Out of the Dark & Into the Light

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written as a collaboration by both Xo BellaItalia oX and Katara Melody Cullen. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. We hope that you enjoy the story and look forward to reading your reviews. The quote is from Buffy the vampire slayer so the credit of the quote goes to the writers of the show. -KataraMelodyCullen

Prologue

(Crystalline's POV: 1930)

It was my sixth birthday when I first got the news that I was to became a slayer. However, with my half vampire genes, I guess you could say that I looked to be more around the age of sixteen with the knowledge of a middle aged woman. I was getting ready to take a jet to New York City too go see a Broadway Show with my parents when everything had drastically changed for me.

"Crystalline, if you want to make it to the plane on time, I suggest you hurry it up right now young lady!"Mom shouted out at me from the bottom of the staircase.

"I will be right down, mom! Just give me fifteen minutes or so too finish up my makeup." I called loud enough for her to hear, though, when you think about it, it wasn't all that loud what with her vampire hearing and all.

I finished in fifteen minutes or so just like I said I would as I quickly apply my makeup. Taking a final glance in the mirror, I checked my appearance, giving myself a once over, and I was glad to say that I was genuinely pleased with what I saw.

My waist length long chocolate brown hair fell down my back in waves with little curls at the end just like my mother's. My makeup looked nice, as well. I had pink glossy lip-stick on, my eyelids had a nice shade of baby pink eye shadow on them and I had black eyeliner with some black mascara on my eyelashes, while the rest of my face looked magnificent. But what made my appearance seem perfect was my fabulous clothing.

I was wearing a nice pale pink dress, that had sparkles all over it, and there was a nice matching scarf that went with it that I had nicely wrapped around my slender neck, and my shoes were nice Milanos that were made in Italy, by one of my mother's best friends who was a designer.

I will admit that to human standards, I was a fairly beautiful being. Then again, all vampires were exceptionally beautiful to all humans. It was one of the many ways that they would ensnare their prey by luring them in with their looks. However, my parents and I weren't the type to drink from humans. We were animal drinkers. You could tell the difference between us and them, because unlike their red eyes, animal drinkers had eyes that looked of liquid gold. However, with me being a hybrid, I have almost a dark greyish-blue colored eyes as my mother did when she had me as a human.

After I finally finished looking myself over, I walked over to my bed and grabbed my purse, before I turned around and left my large spacious room. I headed down the grand marble staircase and saw both my mother and father talking silently to one another, so that I wouldn't be able to hear them even with my enhanced senses.

"Mother, Father I'm ready to leave now." I announced as I walked down the last few steps and over to them gracefully.

They both turned around and looked at me, both smiling widely, so that I could see their sparkling, perfect white teeth.