Chapter 41

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas, and plot is the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

Chapter 41 (Continuation of Chapter 39)

"Crystal's Pov"

Even as we entered my room, the tension from the meeting still hung in the air, heavy and palpable. Choosing outfits for the mission felt strangely surreal, a stark contrast to the gravity of the situation.

"Okay, so we're aiming for average fourteen-year-olds, right?" Jade asked, rifling through the clothes I had in the closet. "Nothing too flashy or conspicuous. We want to blend in, not stand out."

"Exactly," I confirmed, picking out a pair of jeans and a simple T-shirt. "We can't afford to draw too much attention to ourselves."

Maddison, on the other hand, seemed to have a different idea. She emerged from the closet with a neon pink tutu and a sequined top. "What about this?" she asked, holding up the outfit with a grin.

"No, Mads, we're not going to a rave," I said, trying to suppress a laugh. "Remember, we're supposed to be average teenagers."

"Fine," she pouted, tossing the tutu back into the closet.

Once we'd all chosen our outfits, we moved on to the next step - transforming ourselves into teenagers. Jade took the lead on this, her magic skills far surpassing mine or Maddison's. Within moments, we looked, and even felt, like fourteen-year-olds again. (This is what they are wearing)

"Now for the glamour," Jade said, her voice serious as she created the illusion around us

"Now for the glamour," Jade said, her voice serious as she created the illusion around us. I watched in awe as our reflections in the mirror shifted, our appearances changing to match our new ages.

We looked at each other, the transformation complete. It was strange to see my friends as teenagers again. But the strange feeling didn't last long. We had a mission to complete.

Meanwhile, Hiro had been busy. By the time we were finished, he had gathered a collection of weapons and tools, each one carefully chosen for the mission. He had also managed to modify a van, outfitting it with surveillance equipment and a few added extras for our protection.

The plan was simple - infiltrate the club, identify the vampires responsible for the kidnappings, and bring them down. Of course, reality had a way of complicating even the simplest of plans, but we were prepared for that. We were a team, and we would face whatever came our way.

As we loaded up the van, Rose appeared from the woods. We all happily greeted. She asked to talk to me after the mission, and I agreed. While letting Jade fill her in on the mission we were about to embark on.