Chapter 22

Chapter 22

(Crystal's POV)

I looked up at Edward when he growled out, "I knew it."

"Edward, what do you mean 'you knew it'? What does Jane have to do with this?" I asked him, my brows scrunched forward in confusion.

He looked up at me as he started to explain, "Jane was working with Victoria. Don't you see, Jane knows that Aro wants Alice, Jasper, and I to be a part of his guard. I'm pretty sure that if Aro knew about you and your powers he would want you, as well. Jasper too, if he knew what he was truly capable of. After all, at first thought, an empathic ability doesn't seem like much unless you are able to completely grasp what it means."

Jasper growled at all of this, clutching me tighter to his chest, but I paid him no mind. I continued to study Edward curiously, but then the pieces started to come together in my head.

"Wait, are you trying to tell us that Jane is afraid that Aro would replace her as his favorite if we decided to join his little group of mindless idiots?" I asked him. He nodded his head at me and his face turned angry.

I felt an arm pulling me closer into a body, and I knew that the body belong to none other then my handsome mate, Jasper. He didn't like being ignored when his instincts were screaming at him so. In an attempt to satisfy his primal needs, I simply relaxed into his body, and waited for the conversation to continue.

"Bree, dear, can you us me anything else that you saw going on between Victoria and Jane?" Esme asked her nicely.

She just shook her head no, and I smiled a small smile in comfort. "Alice, can you please keep an eye out for Jane, because if she was helping Victoria, then Jane will try something else on her own. She may even go behind Aro's back and send out a rogue vampire. After all, I highly doubt that he would approve of her going after vampires that he covets so." I reasoned with her cautiously.

Alice nodded as Bella's stomach grumbled loudly, reminding us that she probably hasn't had the chance to properly eat in a while since all the excitement that happened within the last few days. Not to mention, Bree looked like she really needed to get out of here and away from Bella. Her eyes were nearly pitched black and I knew that it was also taking a toll on Jasper as he continued to help her with her thirst.

"Well mom, dad, I think this meeting is over. But I must add that I believe that the Volturi will be coming back to check on Bella soon to see if she's a vampire or not. So, we should probably get everything organized very soon." I told them.

"I think your right, Crystal, and I can see that you and Bella are clearly hungry." Dad says to me, smirking in Bella's direction.

I smiled up at him and nodded as I began to make my way over towards Bella and grabbed her by the hand to drag her into the kitchen with Edward and Jasper following closely behind us.

I paused just before I made my way to the doorway, "Oh, and would someone be so kind as to take Bree out to hunt? I think she deserves it after being so close to Bella for this long."

Bree shot me a grateful expression while Mom smiled and nodded, "Of course, sweetheart." I returned her smile before continuing on into the kitchen.

"So, what do you want to eat, Bella? I can make Lasagna with Corn on the cob." I suggested to her.

"I'll eat anything you make, Crystal. However, I'm going to help by making the salad this time." She grinned at me softly.

I smiled up at her as I reached in and took the food out of the fridge before placing the items on top of the counter.