Chapter 6

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written as a collaboration by both Xo BellaItalia oX and Katara Melody Cullen. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. We hope that you enjoy the story and look forward to reading your reviews. - B

Chapter 6

(Crystal's POV)

I sat in the kitchen eating the food my mother made for me. Since I'm half human I can consume human food too. My mother made me chicken ptarmigan, with pasta, and string beans.

"Mmmm, this is delicious mom."I told her and took another bite out of my chicken.

"Thank you, sweet heart."My mother told me.

I continued to eat my food when I heard my father, and my siblings come into the house.

Dad walked over to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead and asked, "Are you okay, princess?"

I swallowed my string beans. "Yes daddy, I healed myself up, and mom gave me a cup of animal blood to help me regain my strength." I said.

"That's good, darling. Now, where is Jasper? I thought he came back home?" He asked me curiously.

I looked around and didn't see Jasper anywhere. "I'm not sure; I know he was here five minutes ago." I closed my eyes, concentrating on the pull that I felt in my chest that connected me to Jasper and felt that it was pulling me outside of the sliding glass doors and into the woods. I opened my eyes and made a signal with my thumb towards the doors and the forest. "He went that way. Maybe he went to go find Edward?" I told him.

Daddy let out an exasperated sigh and turned to the little pixie of a vampire. "Alice, did you see where Jasper went?"My dad asked her.

"He went to go talk to Edward." She told him, confirming my assumption.

Daddy sighed in exasperation once again and turned to the big burly vampire leaning at the entryway of the kitchen. "Emmett, go bring them back here now." He told Emmett.

Emmett nodded and ran out of the kitchen and out of the house to go get Jasper and Edward.

I had just finished the last of my food when I heard a loud crash outside of the house. I jumped up out of my seat and followed the rest of the family outside to see Emmett on ground with a tree under him.

"What the hell happened?" I asked Emmett, trying not to laugh at the ridiculous display that was presented before me.

"Jasper and Edward are fighting and Jasper is seriously kicking Edward's ass!" Emmett told us, though there was excitement somewhat peaking out through his golden eyes behind his expression as his mate, Rosalie, tended to him.

I sighed, looking over at the rest of the family, who wore uneasy, anxious expressions. I didn't want to make any assumptions since I would be dealing with the most deadly vampire who ever walked the earth.

"Go ahead, Tally." Alice said. "You will be the only one that Jazzy will allow to approach him when he is in this kind of defense mode." She clarified when the rest of the family looked over at her, though Mom seemed to already know this as well.