We hope that you enjoy the story and look forward to reading your reviews. – K, and B

Chapter 12
(Crystal's POV)

We had just arrived home and Rose was just pulling down the long hidden driveway. When the car come to a stop, we all piled out of the car, and went into the house, and into the living room where we saw Bella, Edward, and someone that I didn't know talking to Jasper.

Jasper turned around when he heard my footsteps entering the living room. "Hello darling, how was your shopping trip with Alice and Rose?"Jasper asked me with a smile.

I smiled back as I replied. "Well, it was going great, but Alice had a vision. She saw Bella telling Edward that she thinks Victoria is behind these attacks, but she also has someone making the decisions for her."

Jasper's brows scrunched together in a serious look of concentration. "Why does she think that?"

I pursed my lips before I replied. "Well, I guess Edward had said something about how someone was using the holes in Alice's vision to keep her from seeing the newborns. And then she had mentioned something about the timing being too perfect and how careful Bella's theif was to make no contact, as if he knew Alice would see that. Bella thinks that he did know and that he was using those holes, too." I explained.

He began to nod slowly. "I guess she could be right. I mean, what are the odds that two different people not only know enough about Alice to do that, but also decided to do it at exactly the same time? It's not possible, so it has to be the same person, one person."

"Exactly," I agreed. "The one who is making the army is the same one who stole Bella's scent."

Just then, Bella, Edward and the Native American boy approached us, interrupting our conversation.

"Hello Bella and Edward." I said turning to them and then turned to the unknown person at looked at him questioningly.

It was then that Bella decided to make the introductions. "Jake this is Crystal, she's Carlisle and Esme's daughter and she's also Jasper's mate." She told him softly.

"Hi Jacob it's nice to meet you." I greeted him. "Are you one of the shape shifters that I met at the field yesterday?"

He just nodded his head, and looked slightly put off with all of the vampires in the house. "Yes, I'm one of the shape shifters, and you're the hybrid right?"He asked me with a grin.

I laughed lightly and said, "Yup, that's me; the hybrid."

I was about to say something else, but Jasper came up to me, and wrapped his left arm around my waist and used his right hand to hold my own gently."Darling, were going out to the woods, too see if we can mask Bella's scent with the stench of Jacob's more unappealing odor."He told me trying not to offend the shape shifter. He did smell a little off to me, but it wasn't nearly as bad as they seemed to think. He smelled more like the woods with a hint of cedar and something a bit animalistic.