Chapter 36 (Jackson's Pov)

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas, and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written by Katara Melody Cullen. So, I noticed that I properly didn't introduce Jackson into the story. You might have heard comments from him in the first chapter, and the second chapter, and when McKenzie and Aribelle showed up at his house. So, I thought I would write a chapter just for Jackson so you can get to know him a little better. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. I realized I haven't really introduced Jackson into the story correctly, so this chapter is only about him.

Chapter 36

(Jackson's POV)

A month ago, I found out through Carlisle that Crystal had found her mate again. I was shocked to find out that Jasper was living with the Cullens this entire time. Of course, I never told Carlisle and Esme about knowing Jasper. I thought I somehow got rid of him, but I didn't. I mean I erased both their memories of ever knowing one another, but they somehow found their way back to one another like in one of those overrated fairy tale books.

It's been a day since Crystal came back to Texas with her mate and her two shapeshifter friends. I was a little surprised to see her future daughters at the doorstep, but even more shocked to see the oldest going into labor. She even gave birth to twins, so now the once-quiet manor is once again lively.

I still haven't talked to Crystal about her slayer duties. I had received a message from the elders of the watcher council about some vampires kidnapping children from the ages of seven to fourteen. And they wanted Crystal to find the vampires and terminate them and to try and bring the children home safely if they were still alive that is. Right now, I was just sitting at my desk in my office thinking about ways to avoid Jasper and his annoying human and vampire lie-detector ability.

When Damion texted me and told me that Crystal had gotten married to none other than Jasper Whitlock who was best known as The Major during his time in the vampire southern wars, it brought up unwanted memories of the '40s. I mean this wasn't the first time Jasper and Crystal met, the first time they met was in the year 1940. Crystal had previously introduced me to him in the winter of the 1940s, Crystal was only sixteen at the time. How ironic was it that she met her mate at the exact same age her father met her mother? I wasn't exactly all too thrilled when she introduced me to him as her mate.  I mean she was still training to be a slayer and that was a job that needed no distractions because distractions can get you killed. When I told her that she couldn't have him around and that she needed to get rid of him. I mean he was one of the most dangerous vampires in history, he also was a red-eyed vampire which meant he drank human blood.

She then explained that when she first met him, he didn't know there was another way to drink blood until she explained to him that she and her family drank animal blood. So, she's been showing him how to hunt animals for about four months. Of course, he was skeptical at first, but he allowed her to teach her. I wasn't all too thrilled with how she's been hiding this from me for four months. I mean he could have drained her of all her blood, I seriously did not know what the hell she was thinking at the time. If something would have happened to her, I would have to be the one to explain to her parents that she died. I mean she's supposed to be training and going out at night killing the things that go bump in the night, but No she's too busy showing googly eyes at Jasper. I was surprised that her eyes didn't have hearts in them like in one of those anime shows that Madison and Damien watch.