Chapter 35

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas, and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written by Katara Melody Cullen. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. This is not a full chapter, but I thought I would give you something to look forward to. It's not edited, and I know it's only half a chapter but I thought I would post something so you can know that I haven't forgotten the people who read this story.

Chapter 35

(Kenzie's POV)

Today was a new day, and we were still waiting for Aribelle to wake up from her dead sleep. Seriously that girl can sleep through a fire. Which happened before, luckily our brother Remy who is also her twin was there to teleport her out of that situation.

Seth and Leah were downstairs feeding the twins, while we all waited for Belle to wake up. I was sitting in the chair next to the bed Belle was sleeping in, reading memories of a geisha. When dad walked into the room, he glanced over at me and asked me if Belle had made any signs of waking up, I told him no. Dad nodded and took the chair on the other side of the bed.

"Kenzie, how old are you, and Belle?"

"I'm twenty-two years old, and Belle is one-hundred-seventy-two years old."

He looked surprised at the age difference, I could tell dad wanted to ask me something else, but he was debating on whether he should ask me or not, but he soon started to speak up, "How many siblings do you have?"

"I have seven siblings, but one of them was killed at birth by a vampire who went after mom, he was the twin brother to Amira, his name was Alexander. Amira however doesn't know this, I think that's also one of the reasons she acts out, she probably knows something is missing but doesn't know what it is." I told him sadly, trying not to cry at the thought of not only losing my baby brother but also my mother. I mean mom technically isn't dead, but in a deep slumber, we tried everything to wake her up, but nothing worked, not even a true love's kiss which was the stupidest idea anyone could produce. It just became too much on everyone Grandma and Grandpa lost the child that is a product of their love, my aunts, and uncles lost their beloved sibling, dad lost his soulmate, my cousin Nessie lost her only mother figure, and my siblings, and I lost our mother/hero.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even realize my dad was calling me trying to get my attention. I was brought out of my thoughts by a hand gently placed on my shoulder, which turned out to be my father. "Kenzie, are you okay, I can feel the sadness coming off you."

"No, I'm not okay, none of this is okay. We shouldn't even be in this time, but somehow, I feel like Amira, Belle, Callie, and I all needed this."

"McKenzie, what are you telling your mother and me?"

"I can't tell you; I think Belle should tell you guys since she's the oldest."

"Okay, but I can feel your emotions, and it feels like you're about to burst, you need to let go of your pain and sadness. It's not healthy for you to keep it bottled in. How about when Belle wakes you up and I spend some time together okay."

I gazed at him and gently showed him a smile.