Chapter 27

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written as a COLLABORATION by both XoBellaItalianaoX and Katara Melody Cullen. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. We hope that you enjoy the story and look forward to reading your reviews. – Bella'Xo

Chapter 27:  Wedding Day (Part Deux)

(Crystal's POV)

          Alice took the garter from Bella's hands and then ducked under her skirt. She gasped and tottered as Alice's hand caught her ankle, causing me to reflexively reach forward to steady her as Alice yanked the garter into place.

          She was back on her feet before Chief Swan had returned with the three frothy white bouquets. The scent of roses and orange blossom and freesia enveloped me in a tantalizing mist.

          Rosalie - the best musician in the family next to Edward and I - began playing the piano downstairs. Pachelbel's Canon. Bella began hyperventilating.

          "Easy, Bells," Charlie said. He turned to Alice and I nervously. "She looks a little sick. Do you think she's going to make it?"

          "She'd better." Alice stood right in front of Bella, on her tiptoes to better stare her in the eye, and gripped her wrists in her hard hands as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders to ensure she remained on her feet. "Focus, Bella."

          "Edward is waiting for you down there at the end of the aisle." I reminded her. "Just think about him and you'll be fine."

          She took a deep breath, seemingly willing herself into composure.

          The music slowly morphed into a new song, and Charlie nudged her."Bells, we're up to bat."

          "Bella?" I asked, my arm still around her, giving her a squeeze.

          "Yes," she squeaked. "Edward. Okay."

          She allowed Alice and I to guide her from the room, with her father tagging along at her opposite elbow.

          The music was louder in the hall. It floated up the stairs along with the fragrance of a million flowers mixed in with the dozens of different scents of the humans, vampires and wolves.

          The music was familiar, Wagner's traditional march surrounded by a flood of embellishments that Rosalie and I had worked on, along with a little help from Edward.

          "It's my turn," Alice chimed before turning to me. "Count to five and follow me. Then Bella will do the same after you." She began a slow, graceful dance down the staircase.

          I gave Bella one more encouraging smile as I silently counted to five, and then began to follow after her, moving at the same speed that she had as I held my bouquet.

          I could feel the curious eyes on me as I made my way down the aisle, interested in getting their first look at the Cullen sibling that they had never met before. However, I ignored them,taking in the beautiful profusion of white blossoms that hung in garlands from everything in the room that wasn't alive, dripping with long lines of white gossamer ribbons. But I tore my eyes from the bowery canopy and searched across the rows of satin-draped chairs - feeling a blush rise to my cheeks as the crowd continued to stare - until I saw him, standing alongside his brother in front of an arch overflowing with more flowers and gossamer.